Connect with us

Metro

Tragedy As Suspect In Ondo Varsity Students’ Murder Dies In Police Custody

Published

on

The Ondo State Police Command on Saturday confirmed the death of a murder suspect, Femi Oladele, also known as Tallex, during a brief illness.

Oladele was arrested for his alleged role in the abduction and death of two students of the Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko – Andrel Okah and John Abba.

Advertisement

The two students, who were friends – Andrel Okah of the Department of History and International Studies, and John Abba of the Department of Economics – were said to be in 200-level in their departments before their disappearance on campus.

After their disappearance for three weeks, their colleagues raised the alarm and reported the matter to the police.

READ ALSO: Ondo Govt, Company Sign MoU To Build $15bn 500,000bpd Refinery

Advertisement

Thereafter, the command swung into action and began an investigation which led to the arrest of Oladele and two other accomplices. Oladele was said to be a landlord of one of the victims.

During interrogation of the suspects, the police said one of the suspects confessed that the victims had been killed, while their bodies were dumped at different locations in Ekiti State.

The police later disclosed that Okah’s body had been recovered and deposited at a morgue, while efforts were ongoing to recover Abba’s.

Advertisement

A source informed our correspondent that while in police custody, Oladele fell sick and was rushed to a hospital by the police, where he gave up the ghost.

READ ALSO: Ondo Gov Election Tribunal Fixes Date For Judgment

The suspect (Oladele) was sick in the custody where he was kept by the police. When his health condition was getting worse, he was quickly rushed to the hospital, where he later died.”

Advertisement

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Mrs Olayinka Ayanlade, confirmed the death of the suspect, stating that Oladele had been receiving treatment but succumbed in the early hours of Friday.

“Yes, he is dead. He had been under medical supervision since his arrest and had been in and out of the hospital. He passed away yesterday (Friday). We have recovered the decomposing body of Okah and are still searching for Abba’s remains.

“We urge the public to disregard any attempt to twist the facts. The command remains fully committed to justice. Everyone involved will face the full weight of the law,” the PPRO stated.

Advertisement

Metro

My Wife Sleeps In Leggings, Denies Me Sex —Husband

Published

on

He starves me, our children, beat me, left me almost naked in public —Wife

A minibus driver complained before a local court in Lusaka, Zambia, that his wife sleeps in leggings to prevent him from making love to her.

Richard Makura, 48, of Kanyama compound was testifying in a case in which his wife, Patricia Mulenga, 40, a business woman sued him for divorce on allegation that he was violent.

Advertisement

According to the Zambian Observer, the two got married in 1996 and have three children.

Patricia told the senior court magistrate, Lewis Mum, sitting with two other magistrates, Abbyshine Michelo and Esther Mulomba at Kanyama Local Court that Richard has been beating her over petty issues since her father in 2004.

READ ALSO:I No Longer Love My Husband, I Want Divorce —Wife

Advertisement

She explained that in 2006, he threatened to burn her clothes and was forced to seek refuge at her parents’ home.

She told the court that he once beat her until she fainted.

Patricia stated that in 2015, Richard started working for APG Milling in Mansa but still failed to provide for the family because he only sent home K50 or K100 per month.

Advertisement

She further said that Richard joined her in June 2016 when his contract was terminated but she never saw the benefits he was given.

READ ALSO:‘My Husband Became Hostile After Losing His Job, Brandished Cutlass At Me’

“When I asked for our children’s school fees, he beat me in public and removed the chitenge material I was wearing.

Advertisement

“I was left in the short skirt I was wearing and in the confusion, he beat a man who wanted to rescue from his hand,” Patricia stated.

In defense, Richard denied being violet but admitted that problem started in 2006 when he had a girlfriend.

READ ALSO:My Wife Denies Me Sex, Neglects Our Children —Husband

Advertisement

He explained that when he came from Mansa, his wife started sleeping in leggings to prevent him from making love to her.

The magistrate, Mumba stated that there was violence in their marriage and since Patricia wanted divorce, the court had no power to continue to live with Richard.

He granted the couple divorce, ordering Richard to compensate Patricia with K6,000 with initial payment of K1,000 followed by monthly installment of K400.

Advertisement

Property acquired together was ordered to be shared equally.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Metro

I Spent 13 Days In Hospital After My Husband Beat Me —Wife

Published

on

…I now love her the more —Husband

A housewife, LadidiI Abass, has dragged her husband, Shehu Abass, to a Sharia Court sitting in Magajin Garki, Kaduna, Kaduna State, seeking divorce over alleged battery.

Abass who reside at Rigasa, Kaduna, said her husband usually beat her any time they had a misunderstanding.

Advertisement

Accordng to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), the last time he did, he was hospitalised for 13 days.

He usually beats me in front of our children.

The last time he beat me, I was hospitalized for 13 days,”  Ladidi said.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:My Wife Harasses, Slaps Me All The Time —Husband

She prayed the court to dissolve their union and grant her custody of their children.

The defendant, Shehu, denied all the allegations.

Advertisement

“I have just started loving my wife. I love her more and more every hour, “

Shehu thus prayed the court to grant him time to resolve their differences.

The judge, Murtal Nasir, after he had heard both parties, ordered the complainant to testify on her allegation on battery.

Advertisement

He then adjourned the case.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Metro

My Husband Abandoned Me, No Longer Comes To My Room —Wife

Published

on

…I still love her —Husband

A housewife, Hassana Adamu, has urged a Upper Area Court, Gwagwalada, Abuja, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), to dissolve her 10-year-old marriage to her husband, Danjuma Ali, on the grounds of lack of love and interest.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), Hassan told the court that her marriage with Danjuma is blessed with three kids.

Advertisement

“I have lost interest in our marriage and no longer love my husband.

“My husband has abandoned me. He does not enter my room again, and he is no longer interested in me.

READ ALSO:I Doubt Our Only Child’s Paternity, I Want DNA Test, Man Tells Court

Advertisement

I want the court to dissolve our marriage because of lack of love and interest.”

Danjuma in his response , however, said that he still loved his wife.

The judge, Malam Abdulkarim, advised the couple to explore some means of settlement.

Advertisement

Abdulkarim asked the complainant if she was willing to accept back her husband if he did all she wanted, but she answered in the negative.

He then adjourned the case.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending