Metro
Traditional Ruler, Two Others Killed In Bloody Benue Land Dispute

A protracted land dispute between the people of Okete in Ohimini Local Government Area, LGA, of Benue state and the neighbouring community of Otukpo-Nobi in Otukpo LGA over the ownership of
Amla-Icho community land has claimed the lives of a traditional ruler and two others in the feuding communities.
It was gathered that the age long dispute was triggered last week when the Chairman of Otukpo LGA, Alfred Omakwu allegedly sent a bulldozer to the disputed land to enable him commence work on the creation of a layout in the area.
The presence of the earth moving equipment angered the people of Okete who moved to stop the destruction of the cultivated land.
In his account on the incident, the Chairman of Otukpo LGA said “the problem is that the Okete people lost it. It is a dispute between Amla in Otukpo and Okete in Ohimini LGA and a total of three people lost their lives in the crisis.
READ ALSO: Troops Eliminate Shekau’s Top Ally, Tahir Baga In Sambisa Forest Troops
“What happened was that they (the Okete people) used to go and farm in Amla land but sometimes last year when we wanted to develop a layout there, the Okete people went to report to the Och’Idoma that their farm produce were there and the Och’Idoma directed that no layout should be done until they harvest their products.
“February this year, they harvested their produce and the Och’Idoma called them and informed them that by March this year, Otukpo would go ahead with their layout and that they should not farm there again.
“But when the bulldozers returned they said they had farmed there already and reported the matter to their Second Class Chief as well as their LGA Chairman who called me and I told them that the Och’Idoma asked them not to farm there again because of the layouts.
“So when the bulldozer went there on Friday, they came with their lawyer who called me and I told him everything and said if they want to go to court, it was their right.
“They demanded that the bulldozer stopped work but their lawyer advised that they should wait for him to get an injunction from the court but they said they could not wait.
READ ALSO: NIMC Warns Against Fake NIN Number
“They then went to the First class chief of Otukpo/Ohimini who called Och’Idoma and the Och’Idoma said they should not stop the people doing the layout because he asked them not to farm their again.
“At that point they went there and opened fire on the people; they killed one and shot two people and burnt all their motorbikes about 10 of them.
“Then Otukpo retaliated the next day; they also burnt some houses and killed one person and killed another person in Amla making two.
“But we have maintained calm. The Police Commissioner summoned all of us for a peace meeting so we are restoring peace now among both parties. We have agreed that all the culprits will be arrested and brought to book.”
Countering his Otukpo counterpart, the Ohimini LG Chairman, Samson Okoh who also acknowledged that the dispute was over land said “there is a place called Amla, it’s close to Okete. The Otukpo Chairman took the bulldozers to the place where the Okete people used to farm for years and according to him he wanted to do a layout. So he went and destroyed their farm crops.
“When the Okete people demanded an explanation, the Amla people said the land does not belong to the Okete people but to the Amla people.
“According to what I was told, when the argument ensued somehow one of them from Otukpo pulled the trigger and shot but the bullet mistakenly hit a fellow Otukpo person.
“Then on Saturday night the Amla people went and reinforced and barricaded the Okete people, burnt houses, beat up ans killed one boy. And on Sunday around 10am when I went to take the boy they killed to the mortuary, the Alma people went to the place again and burnt 17 houses, burnt motorcycles, slaughtered a Clan Head Chief Sunday Okpe, and shot five other persons who we took to the Teaching Hospital in Otukpo for treatment.”
The Chairman who informed that the community had been deserted said the parties had been summoned by the Police Commissioner over the matter and that efforts were on to apprehend the masterminds of the crisis.
On whether the Paramount ruler of Idoma land, Och’Idoma Agaba-Idu John Odogbo asked his people not to farm on the said land again, the Chairman said, “I am not aware of that but the Otukpo Chairman claimed so. I was not told by the Och’Idoma to tell the people not to farm there.
“Moreover, the Och’Idoma cannot tell the people to stop farming where they have been farming for several years without compensation or settlement and you just take the bulldozer to destroy their crops on the hectares of land they eke a living from.”
Contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, Superintendent, SP, Catherine Anene who confirmed the development said the command received the report of one death though she was awaiting full details of the incident.
Metro
Tanker Crash Kills Three, Fire Razes Shops In Kano

Three people died on Friday after a petrol tanker crashed and caught fire in Kura Local Government Area of Kano State, while a separate blaze destroyed shops at Hamisu Plaza along Maiduguri Road.
The incidents were detailed in a statement issued on Saturday by the Public Relations Officer of the Kano State Fire Service, ACFO Saminu Yusif Abdullahi.
According to the statement, the first accident occurred around 1:30 p.m. when the agency received a call from retired Civil Defence officer Danlami Muhammad.
He reported that a tanker had fallen at the Kura market junction along Zaria Road.
READ ALSO:
“Firefighters rushed from the headquarters to the scene and found a petrol tanker with the registration number NGZ 250 XA carrying about 30,000 litres of fuel. The tanker had overturned, caught fire and struck a cyclist who was on the road.
“The incident affected four people. Three of the victims were found unconscious and were later confirmed dead, while the cyclist managed to escape alive,” the Fire Service said.
Firefighters, working with the police and the Federal Road Safety Corps, brought the situation under control.
The victims were handed over to ASP Ahmad Lawan of the Kura Police Division.
READ ALSO:Five Injured As Tanker, Bus Collide In Lagos
Two fire trucks, one from the headquarters and another from the Kura station responded to the call. The cause of the crash is still being investigated.
The second incident happened around 2:45 p.m. after the control room received a distress call from Fire Assistant III Ahmad Gwangwazo, reporting a fire at Hamisu Plaza in Taruni LGA.
On arrival, firefighters found a two-storey commercial building measuring about 200 by 200 feet with flames coming from the upper floor.
“The fire affected three shops, while two others were saved,” the statement said.
The team was able to prevent the fire from spreading to the remaining shops on the first floor and the entire ground floor.
READ ALSO:Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ibadan
A fire truck stationed at the ongoing trade fair also joined the operation. The cause of this fire is also under investigation.
The Director of the Kano State Fire Service, Alhaji Sani Anas, urged residents to be extra careful, especially during the harmattan season.
“He is appealing to the general public to handle fire with care to avoid disasters.
“He further urged motorists to drive calmly and follow traffic rules to prevent accidents that may lead to loss of life or property,” the statement added.
Metro
Protest In Enugu Community As gunmen Kidnap Five Villagers, Injure One

Some women in Ezimo community, Udenu Local Government Area of Enugu State, on Saturday, staged a protest over the alleged kidnap of five residents and the shooting of another during an attack on the community.
The protesters, who marched through major parts of the community, said the incident had heightened fear and insecurity in the area.
One victim of the attack is currently receiving treatment in the hospital.
READ ALSO:Enugu Gov Mbah Set to Dump PDP
A social media influencer, ‘Sen.’ Chijinkem Ugwuanyi, made this known via Facebook on Saturday.
Ugwuanyi revealed that resident who confirmed the incident said recent cases of abductions and shootings had left the community unsafe, prompting the women to demand urgent government intervention.
In a video shared on Ugwuanyi’s Facebook page, the protesters called on the Enugu State Government and security agencies to step in and restore peace, warning that residents could no longer live under constant fear of attacks.
Metro
Bodies Of Two Kidnapped Cameroonian Women Found In Anambra River

The Anambra State Police Command on Saturday, confirmed the recovery of two female bodies believed to be among three Cameroonian women allegedly kidnapped in the state.
The bodies were discovered in the Omambala River, Anambra West Local Government Area.
The Police Public Relations Officer, SP Ikenga Tochukwu, stated that the discovery followed intensive search operations conducted on Friday evening, 28th November 2025, by operatives from the Rapid Response Squad, Awkuzu, in collaboration with professional river divers and local volunteers.
“The recovered bodies have been positively identified by the family as Mrs Bognou Alice and her niece, Miss Sandra,” SP Tochukwu said, adding,“Both bodies have been deposited in a mortuary for further forensic examination and investigative procedures.”
READ ALSO:Anambra Poll: Situation Room Makes Post-election Statement, Seeks Strict Laws On Vote Buying
The police had earlier arrested two suspects, Nonso Augustine Akpeh, 37, and Kingsley Akpeh, 44, who are cooperating with investigators.
A third suspect, Uchenna Nicholas Mmadu, remains at large, with security operatives intensifying efforts to apprehend him.
Commissioner of Police, CP Ikioye Orutugu, Ikenga said had extended condolences to the bereaved families and assured the public of the Command’s commitment to justice and security.
READ ALSO:Police Rescue Stolen Boy, Arrest Six Over Child Trafficking In Anambra
The CP further directed all units to strengthen operational activities aimed at recovering the remaining kidnapped victim.
The tragic discovery has sent shockCwaves across the state, highlighting growing concerns over the security of foreign nationals and residents alike.
Authorities have urged the public to remain vigilant and report any information that could assist in the ongoing investigation.
Metro4 days agoJUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
News3 days agoHow To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
News3 days agoBREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
Headline3 days agoCoup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire
Metro5 days agoBandits Claim Kebbi, Niger Abductions, Vow More Attacks On Soldiers, Politicians [VIDEO]
News3 days agoTinubu Appoints Non-Career Ambassadors For US, UK, France
Politics4 days agoCrack In Edo APC As Group Accuses Party Chieftain Of Acting Opposition’s Script
Metro2 days agoBREAKING: Bandits Abduct Teenage Boy, Six Girls From FCT Community
News2 days agoGuinea-Bissau Coup: FG Gives Update On Ex-President Jonathan
Entertainment4 days agoWhy I Stopped Going To Church – Actress Ariyiike Dimples













