Politics
Presidency: What Southeast Will Do If Atiku Picks Igbo As Running Mate – Ohanaeze Chieftain

A chieftain of the Ohanaeze Ndigbo socio-political organisation, Chuks Ibegbu, has disclosed what the Igbos would do if the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar picks his running mate from the southeast.
Ibegbu said the southeast will not reject it if Atiku opts to pick an Igbo man as his running mate in 2023.
Speaking exclusively with DAILY POST, the former Deputy Publicity Secretary of Ohanaeze Ndigbo said the southeast would also consult round if Atiku opts for an Igbo man.
Ibegbu noted that the vice presidential slot is not what the southeast aspire for in 2023.
According to Ibegbu: “Atiku is at liberty to pick his Vice President from anywhere he likes, including the Southeast. Even if he wants to pick his running mate from Adamawa, no problem. Our people made up their minds that it’s the Presidency they want from the onset.
“We have occupied the Presidency, Vice Presidency, Senate President, and we are saying this is the right time to have political equity by allowing the Igbos to produce Nigeria’s President.
“Until such a time when Nigerians do not mind where the Presidency comes from and build an inclusive society that thinks more of merits, then things will be the way they are.
READ ALSO: Atiku: Southerners Are Noisemakers, Apostle Suleman Reacts
“Atiku picking his running mate from Igbo land is not what we planned for, but politics is a game of possibilities, so we can’t rule out such possibilities. And like I said, it’s not yet over as there are other possibilities. Still, if Atiku says he wants somebody from the Southeast to be my running mate, we won’t reject because politics is a game of possibilities.
“Our people will come back to analyze, dissect, digest, and know the implications. Don’t forget that there are people from the other side saying we don’t want to be part of this injustice in Nigeria.”
Over the weekend, Atiku had emerged as PDP’s presidential flag bearer.
However, he is yet to announce who his running mate would be.
Politics
Soludo Visits Tinubu, Goes Into Closed Door Session With President

Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo, on Thursday, paid a courtesy visit to the President, Bola Tinubu, GCFR at the State House.
Report by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Soludo, Mr Chris Aburime stated that President Tinubu received the Anambra State Governor with excitement, describing him as his long standing friend of over 22 years.
Aburime said, “The President used the occasion to further congratulate Governor Soludo on his landslide victory in the just concluded Anambra gubernatorial election.
READ ALSO:UPDATED: INEC Declares Soludo Winner Of Anambra Guber Poll
“Recall that President Tinubu had earlier issued a congratulatory message to Governor Soludo immediately the governorship election was concluded.”
Governor Soludo was declared winner with 73% of the votes cast by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Other details of the meeting were, however, not disclosed as the press Secretary told DAILY POST that both men went into a closed door meeting after the reception.
Politics
2027: I Will Resign If Tinubu Loses In Edo – Governor Okpebholo

Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholor has vowed that President Bola Tinubu will win the 2027 presidential election in Edo State.
Okpebholor in an interview captured in a viral video vowed to resign if the outcome of the 2027 election does not favour the president in Edo State.
According to him, the entire people in Edo State are ready to vote for the president, citing projects that his (Okpebholor) administration executed since the All Progressives Congress, APC took over the state.
READ ALSO:Okpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director
He claimed that there is no opposition in the state, stressing that everyone is supporting the ruling party ahead of the 2027 elections.
He said, “There is no opposition here in Edo everybody is for Asiwaju in this state.
“Tinubu is more popular than me in Edo state. If he doesn’t win the presidential election in Edo in 2027, I will resign.”
Politics
JUST IN: El-Rufai Formally Joins ADC

Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has formally joined the African Democratic Congress, ADC.
El-Rufai, a founding member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, left the party earlier this year for the Social Democratic Party, SDP.
READ ALSO:JUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa
In his resignation letter from the SDP, dated November 26, 2025, the former governor stated that his focus is on contributing to the strengthening of a unified democratic platform that can offer a credible political alternative to the people of Nigeria.
“I wish to notify that I have resigned my membership of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, effective 26 November, 2025,” he said.
Metro3 days agoJUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
News4 days agoBREAKING: South-West Governors Hold Security Meeting In Ibadan
News5 days agoN6trn: Court Orders Tinubu To Publish NDDC Audit Report, Name Indicted Officials
News4 days agoJimmy Cliff, Jamaican Reggae Legend, Cultural Icon, Is Dead
News4 days agoArmy Releases List Of Shortlisted Candidates For SSC Course
Politics4 days agoJUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa
News2 days agoHow To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
News2 days agoBREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
Headline2 days agoCoup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire
Metro4 days agoBandits Claim Kebbi, Niger Abductions, Vow More Attacks On Soldiers, Politicians [VIDEO]














