Connect with us

Entertainment

Timaya, Ubi Franklin Clash Over 2021 Fight [See Tweet of Insults]

Published

on

Nigerian singer and songwriter, Inetimi Timaya Odon, known better as Timaya, and music artists manager, Ubi Franklin, on Wednesday, disagreed over January 2021 fight involving the duo.

While Timaya claimed he beat up Franklin during the encounter, the latter maintained that he stood up to him (Timaya), and defended himself.

Timaya had on Wednesday morning called out Franklin to focus on his career and alleged new job as a nanny.

Advertisement

Timaya, who also threatened to beat up Franklin, reminded the record label boss of a similar incident in January 2021 when they got into a physical fight.

In a post on his verified Twitter handle on Wednesday morning, Timaya wrote, “Ubi Franklin you remember the beating I gave you in January last year? Don’t let me beat you again, and please I like your new JOB. As Ifeanyi’s NANI and please don’t mess it up. Davido is a good guy he can make your life. Please focus on your new JOB. Thanks.”

But countering Timaya’s claim, Franklin said he defended himself contrary to the singer’s claim, adding that given another circumstance, he will still defend himself.

Advertisement

Giving his own account of what transpired during the 2021 encounter in a series of tweets, Franklin said he would provide the Close Circuit Television Camera footage of what happened during the said fight.

He wrote, “I know because y’all see timaya act gangster you feel say him fit beat me 😂😂😂 No Wahala, I go find that CCTV footage from my oga house see how he knelt down to beg. He called me the next day to apologise cos he was high and attacked me unprovoked, self-defense came to play.

“I made sure he got his, I wasn’t satisfied because they were too many Big Boys/men who knew he attacked me unprovoked because he was drunk and I did mine to fill gaps. I am not a violent person, but I will defend myself.”

Advertisement

READ ALSO: Timaya: Hit-and-run Victim Breaks Silence

Franklin also said Timaya was bringing the encounter to the public domain because he had called him out over his (Timaya) recent hit-and-run controversy.

Franklin tweeted, “Timaya is so petty. You are angry because I told how wrong it was to knock a woman down and leave her to her fate.

Advertisement

“You come to talk trash here today? I am not a person that will see wrong and keep quiet. You were wrong to have knocked that woman down and left her there. Period.”

The PUNCH had on March 2, 2022, reported how Timaya was accused of hitting a lady in the Ikate area of Lagos State.

See their tweets below as captured by The PUNCH:

Advertisement

 

 

Advertisement

Entertainment

Organizers Cancel Burna Boy’s US Shows After Fans Refused To Buy Tickets

Published

on

The singer ‘No Sign of Weakness’ US tours including tonight’s performance scheduled for November 28, 2025, at The Armory in Minneapolis was abruptly cancelled after fans failed to buy tickets.

Ticketmaster announced the last minute cancellation on its website on Thursday.

Today’s show was cancelled with another concert scheduled for December 1, 2025, in Chicago.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:Burna Boy Reveals Fighting Secret Battles

While the tour failed to provide a specific reason for the cancellation, the development came amid the public criticism directed at
Burna Boy after he walked out a couple for sleeping during his performance at Colorado.

The viral video of the incident sparked controversy, which intensified after the singer, while reacting to his critics during an Instagram live session, said “he only wants supporters who buy his tickets and not fans”.

Advertisement

It was later reported that the woman who slept during his performance was grieving a recent personal loss.

Confirming the cancellation, Burna Boy in a post on his Instagram story on Friday morning shared a direct link from the ticketing website, showing that the two concerts were cancelled.

 

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Entertainment

My Father Regretted Funding My Education After I Became Skit Maker – Sabinus

Published

on

Nigerian comedian, Emmanuel Ejekwu, popularly known as Sabinus, has revealed that his father didn’t initially support his decision to become a comedian.

In a candid interview with VJ Adams, Sabinus explained that his dad wanted him to be a lawyer but he eventually settled for Linguistics and Communication Studies after failing to secure a law admission.

He recalled that it was while studying at the University of Port Harcourt that he discovered his comedy talent and start making skits.

Advertisement

The comedian said when his dad found out that he was a skit maker, he regretted funding his education and described the profession as “stupid business.”

READ ALSO:Why I Don’t Promote Nudity With My Skits – Sabinus

Sabinus said, “At first, my dad never wanted me to be what I am today, he wanted me to be a lawyer. I tried my best but I couldn’t secure a law admission. So, I had to settle for Linguistics and Communication Studies at Uniport.

Advertisement

“It was on the campus that I saw skit making and I decided to try it out. Money wasn’t coming.

“After I graduated, my dad never knew I was a comedian because I was hiding it. It was one more year after school that he started seeing me on comedy show posters. My sisters confirmed to him that I was into comedy. He was very furious. He fumed, ‘Which comedy? Stupid business. Look at the boy I sent to become a lawyer.’”

The comedian added that his dad eventually gave him his blessings after he started gifting him money from his proceeds from comedy.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Entertainment

My First Son Not Interested In Taking After Me – 2Face Reveals Nino’s Ambition

Published

on

Legendary Nigerian musician, Innocent Idibia, popular known 2Face, has revealed that his first son, Nino, isn’t interested taking after him by becoming a musician.

Despite Nino being a talented sax player, his father revealed that his ambition is to become a medical doctor.

The African Queen crooner disclosed this while bringing Nino on stage at an event in Abuja, marking his 25 years in music industry.

Advertisement

“Making some noise for my son Nino, mehn,” he tells the crowd as he brings the lad on stage.

READ ALSO:2Face Idibia Reacts To Alleged Arrest In London [VIDEO]

He said he doesn’t want to be a singer. He wants to be a doctor,” he added amid cheers from the crowd.

Advertisement

2Face’s first son, Nino Idibia, was born on January 15, 2006, to him and his former baby mama, Sumbo Adeoye.

Nino is a saxophonist, a model and social media influencer.

Children following their parents’ footsteps is a common phenomenon in the Nigerian music industry.

Advertisement

Wizkid’s first son, Boluwatife Balogun recently launched his musical career at the age of 14 with his debut EP ‘Champions’ Arrival’ under the stage name, Champz.

 

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending