Politics
Why We Arrested Plateau LP Governorship Candidate – Police

The Plateau State Police Command on Saturday confirmed that its operatives arrested the governorship candidate of the Labour Party in the state, Yohanna Margif.
It was learnt that Margif was whisked away in the late hours of Thursday by security operatives amidst controversy that he had resigned as the governorship candidate of the Labour Party, an allegation which he later debunked.
Confirming his arrest in a statement on Saturday, the Spokesman for the Police Command, Alabo Alfred said, “Contrary to the report being circulated by some online news media alleging that the arrest of Amb. Yohanna Margif by operatives of the Plateau State Command is politically motivated, the Command wishes to inform members of the public that such report is malicious, misleading and unfounded.
“Amb. Margif was criminally reported against by his business associate, one E.C.Gajare who alleged that Amb. Margit issued him a dud bank cheque over a business deal they had in recent time, hence the Police invited the Amb. Margif to answer the allegation levied against him to wish confirmed to be true.
READ ALSO: 2023: Why I Pity Nigeria’s Next President – Sheikh Gumi
“The Plateau State Police Command wishes to set the record straight that the Nigeria Police is a non partisan organization that rigorously pursues criminal matters with vigor irrespective of who is involved.
“Members of the public are hereby urged to disregard such noxious report aimed at tarnishing the image of the Plateau State Police Command.
“The Commissioner of Police, CP Bartholomew N. Onyeka psc (+) want the general public to know that nothing can distract the Command from discharging it’s constitutional duties and responsibilities.
“The CP further advised all media houses to always verify information before making any publication,
While he admonished members of the public to go about their lawful businesses and promptly report any suspicious movements within their community.”
Politics
Soludo Visits Tinubu, Goes Into Closed Door Session With President

Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo, on Thursday, paid a courtesy visit to the President, Bola Tinubu, GCFR at the State House.
Report by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Soludo, Mr Chris Aburime stated that President Tinubu received the Anambra State Governor with excitement, describing him as his long standing friend of over 22 years.
Aburime said, “The President used the occasion to further congratulate Governor Soludo on his landslide victory in the just concluded Anambra gubernatorial election.
READ ALSO:UPDATED: INEC Declares Soludo Winner Of Anambra Guber Poll
“Recall that President Tinubu had earlier issued a congratulatory message to Governor Soludo immediately the governorship election was concluded.”
Governor Soludo was declared winner with 73% of the votes cast by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Other details of the meeting were, however, not disclosed as the press Secretary told DAILY POST that both men went into a closed door meeting after the reception.
Politics
2027: I Will Resign If Tinubu Loses In Edo – Governor Okpebholo

Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholor has vowed that President Bola Tinubu will win the 2027 presidential election in Edo State.
Okpebholor in an interview captured in a viral video vowed to resign if the outcome of the 2027 election does not favour the president in Edo State.
According to him, the entire people in Edo State are ready to vote for the president, citing projects that his (Okpebholor) administration executed since the All Progressives Congress, APC took over the state.
READ ALSO:Okpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director
He claimed that there is no opposition in the state, stressing that everyone is supporting the ruling party ahead of the 2027 elections.
He said, “There is no opposition here in Edo everybody is for Asiwaju in this state.
“Tinubu is more popular than me in Edo state. If he doesn’t win the presidential election in Edo in 2027, I will resign.”
Politics
JUST IN: El-Rufai Formally Joins ADC

Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has formally joined the African Democratic Congress, ADC.
El-Rufai, a founding member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, left the party earlier this year for the Social Democratic Party, SDP.
READ ALSO:JUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa
In his resignation letter from the SDP, dated November 26, 2025, the former governor stated that his focus is on contributing to the strengthening of a unified democratic platform that can offer a credible political alternative to the people of Nigeria.
“I wish to notify that I have resigned my membership of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, effective 26 November, 2025,” he said.
Metro4 days agoJUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
News5 days agoBREAKING: South-West Governors Hold Security Meeting In Ibadan
News5 days agoArmy Releases List Of Shortlisted Candidates For SSC Course
News5 days agoJimmy Cliff, Jamaican Reggae Legend, Cultural Icon, Is Dead
Politics5 days agoJUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa
News3 days agoHow To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
News3 days agoBREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
Headline3 days agoCoup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire
Metro4 days agoBandits Claim Kebbi, Niger Abductions, Vow More Attacks On Soldiers, Politicians [VIDEO]
Politics4 days agoState Police Can No Longer Be Delayed – South-West Governors












