Connect with us

Entertainment

Why I Joined APC – Tonto Dikeh

Published

on

Popular Nollywood actress, Tonto Dikeh, has said she decided to put emotions aside to work for the good of Nigeria after joining the ruling All Progressive Congress, APC.

Tonto Dikeh, who was the running mate of the African Democratic Congress, ADC, governorship candidate in Rivers State during the 2023 electiona, was unveiled as an APC member at the party’s national secretariat in Abuja on Monday.

Taking to her Instagram page on Tuesday, Tonto Dike said: “Facts accompanied with evidence usually bring arguments to an end, which propel drastic decisions and changes for the common good.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: DSS Confirms Release Of Former EFCC Boss, Bawa

“Having been presented with these facts, goals, and vision of the current renewed hope agenda, I have decided to put emotions aside and continue to work for the greater good of the Nigerian youth, women and the country at large as I have always done through the Committee of Youth on Mobilization and Sensitization (CYMS) platform in partnership with the Federal Government.

“I have learnt over the years that impactful leadership comes from visionary leaders offering selfless service to humanity, i am all about the progress of my country, Nigeria, and the youths of this great nation at large.

Advertisement

“This is not a win for me alone but a win for our dreams, hope and struggles to ensure we make our unborn generation proud with good legacies.

READ ALSO: Police Recruitment: Kaduna, Adamawa, Borno Lead, As Anambra, Ebonyi, Abia Imo Trail

“I am headstrong on for you Nigerians, and in due time, you will surely feel the positive impacts of my decision as it will be evident through us all.

Advertisement

“As a patriotic Nigerian, a progressive youth and an advocate of girl-child, i want to reiterate that i believe in the prosperity of Nigeria under the RENEWED HOPE AGENDA OF President Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCFR.”

Entertainment

BBN Star Tega Dominic Breaks Silence On Alleged Affair With Frank Edoho

Published

on

Former Big Brother Naija star, Tega Dominic has addressed claims by Frank Edoho’s estranged wife, Sandra, who accused her and others of affairs with the TV host, even in their home.

In a statement posted via her X handle, Tega explained that her friendship with Edoho started in mid-2025 over social media and a shared birthday wish to her mother, with their only meeting having her manager in attendance.

Her post read, “I honestly did not want to speak on this because I have spent a long time trying to stay away from unnecessary drama, but at this point, my silence is no longer helping. I have absolutely no sexual or emotional relationship with Frank Edoho.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:Moment Adekunle Gold Light Up BBNaija S10 Finale With ‘Party No Dey Stop’

“Frank is a great guy and a very good friend of mine. We started talking around mid-last year after he sent birthday wishes to my mum. Like many people in the industry, we already knew each other through social media and mutual familiarity. He is also my kinsman. There was never anything inappropriate between us.

“The first and only time I hung out with Frank was with my manager, Paul Ukonu, present,”she said.

Advertisement

“I have absolutely nothing to hide. And honestly, if I ever had anything to do with Frank romantically, I would say it with my full chest. He was separated at the time, and I am also separated. If you know me, you know I have never been the type to hide or sneak around. I say things exactly as they are.

READ ALSO:BBNaija 10: Mercy Eke Reveals Housemate Who’s 10/10

“I have worked too hard to build myself and my brand step by step to allow false accusations stain my name like this. I owe it to my family, friends, supporters, and the reputable brands I work with to protect my reputation.

Advertisement

“I believe it is important for evidence to be provided because I will not let this slide. My name cannot be dragged carelessly into false narratives.

“This has honestly been very upsetting for me, but moving forward, my lawyers will handle the matter appropriately.”

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Entertainment

Grammy Announces Date For 2027 Awards Nominations

Published

on

The Recording Academy, the organizers of the Grammy Awards, has announced the dates for the 2027 edition of its awards ceremony and nominations.

The organizers revealed the date on Tuesday during an upfront presentation in New York.

Nominations will be announced November 16, 2026, with eligible albums having been released between August 31, 2025, and August 28, 2026.

Advertisement

The Grammy awards ceremony will be held on February 7, 2027.

READ ALSO:2026 Grammys: Full List Of Winners

The ceremony will be aired live from Crypto.com Arena in Los Angeles on ABC and will stream on Disney+ and Hulu.

Advertisement

The development is a break from the Grammy’s 54 consecutive years partnership with CBS.

Also announcing the news on its Instagram page, Grammy, wrote: “IT’S TIIIIIME! The road to the 2027 Grammys officially begins now. Mark your calendars for submissions, nominations, voting, and all the key moments leading up to Music’s Biggest Night. Grammy Season.”

 

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Entertainment

BREAKING: Nollywood Actor Alex Ekubo Is Dead

Published

on

Famous Nollywood actor, Alex Ekubo, is dead.

A Nollywood source, who does not wish to be named, informed DAILY POST that Alex was rushed to the hospital on Monday.

The source said the actor had been battling kidney cancer

Advertisement

The actor passed away on Tuesday afternoon after spending hours on life support.

READ ALSO:Again, Tragedy Hits Nollywood As Another Actress Dies

Alex was rumoured to be suffering from serious health issues in May 2025 after months of social media disappearance.

Advertisement

A check confirmed that Ekubo’s last social media post was on December 30, 2024.

 

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending