Connect with us

Sports

Police Caution Ronaldo Over Smashing Of Fan’s Phone

Published

on

Cristiano Ronaldo has been cautioned by British police after footage emerged of the Manchester United forward appearing to smash a phone out of an Everton fan’s hand at a match last season.

The 37-year-old was interviewed by officers in relation to an allegation of assault and criminal damage following the incident at Goodison Park on April 9.

Advertisement

Merseyside Police launched an investigation after a clip was circulated online of Ronaldo appearing to knock the supporter’s mobile phone on to the ground as he limped towards the tunnel following United’s 1-0 loss.

The force said in a statement on Wednesday: “We can confirm that a 37-year-old man voluntarily attended and was interviewed under caution in relation to an allegation of assault and criminal damage.

“The allegation relates to an incident following the Everton v Manchester United football match at Goodison Park on Saturday, April 9.

Advertisement

“The matter has been dealt with by way of conditional caution. The matter has now concluded.”

After the incident, Ronaldo issued a social media apology for his “outburst” and invited the supporter to watch a game at Old Trafford “as a sign of fair-play and sportsmanship”.

Taking to his Instagram account after the match, the Portuguese forward said: “It’s never easy to deal with emotions in difficult moments such as the one we are facing.

Advertisement

“Nevertheless, we always have to be respectful, patient, and set the example for all the youngsters who love the beautiful game.

READ ALSO: Transfer: Ronaldo Tipped To Leave Man Utd Before September

“I would like to apologise for my outburst and, if possible, I would like to invite this supporter to watch a game at Old Trafford as a sign of fair play and sportsmanship.”

Advertisement

It comes as Ronaldo hit out at the “lies” surrounding reports about his future at struggling United.

The Portugal forward missed the club’s pre-season tour to Thailand and Australia for personal reasons as speculation swirled over whether he would be leaving Old Trafford.

It has been reported Ronaldo wants to play Champions League football, but United maintain he is not for sale and remains an integral part of the plans of new boss Erik ten Hag.

Advertisement

The former Real Madrid star played the full 90 minutes of United’s 4-0 defeat at Brentford on Saturday, which left them bottom of the Premier League.

In a reply to a fan account on Instagram that referred to a report linking the United frontman to Atletico Madrid, Ronaldo said fans would “know the truth” in a couple of weeks, adding: “The media is telling lies.”

AFP

Advertisement

 

Advertisement
Advertisement
Comments

Sports

Champions League: ‘They’ve No Excuse,’ Patrice Evra Names Club To Win Trophy

Published

on

By

Manchester United legend, Patrice Evra, has backed Manchester City to win the Champions League this season.

Evra believes Man City have no excuse not to win the Champions League this season after adding striker Erling Haaland to Pep Guardiola’s squad this summer.

Advertisement

Haaland has scored 14 goals in 10 matches this season, three of them in the Champions League.

The Norway international joined the Premier League champions from Borussia Dortmund earlier this summer.

“He (Haaland) is a monster,” Evra told Betfair.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: Transfer: Ronaldo To Leave Man Utd, Finish Career In Champions League Club

He is using his physique, he’s a killer in front of goal, he does the right movements, he’s sharp for someone tall and strong. He’s like a cat.

“He got them back on track and that’s why he’s a number nine, and this is a real number nine. City were winning the league without a striker, but in the Champions League they struggled, now I feel like they have no excuse.

Advertisement

“When they lost that final against Chelsea, Guardiola decided to play without any striker, now this won’t happen again.”

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

Fury Casts Doubts Over Joshua Bout

Published

on

By

Tyson Fury has spoken aggressively against former heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua and current champion Oleksandr Usyk in a fresh social media video on Friday insulting both boxers.

The WBC heavyweight world champion has fired back at the Ukrainian who this week accused him of being afraid of an undisputed title fight between them.

Advertisement

Usyk said concerning Fury, “Despite his toughness and how he is generally described, he is afraid. Yes, of me.”

The Gypsy King has also now claimed that he does not believe Joshua will sign the contract to fight him next on December 3 casting doubts over the possibility of the ‘Battle of Britain’.

READ ALSO: Tyson Fury To Fight Francis Ngannou After Beating Dillian Whyte

Advertisement

Joshua agreed to all of Fury’s terms for the bout, and the sides are now going back-and-forth at contract stages with time running out to finalise a deal.

Fury ranted: “Usyk – you little s***house, you little s***bag.

“Talking s***e, I’m afraid of you? I’ll put my fist right through the side of you, you little sausage.

Advertisement

“And the other s***house, that big bodybuilder Joshua, that’s a proper s***house that it.

“Had the contract for I don’t know how long and ain’t signing it.

“You little sausage, you do not wanna fight, your manager’s a sausage.

Advertisement

“I’ve never seen anything like yous, both a pack of s***houses.

READ ALSO: Joshua Wants £40m To Step Aside For Fury, Usyk

“However, I will be fighting December 3 if this sausage does not sign the contract, which I don’t think he is because I don’t think he’s got the b****cks to, because he’s a s***bag.

Advertisement

“Both of yous, a pair of little sausage s***houses.

“Joshua is a s***house, Usyk a s***house. Yous are all s***houses.”

 

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Sports

EPL: You’re a Real Coach, Chelsea Star Hails Graham Potter

Published

on

By

Chelsea defender, Kalidou Koulibaly, has hailed manager Graham Potter as a real coach.

Potter was recently appointed as Chelsea’s new manager.

Advertisement

The Englishman replaced Thomas Tuchel, who was sacked by Chelsea co-owner Todd Boehly.

The new coach came with some good ideas. He’s a real coach. He did some good things with Brighton. Now he is a Chelsea manager,” Koulibaly told Le Quotidien.

READ ALSO: Transfer: Tuchel Set To Sign Two More Players For Chelsea

Advertisement

“He has guidelines, expectations. It’s up to me to be patient, it’s up to me to show that I deserve to play, to show in training that the coach can trust me.

“Compared to this, there will be no problem. We are also in the first weeks, it is normal for the coach to rely on players who are used to the emblem of Chelsea and who have been there for a very long time.

“When I will be at 100%, there will be no problem, I will play again.”

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Trending