Connect with us

Politics

Presidency: Ohanaeze Warns Tinubu Against Money Politics

Published

on

The Ohanaeze Youth Council, OYC, has denied endorsing Bola Tinubu, National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, for the presidency.

OYC National President, Igboayaka O. Igboayaka, warned Tinubu to be careful of maligning the aspiration of the Southeast to produce Nigeria’s president.

Igboayaka warned the APC presidential aspirant to keep his money because OYC would not compromise its stance on Igbo presidency.

Advertisement

He was reacting to reports that a self-acclaimed OYC leader, Miracle Nwosu, endorsed Tinubu’s candidacy for the Presidency.

However, OYC distanced itself from the purported endorsement of Tinubu’s candidacy.

A statement by Igboayaka reads partly: “If Mr. Miracle Nwosu is a man, let him identify who he is, tell us where he’s living, tell us his village if he is a man. We are using this opportunity to warn any politician that wants to use Ohanaeze Youth Council’s name to cajole Ohanaeze Youth Council in the name of endorsing any political presidential aspirants in 2023 that is not from South East Zone.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu, Amaechi Met In Lagos [PHOTO]

“It’s better that Tinubu keeps his money because his money cannot change the minds of the Igbo youths thereby compromising this project.

“Mr. Bola Tinubu should be very careful; we are warning Ahmed Bola Tinubu and his presidential team to be very very careful in trying to do anything that will malign the interest of Southeast in the 2023 presidential project.

Advertisement

“The Ohanaeze Youth Council, under the leadership of Comrade Igboayaka O. Igboayaka is 100% determined to actualize the Nigerian president of Southeast extraction by 2023. This project is timely and cannot be equated, sub-changed, or changed with anything, either it is South East presidency 2023 or Southeast ceases to be part of Nigeria.”

Politics

Soludo Visits Tinubu, Goes Into Closed Door Session With President

Published

on

Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo, on Thursday, paid a courtesy visit to the President, Bola Tinubu, GCFR at the State House.

Report by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Soludo, Mr Chris Aburime stated that President Tinubu received the Anambra State Governor with excitement, describing him as his long standing friend of over 22 years.

Aburime said, “The President used the occasion to further congratulate Governor Soludo on his landslide victory in the just concluded Anambra gubernatorial election.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:UPDATED: INEC Declares Soludo Winner Of Anambra Guber Poll

Recall that President Tinubu had earlier issued a congratulatory message to Governor Soludo immediately the governorship election was concluded.”

Governor Soludo was declared winner with 73% of the votes cast by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Other details of the meeting were, however, not disclosed as the press Secretary told DAILY POST that both men went into a closed door meeting after the reception.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Politics

2027: I Will Resign If Tinubu Loses In Edo – Governor Okpebholo

Published

on

Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholor has vowed that President Bola Tinubu will win the 2027 presidential election in Edo State.

Okpebholor in an interview captured in a viral video vowed to resign if the outcome of the 2027 election does not favour the president in Edo State.

According to him, the entire people in Edo State are ready to vote for the president, citing projects that his (Okpebholor) administration executed since the All Progressives Congress, APC took over the state.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:Okpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director

He claimed that there is no opposition in the state, stressing that everyone is supporting the ruling party ahead of the 2027 elections.

He said, “There is no opposition here in Edo everybody is for Asiwaju in this state.

Advertisement

“Tinubu is more popular than me in Edo state. If he doesn’t win the presidential election in Edo in 2027, I will resign.”

Continue Reading

Politics

JUST IN: El-Rufai Formally Joins ADC

Published

on

Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has formally joined the African Democratic Congress, ADC.

El-Rufai, a founding member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, left the party earlier this year for the Social Democratic Party, SDP.

READ ALSO:JUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa

Advertisement

In his resignation letter from the SDP, dated November 26, 2025, the former governor stated that his focus is on contributing to the strengthening of a unified democratic platform that can offer a credible political alternative to the people of Nigeria.

“I wish to notify that I have resigned my membership of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, effective 26 November, 2025,” he said.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending