Connect with us

News

Trump To Iran: Try America, We’ll Hit You Hard And Fast, USA Wants No More Threats

Published

on

Donald Trump has warned that the U.S. will ‘strike back’ harder at Iran if it retaliates against over the killing of military leader Qasem Soleimani.

‘These Media Posts will serve as notification to the United States Congress that should Iran strike any U.S. person or target, the United States will quickly & fully strike back, & perhaps in a disproportionate manner,’ Trump tweeted on Sunday afternoon.

Advertisement

‘Such legal notice is not required, but is given nevertheless!’ he continued.

The president remained largely silent on Twitter for most of the day as he golfed during his last winter vacation day in West Palm Beach.

He broke his silence after returning to Mar-a-Lago from his golf resort and took a hit at lawmakers and politicians who have criticized him for not notifying or consulting Congress before directing the attack.

Advertisement

YOU MAY LIKE:Town Union Tussle:Two Persons Shot In Delta

Trump ordered an airstrike on an Iraqi airport in Baghdad, which took out Soleimani – who was classified by the Obama administration as a terrorist.

The attack came just days after protesters who support Iran-backed Iraqi Shia militia raided on New Year’s Eve the U.S. embassy in Iraq, which has never been breached before.

Advertisement

Several U.S. politicians and pundits have questioned whether the attack was warranted and have said they haven’t seen enough intelligence to warrant the action. Trump said he ordered the killing because Soleimani had ordered attacks on Americans in the Middle East.

Iran has since placed an $80million bounty on Trump’s head and threatened to attack the White House in response to the president’s warning that any strike on American interests in the region will bring massive retaliation.

An organizer for a funeral procession for General Qassem Soleimani called on all Iranians to donate $1 each ‘in order to gather an $80million bounty on President Trump’s head’.

Advertisement

The organizer made the remarks during the procession in Mashad.

Iran has also announced it they will no longer abide by any of the limits of its 2015 nuclear deal.

You MAY ALSO LIKE: Just In: Boko Haram attacks Chibok Village, Kills 3, Loots Motorcycles

Advertisement

A statement issued by Iranian President Hassan Rouhani’s administration said the country will not observe limitations on its enrichment, the amount of stockpiled enriched uranium as well as research and development in its nuclear activities.

It did not elaborate on what levels it would immediately reach in its program.

The International Atomic Energy Agency, the United Nations watchdog observing Iran’s program, could not be immediately reached for comment.

Advertisement

Earlier on Sunday, the Iraqi parliament voted for US troops to be expelled from the country. The vote will ‘obligate the government to work towards ending the presence of all foreign troops on Iraqi soil,’ the country’s media office stated.

As tensions escalate after Soleimani’s death, Iranian MP Abolfazl Abutorabi threatened to launch an attack on American soil in retaliation.

‘We can attack the White House itself, we can respond to them on the American soil. We have the power, and God willing we will respond in an appropriate time,’ Abutorabi said, according to the Iranian Labour News Agency.

Advertisement

Abutorabi went on to say that ‘this is a declaration of war, which means if you hesitate you lose’.

‘When someone declares war do you want to respond to the bullets with flowers? They will shoot you in the head,’ he added.

Abutorabi’s threat was made during an open session of parliament in Tehran just days after Iranian military Soleimani was killed in a drone strike on Friday at Baghdad airport. Soleimani was the architect of Tehran’s overseas clandestine and military operations as head of the Revolutionary Guards’ Quds Force.

Advertisement

After Sunday’s funeral marches in Iraq, where thousands of people gathered, Soleimani’s body was flown to the city of Ahvaz in southwest Iran. Video from the scene showed a casket wrapped in an Iranian flag being unloaded from a plane as a military band played and the crowd angrily chanted ‘Death to America’.

On Saturday, Revolutionary Guards commander Major General Hossein Salami promised ‘strategic revenge’ which will definitely put an end to the US presence in the region’.

However, Trump, who Iranian leaders branded as a ‘terrorist in a suit’, threatened to hit 52 critical targets in Iran in retaliation if Tehran strikes any American interests in the region. He upped the stakes after Iran said it had identified 35 targets for potential strikes and raised its red ‘flags of revenge’ over a key mosque.

Advertisement

An organizer for a funeral procession for Soleimani reportedly called on all Iranians to donate $1 each ‘in order to gather an $80million bounty on President Trump’s head.’

But Trump replies saying: ‘Let this serve as a WARNING that if Iran strikes any Americans, or American assets, we have targeted 52 Iranian sites (representing the 52 American hostages taken by Iran many years ago), some at a very high level & important to Iran & the Iranian culture, and those targets, and Iran itself, WILL BE HIT VERY FAST AND VERY HARD. The USA wants no more threats!’ Trump tweeted on Saturday from Mar-a-Lago, after spending the day at his nearby golf course.

‘Iran is talking very boldly about targeting certain USA assets as revenge for our ridding the world of their terrorist leader who had just killed an American, & badly wounded many others, not to mention all of the people he had killed over his lifetime, including recently hundreds of Iranian protesters,’ Trump said.

Advertisement

‘He was already attacking our Embassy, and preparing for additional hits in other locations. Iran has been nothing but problems for many years,’ he continued.

Trump’s threat referenced the Iran hostage crisis of 1979-1981, in which 52 US diplomats and citizens were held hostage by student revolutionaries in Iran.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:Kenyan Preacher Stabs Wife And Kills Self At Pulpit

Advertisement

His threat to target sites important to ‘Iranian culture’ drew many accusations from critics that he was threatening to commit ‘war crimes’. A White House spokesman did not immediately respond to an enquiry about the list of US targets from DailyMail.com.

‘They attacked us, & we hit back,’ Trump said of the drone strike on Soleimani, which followed assaults on the US embassy in Baghdad by pro-Iranian militiamen.

‘If they attack again, which I would strongly advise them not to do, we will hit them harder than they have ever been hit before!’ he said.

Advertisement

(DAILY MAIL)

Advertisement

Advertisement
Comments

News

FG Extends Kaduna-Abuja Train Resumption

Published

on

By

The Ministry of Transportation, on Sunday, in Kaduna, extended the resumption date for the Kaduna-Abuja train Service

Recall that the train service was suspended in March 2022, after bandits attacked its passengers, killed 25, wounded several others and Kidnapped over 50 passengers.

Advertisement

However, early this month, the federal government had promised that the Kaduna-Abuja train service would resume before the end of November.

But the Minister of Transportation, Mu’azu Sambo, while on inspection tour to examine its readiness for operation before the commencement of operations, said certain things needed to be in place before resumption.

READ ALSO: Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack: Group Blasts FG For Failure To Protect Citizens

Advertisement

He said the FG has introduced a new system of purchasing tickets, which he said is the beginning of security checks that would assist the government to know who boards the train at every point in time.

Although he declined speaking on the actual resumption date, but assured the public that it wouldn’t be far from now.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

News

Dangote Plans Fresh 300,000 Jobs For Nigerians

Published

on

By

Africa’s foremost industrialist, Aliko Dangote, is optimistic that the new multibillion naira investment in the sugar sub-sector would help provide no fewer than 300,000 jobs in Nigeria.

A statement from the Corporate Communication Department of the company quoted the Group’s President Aliko Dangote as saying that the company was providing fresh funds and thus expanding its operations in the sugar sub-sector.

Advertisement

Mr Dangote, who was speaking at the Flagg off Ceremony of the 2022/2023 Crushing Season and Outgrower Scheme Awards in Numan, Adamawa State, said the opportunities would include both direct and indirect jobs.

READ ALSO: Controversy Trails Unveiling Of New Currency Redesign

Dangote, who is Africa’s top philanthropist, expressed optimism that the massive investment will create over 300,000 jobs for Nigerians.

Advertisement

He said, “We are making a massive investment in Adamawa State through expansion of DSR Numan’s sugar refining capacity from 3000tcd to 6000tcd, 9800tcd, and to 15,000tcd. DSR will be able to create about three hundred thousand jobs, direct and indirect, with positive multiplier effects on the economy nationwide.”

The Dangote Group is the biggest employer of labour in Nigeria outside the government.

Dangote was appointed Chairman, National Job Creation Committee in 2010 to assist the Federal Government in providing more employment opportunities for Nigerians.

Advertisement

The Dangote President had also announced that his company was doubling its spending on CSR schemes in host communities in Adamawa State, the location of its 32,000 hectares integrated sugar complex.

Speaking in Numan, Minister of Industry, Trade, and Investment, Otunba Adeniyi Adebayo, described the Dangote Sugar Refinery as the biggest contributor to the development of the sugar development effort of the Federal Government.

READ ALSO: Police React To Viral Video Of Alleged Terrorists In Lagos

Advertisement

The Minister also commended Mr Dangote for the massive support through his Corporate Social Responsibility scheme.

In the same vein, the Dangote Refinery and Petrochemicals is expected to create some 250,000 job opportunities when completed next year.

Already, Dangote Cement Plc is one of Africa’s biggest job providers in the manufacturing sector.

Advertisement

 

Advertisement

Continue Reading

News

Igbos Inaugurate Biafra House In US, Give Reasons

Published

on

By

Igbos residing in the United States, US, have inaugurated the Biafra House in Oxon Hill in Maryland, Washington DC.

It was gathered that the Biafra House was inaugurated to serve people who believe in Biafra and friends of the nation.

Advertisement

This was authoritatively disclosed to DAILY POST by a source.

The source, who pleaded anonymity, said: “The Biafra House is officially opened for business to the public, including Government Administrative Matters, Diplomatic Protocol, International Relations, and Security, amongst others.”

The Biafra House was formed to help Igbos in the US and Diaspora interact with the international community.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: Controversy Trails Unveiling Of New Currency Redesign

According to the source: “The Biafra House will be interacting and providing services to local, as well as governments and the International community through partnerships, pending when the United Nations and other world bodies may compel the government of Nigeria to effect a plebiscite for Biafran people.

“Biafra House is where Biafrans in the United States and the World can seek Diplomatic and Consular services, as it’s open for five business days a week and within the New York time zone.”

Advertisement

“Again, The Biafra House will be interacting and providing services to local, as well as governments and the International community through partnerships, pending when the United Nations and other world bodies may compel the Fulani government of Nigeria to effect a plebiscite for Biafran people.”

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Trending