Politics
Tribunal: INEC Presents Blurry Adeleke’s Testimonial, Oyetola Kicks

The Election Petition Tribunal hearing case emanating from the July 16 governorship election in Osun State was forced into adjournment on Thursday following presentation of blurry documents used by the Governor Ademola Adeleke for 2018 elections.
The eight-page documents presented by a Deputy Director of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Joan Arabs, included Certified True Copies of the testimonial obtained by Adeleke from Ede Muslim Grammar School, and West Africa Examination Council General Certificate of Education.
The panel had last week Friday ruled that INEC chairman should bring Adeleke’s filings for 2018 poll on its next sitting.
READ ALSO: Adeleke Directs LG Heads To Replace Sacked Chairmen
At the day’s proceedings, after checking the documents presented by INEC, counsel to the petitioners, Lateef Fagbemi, SAN, who appeared with Akin Olujinmi, SAN, told the panel that two out of the pages were not clear enough.
Fagbemi said section for scores obtained by the candidate on the GCE result was blank, adding that the address of the school that awarded the testimonial was not also clear enough.
But counsel to INEC, Prof. Paul Ananaba, SAN, said the copies were clear and readable, urging the plaintiffs to allow the documents to be admitted, since they had earlier claimed that they had CTC copies of the documents which could be presented.
He assured not to object to the documents if presented by the plantiffs.
Counsel to Adeleke and Peoples Democratic Party, Onyeachi Ikpeazu, SAN and Dr. Alex Izinyon, SAN, respectively said the documents were clear enough, but admitted some sections were blurry.
They, however, said the documents were still rectifiable and urged the petitioners to call their next witness, while INEC should be made to present a clearer copies, if they have.
Ananaba later called for stand down of the matter to enable him obtain screenshots of the documents from the INEC headquarters in Abuja.
After the panel had reconvened, Ananaba presented both colour and back and white copies made from the screenshots obtained from INEC head office, which he also admitted were not better than the copies earlier presented.
He sought adjournment to enable INEC brought before the panel, the file from which the copies earlier presented were made from.
READ ALSO: JUST IN: Supreme Court Affirms Osun Gov-elect, Adeleke As PDP Candidate
Fagbemi, however, insisted that the order of the court was that clear documents should be presented, saying the respondents must comply with the directive.
Reading the ruling of the panel, the Tribunal Chairman, Justice Tertse Kume, adjourned the matter till Saturday for the INEC to bring the original file containing the documents.
PUNCH
Politics
Soludo Visits Tinubu, Goes Into Closed Door Session With President

Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo, on Thursday, paid a courtesy visit to the President, Bola Tinubu, GCFR at the State House.
Report by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Soludo, Mr Chris Aburime stated that President Tinubu received the Anambra State Governor with excitement, describing him as his long standing friend of over 22 years.
Aburime said, “The President used the occasion to further congratulate Governor Soludo on his landslide victory in the just concluded Anambra gubernatorial election.
READ ALSO:UPDATED: INEC Declares Soludo Winner Of Anambra Guber Poll
“Recall that President Tinubu had earlier issued a congratulatory message to Governor Soludo immediately the governorship election was concluded.”
Governor Soludo was declared winner with 73% of the votes cast by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Other details of the meeting were, however, not disclosed as the press Secretary told DAILY POST that both men went into a closed door meeting after the reception.
Politics
2027: I Will Resign If Tinubu Loses In Edo – Governor Okpebholo

Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholor has vowed that President Bola Tinubu will win the 2027 presidential election in Edo State.
Okpebholor in an interview captured in a viral video vowed to resign if the outcome of the 2027 election does not favour the president in Edo State.
According to him, the entire people in Edo State are ready to vote for the president, citing projects that his (Okpebholor) administration executed since the All Progressives Congress, APC took over the state.
READ ALSO:Okpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director
He claimed that there is no opposition in the state, stressing that everyone is supporting the ruling party ahead of the 2027 elections.
He said, “There is no opposition here in Edo everybody is for Asiwaju in this state.
“Tinubu is more popular than me in Edo state. If he doesn’t win the presidential election in Edo in 2027, I will resign.”
Politics
JUST IN: El-Rufai Formally Joins ADC

Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has formally joined the African Democratic Congress, ADC.
El-Rufai, a founding member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, left the party earlier this year for the Social Democratic Party, SDP.
READ ALSO:JUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa
In his resignation letter from the SDP, dated November 26, 2025, the former governor stated that his focus is on contributing to the strengthening of a unified democratic platform that can offer a credible political alternative to the people of Nigeria.
“I wish to notify that I have resigned my membership of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, effective 26 November, 2025,” he said.
Metro4 days agoJUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
News5 days agoBREAKING: South-West Governors Hold Security Meeting In Ibadan
News3 days agoHow To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
News5 days agoArmy Releases List Of Shortlisted Candidates For SSC Course
News5 days agoJimmy Cliff, Jamaican Reggae Legend, Cultural Icon, Is Dead
News3 days agoBREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
Headline3 days agoCoup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire
Metro5 days agoBandits Claim Kebbi, Niger Abductions, Vow More Attacks On Soldiers, Politicians [VIDEO]
News3 days agoTinubu Appoints Non-Career Ambassadors For US, UK, France
News2 days agoGuinea-Bissau Coup: FG Gives Update On Ex-President Jonathan














