Metro
Teacher Bags 14 Years Imprisonment For Sexually Abusing Seven-yr-old

Lady-justice
Justice Rahman Oshodi of a Lagos Sexual Offences and Domestic Violence Court sitting in Ikeja has sentenced a 61-year-old teacher, Igwe Ngozi, to 14 years imprisonment for sexual assault of a seven-year-old child.
The judge sentenced and convicted Ngozi after finding him guilty as he pleaded to an amended one-count charge brought against him by the state government.
The charge bordered on sexual assault by penetration.
The prosecution alleged that the defendant, on or about February 2019 at Linsey Nursery and Primary School at Igbo-Efon Alpha Beach Road, Lekki, Lagos, attempted to assault a seven-year-old girl by penetrating her vagina with his finger.
READ ALSO:Nigerian Jailed In US Over $6m Inheritance Fraud
His offence is contrary to the provision of Section 262 C.17, Vol. 3 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State 2015.
However, Ngozi was initially charged with one count of sexual assault by penetration, which is punishable by life imprisonment, but approached the prosecution for a plea bargain.
He had pleaded not guilty to the charge when he was initially arraigned sometime in February 2019.
The victim’s mother (PW1) testified that the incident occurred one day when she observed that her daughter’s pants were messy and that she had been complaining of lower abdominal pain.
She told the court that her daughter said her class teacher had been inserting his finger into her vagina, and that each time he did that, she became scared and sometimes screamed.
READ ALSO:Two Nigerians Face Jail Terms In Liberia’s Piracy Trial
The state counsel, S.O. Dada, informed the court on June 16, 2025, and filed on June 19, 2025, that Ngozi had agreed to a plea bargain agreement, which necessitated the amended charge of attempted sexual assault by penetration.
He was therefore re-arraigned on July 17, 2025, and he pleaded guilty.
While delivering judgment yesterday, Justice Oshodi held that he was satisfied that the convict was competent to enter the plea bargain agreement.
The judge held that, “The first charge is punishable by life imprisonment. However, through the plea bargain process, you have pleaded guilty to this lesser charge, and I am bound to sentence you according to the agreed terms.”
READ ALSO:Court Jails Two For Targeting President With Sorcery
“As a class teacher, you were supposed to protect the child, but unfortunately abused a seven-year-old child, causing physiological trauma to the victim.”
“Igwe Ngozi, I have considered your breach of trust as a teacher and the trauma inflicted upon her; I find the maximum sentence appropriate.”
The court therefore found him guilty as charged and sentenced him to 14 years imprisonment. The court ordered that the sentence should begin from the date he was remanded in custody.
The judge also held that the convict should be registered as a sex offender in furtherance of Sections 33 and 38 of the Domestic and Sexual Violence Agency Law of Lagos State 2021, and also serve his sentence in the place he has been held during his trial.
Metro
Violence Rocks APC Reps Primary In Ekiti Ward, Exercise Declared Inconclusive

Chaos erupted at the All Progressives Congress, APC, primary for Ward 10, Fajuyi Pavilion, Ado Local Government Area of Ekiti State on Saturday.
Electoral officials halted the process and declared it inconclusive after violence broke out among party supporters.
The primary pitted Olushola Fatoba against Tope Ogunleye, widely known as RST. Loyalists and agents of both aspirants had converged on Fajuyi Pavilion before voting was scheduled to begin.
According to eyewitnesses, tensions rose when suspected thugs allegedly backing Fatoba stormed the venue wielding canes and firearms. Their arrival appeared aimed at intimidating Ogunleye’s supporters and suppressing turnout.
READ ALSO:APC Clears Wike Loyalists, Disqualifies All Fubara-aligned Aspirants For State Assembly
Despite the hostile atmosphere, Ogunleye’s backers held their ground, chanting solidarity songs in support of their candidate. Voting eventually started under heavy tension.
Observers at the scene said Ogunleye seemed to have the larger share of support among members present, with his base visibly outnumbering the opposition.
Violence broke out after Fatoba’s camp allegedly sensed an imminent loss. Clashes between both groups forced an abrupt end to voting.
During the unrest, Ogunleye’s agent, Mr. Sunday, was assaulted. Another member, Mr. Femi Ogunleye, was reportedly beaten and his Tecno Spark 9 phone seized. A female supporter, Mrs. Oluwaseun Osamuwa, was also attacked and her Apple Smart Wrist Watch stolen. Both Mr. Femi Ogunleye and Mrs. Osamuwa sustained injuries and were rushed to hospital.
READ ALSO:Rumblings In APC Over Aborted Deal With Lawmakers
As of press time, no winner had emerged and the Ward 10 primary remained inconclusive.
The violence has renewed concerns over thuggery and intimidation in internal party elections. Party members and political observers say the incident raises serious questions about voters’ ability to freely choose candidates without fear.
Stakeholders are calling on security agencies and electoral authorities to probe the disruption, ensure justice for those attacked, and safeguard the credibility of future primaries.
Metro
My Wife Destroyed My Property, Instigated Our Children To Beat Me, Man Tells Court

The Grade A Customary Court, Court 2, sitting in Mapo, Ibadan, Oyo State, has delivered judgment in a divorce suit filed by a man, Theophilus, against his wife, Aina, whom she accused of lack of affection, frequent quarrels, and domestic violence.
According to Theophilus, Aina was stubborn and always insisted on having things her own way.
He further said that she was disobedient and refused to listen to him.
The plaintiff also told the court that the defendant was hostile towards their friends and neighbours, which often led to conflicts between them.
READ ALSO:My Wife Attempted Suicide, Turned Our Children Against Me ‘Cos I Suddenly Became Poor —Husband
He further claimed that Aina was violent and would attack him with any object within her reach during disagreements.
In addition, he accused her of destroying his property whenever they had differences.
Theophilus also explained that Aina turned their children against him.
He stated that they assaulted him and damaged his belongings.
He told the court that he eventually left their home because he feared for his safety and believed that the defendant intended to harm him.
READ ALSO:My Husband Is A Figurehead, I Feed Our Five Children, Pay Their Fees
The plaintiff therefore appealed to the court to dissolve their marriage and also requested an order restraining Aina from threatening him or interfering with his privacy.
Aina was absent from court despite being served court summons.
Theophilus, while giving his testimony before the court, stated, “I have not enjoyed peace or rest of mind since I married my wife.
“I paid her bride price to her family, but they rejected it.
“My wife is far from being a virtuous woman.
“She was never submissive and was always full of herself.
READ ALSO:My Wife Of 22yrs Denies Me Sex —Husband
“She had no respect for me and disobeyed my instructions whenever she wished.
“She neither listened to me nor accepted my advice.
“My wife was also violent.
“During disagreements, she attacked me with any dangerous object she could lay her hands on.
“On three different occasions, Aina destroyed my property.
“Our neighbours and friends were not exempt from her hostility.
READ ALSO:Man Jumped To His Death To Avoid Being Caught By Lover’s Husband
“She was constantly at loggerheads with them and fought with them on several occasions.
“My wife also turned our children against me.
“They beat me mercilessly and nearly killed me.
“They also destroyed my belongings.
“I left the house after the incident because it became obvious that my wife wanted me dead.
READ ALSO:My Husband Is A Figurehead, I Feed Our Five Children, Pay Their Fees
“I came to court to seek the dissolution of our marriage because my wife’s presence in my life has brought me nothing but pain and suffering.
“I sincerely appeal to the court to dissolve our marriage.
“I also request an order restraining her from threatening me or interfering with my privacy.”
The Court President, Mrs. O. E. Owoseni, while delivering judgment, stated that there was no valid marriage to dissolve because no marital rites were performed, and no bride price was paid.
Owoseni also issued an order restraining the defendant from threatening or interfering with the plaintiff’s private life
Metro
‘I Have Nowhere To Go, He Married Me At 14yrs Old, Now He Wants Divorce 30yrs After’

A 44-year-old woman, Zainab Isah, has told a Shari’a Court 1 sitting at Magajin Gari, Kaduna, Kaduna State, that she had nowhere to go after her divorce from her husband, Alhaji Abdulhamid.
According to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), Zainab told the court that Abdulhamid married her when she was 14 years old.
“I have been married to him for 30 years now and our union is blessed with 10 children,” she stated.
She further said that her husband divorced her on January 1.
READ ALSO:My Husband Disappeared From Home For Six Years, Left Me, Our Children To Starve — Wife
“I am yet to complete my waiting period (Iddah), as required under Islam.
“I lived in peace with my co-wives but I can’t leave my children for them; three of my children are sick,” she said.
Earlier , Abdulrashid Musa, counsel to Abdulhamid, prayed the court to compel Zainab to leave his house since they were no longer married.
He said he had issued two pronouncement of divorce to the defendant.
READ ALSO:After Divorce, She Became A Tenant In My House —Ex-husband
The first, he said was pronounced on December 29, 2025, adding that she had finished her Iddah.
He stated that all efforts made by him to ensure she leaves his house, failed.
He alleged that she was causing trouble for his other wives.
READ ALSO:My Wife Swore To Kill Me, Stopped Cooking For Me — Husband
The complainant however, told the court that he was ready to pay for his ex wife’s rent when she gets a new place to live with her children.
The judge, Malam Mu’awiya Shehu said the rights of a woman for shelter, feeding and other provisions by the husband ends when divorce occur adding that only the children have the right to be taken care of .
He adjourned the matter to June 1 for the defendant to find a new place she can relocate to with her children.
Politics5 days agoFubara Clears Air On ‘Defection’ To NDC [VIDEO]
News4 days agoGun Battle In Oyo Forest As Police Disrupt ₦10m Ransom Collection Plot
Politics3 days agoFour Fubara Loyalists Disqualified As APC Clears 21 For Rivers Reps Primaries
News5 days agoEx-power Minister Jailed 75 Years Over Fraud
Metro4 days agoDrama As Teenagers Stage Secret Wedding With N3,000 Bride Price
Politics3 days ago2027: Court Rebukes Plaintiff, Lawyer In Suit Against Jonathan, Awards N1m Fine
News3 days agoLagos Sanctions 15 Money Lending Companies For Sharp Practices
Politics5 days ago2027: Daniel-Abiodun Feud Deepens Over Senatorial Ticket For Ogun East
News4 days agoPAP Sends Additional 15 Scholarship Beneficiaries For Post-Graduate Studies In UK
Entertainment5 days agoGrammy Announces Date For 2027 Awards Nominations















