Politics
Real Reason I Stopped Tinubu From Being Buhari’s Running Mate In 2015 – Bukola Saraki

Former Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki has denied that he antagonized the ambition of the national leader of the All Progressives Congress, Bola Tinubu to become President Muhmmadu Buhari’s running mate in 2014 for national interest.
The former presidential aspirant under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, stated this while reacting to Tinubu’s comment accusing Saraki of plotting against him in 2014.
Tinubu, a former governor of Lagos State had during a meeting with delegates in Ogun State, claimed that Saraki and others opposed his desire to be Buhair’s running mate in the 2015 elections because he was a Muslim.
Reacting, Saraki, in a statement by the head of his Media Office, Yusuph Olaniyonu, stated that he would always oppose any plan that is capable of causing a religious crisis in a multi-religious country like Nigeria.
READ ALSO: How I Made Osinbajo Vice President – Tinubu
According to Saraki, President Buhari was a Muslim and shouldn’t have another Muslim man as his running mate.
“When I and other leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in 2014 stood against having a Muslim-Muslim ticket, it was not a decision targeted at any individual or group but one taken in the national interest.
“Let me make it clear that the decision to oppose the plans by some people to make APC present a Muslim-Muslim ticket in 2015 was in the national interest and I will take the same stand today, tomorrow, and any other day.
“My stance is based on the fact that such a ticket is not good for the unity of the country and will further accentuate one of our fault lines.
“The opposition to a Muslim- Muslim ticket was not targeted at Tinubu or any other person. It was a decision that even all party leaders know helped the victory of the party and also worked for the unity of the country”, he said.
Saraki was a member of the ruling party when President Buhari won the 2015 presidential election.
Politics
Soludo Visits Tinubu, Goes Into Closed Door Session With President
Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo, on Thursday, paid a courtesy visit to the President, Bola Tinubu, GCFR at the State House.
Report by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Soludo, Mr Chris Aburime stated that President Tinubu received the Anambra State Governor with excitement, describing him as his long standing friend of over 22 years.
Aburime said, “The President used the occasion to further congratulate Governor Soludo on his landslide victory in the just concluded Anambra gubernatorial election.
READ ALSO:UPDATED: INEC Declares Soludo Winner Of Anambra Guber Poll
“Recall that President Tinubu had earlier issued a congratulatory message to Governor Soludo immediately the governorship election was concluded.”
Governor Soludo was declared winner with 73% of the votes cast by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Other details of the meeting were, however, not disclosed as the press Secretary told DAILY POST that both men went into a closed door meeting after the reception.
Politics
2027: I Will Resign If Tinubu Loses In Edo – Governor Okpebholo
Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholor has vowed that President Bola Tinubu will win the 2027 presidential election in Edo State.
Okpebholor in an interview captured in a viral video vowed to resign if the outcome of the 2027 election does not favour the president in Edo State.
According to him, the entire people in Edo State are ready to vote for the president, citing projects that his (Okpebholor) administration executed since the All Progressives Congress, APC took over the state.
READ ALSO:Okpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director
He claimed that there is no opposition in the state, stressing that everyone is supporting the ruling party ahead of the 2027 elections.
He said, “There is no opposition here in Edo everybody is for Asiwaju in this state.
“Tinubu is more popular than me in Edo state. If he doesn’t win the presidential election in Edo in 2027, I will resign.”
Politics
JUST IN: El-Rufai Formally Joins ADC
Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has formally joined the African Democratic Congress, ADC.
El-Rufai, a founding member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, left the party earlier this year for the Social Democratic Party, SDP.
READ ALSO:JUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa
In his resignation letter from the SDP, dated November 26, 2025, the former governor stated that his focus is on contributing to the strengthening of a unified democratic platform that can offer a credible political alternative to the people of Nigeria.
“I wish to notify that I have resigned my membership of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, effective 26 November, 2025,” he said.
-
Metro4 days ago
JUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
-
News5 days ago
BREAKING: South-West Governors Hold Security Meeting In Ibadan
-
News5 days ago
N6trn: Court Orders Tinubu To Publish NDDC Audit Report, Name Indicted Officials
-
News5 days ago
Army Releases List Of Shortlisted Candidates For SSC Course
-
News5 days ago
Jimmy Cliff, Jamaican Reggae Legend, Cultural Icon, Is Dead
-
Politics5 days ago
JUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa
-
News2 days ago
BREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
-
News3 days ago
How To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
-
Headline3 days ago
Coup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire
-
Metro4 days ago
Bandits Claim Kebbi, Niger Abductions, Vow More Attacks On Soldiers, Politicians [VIDEO]