Politics
Uncertainty As Shaibu Resumes Today; Obaseki May Relocate Office

Politicians, leaders, aides and other watchers of political activities in Edo State, wait with uncertainty as the Deputy Governor of Edo State, Mr. Philip Shaibu resumes today, after a one-month leave.
The decision of the deputy governor to institute a suit against his principal, Governor Godwin Obaseki, the state House of Assembly, and others to stop a purported impeachment plan had generated controversy in the state in the past three weeks.
The governor and several political groups and leaders have condemned the move with the governor likening it to his deputy planning a coup.
Political watchers have waited for today to come and Shaibu’s Chief Press Secretary, Musa Ebomhiana, yesterday, confirmed to newsmen that his boss would resume today.
Shaibu had earlier in the day attended the thanksgiving service to celebrate 60 years of the referendum that led to the creation of Midwest Region, which later became Bendel State and now Edo and Delta states.
However, a source close to the governor said Obaseki was still in shock over the action of his deputy despite efforts by some political leaders to resolve it. It was learnt following Shaibu’s action, the governor may create a new office outside the Government House, where he is expected to attend to official matters.
READ ALSO: ‘How Did You Attend Varsity Without Primary, Secondary Education?’ Atiku Tackles Tinubu
It is, however, not clear if the governor would also hold exco meetings in the new office, which is about 1,500 metres from the rarely used emergency gate of the Government House.
The governor would today host his Delta State counterpart, Sheriff Oborevwori, and other stakeholders from Delta and Edo states at a colloquium to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the Midwest Referendum.
A statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the govermor, Andrew Okungbowa, said the colloquium being organised by the state government was among other activities lined up to celebrate the diamond anniversary of the referendum, bringing together leaders from the two states among other stakeholders to chart a path forward.
Politics
Soludo Visits Tinubu, Goes Into Closed Door Session With President

Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo, on Thursday, paid a courtesy visit to the President, Bola Tinubu, GCFR at the State House.
Report by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Soludo, Mr Chris Aburime stated that President Tinubu received the Anambra State Governor with excitement, describing him as his long standing friend of over 22 years.
Aburime said, “The President used the occasion to further congratulate Governor Soludo on his landslide victory in the just concluded Anambra gubernatorial election.
READ ALSO:UPDATED: INEC Declares Soludo Winner Of Anambra Guber Poll
“Recall that President Tinubu had earlier issued a congratulatory message to Governor Soludo immediately the governorship election was concluded.”
Governor Soludo was declared winner with 73% of the votes cast by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Other details of the meeting were, however, not disclosed as the press Secretary told DAILY POST that both men went into a closed door meeting after the reception.
Politics
2027: I Will Resign If Tinubu Loses In Edo – Governor Okpebholo

Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholor has vowed that President Bola Tinubu will win the 2027 presidential election in Edo State.
Okpebholor in an interview captured in a viral video vowed to resign if the outcome of the 2027 election does not favour the president in Edo State.
According to him, the entire people in Edo State are ready to vote for the president, citing projects that his (Okpebholor) administration executed since the All Progressives Congress, APC took over the state.
READ ALSO:Okpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director
He claimed that there is no opposition in the state, stressing that everyone is supporting the ruling party ahead of the 2027 elections.
He said, “There is no opposition here in Edo everybody is for Asiwaju in this state.
“Tinubu is more popular than me in Edo state. If he doesn’t win the presidential election in Edo in 2027, I will resign.”
Politics
JUST IN: El-Rufai Formally Joins ADC

Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has formally joined the African Democratic Congress, ADC.
El-Rufai, a founding member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, left the party earlier this year for the Social Democratic Party, SDP.
READ ALSO:JUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa
In his resignation letter from the SDP, dated November 26, 2025, the former governor stated that his focus is on contributing to the strengthening of a unified democratic platform that can offer a credible political alternative to the people of Nigeria.
“I wish to notify that I have resigned my membership of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, effective 26 November, 2025,” he said.
Metro4 days agoJUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
News5 days agoBREAKING: South-West Governors Hold Security Meeting In Ibadan
News5 days agoArmy Releases List Of Shortlisted Candidates For SSC Course
News3 days agoHow To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
Politics5 days agoJUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa
News5 days agoJimmy Cliff, Jamaican Reggae Legend, Cultural Icon, Is Dead
News3 days agoBREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
Headline3 days agoCoup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire
News2 days agoTinubu Appoints Non-Career Ambassadors For US, UK, France
Metro4 days agoBandits Claim Kebbi, Niger Abductions, Vow More Attacks On Soldiers, Politicians [VIDEO]














