Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) says rescue operations have so far recovered a burnt body beyond recognition at the scene of Sunday’s explosion, involving four vehicles along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that rescue operations were still ongoing at the scene of the accident involving three tankers and a truck.
Providing update at 9:00 a.m., Mr Olusegun Ogungbemide, FRSC Lagos State Sector Commander, said that two injured persons have been moved to the hospital.
“The inferno as a result of the explosion is almost getting to an end. The fire services are still here from Lagos and Ogun states.
“So far, we have been able to move two casualties to the General Hospital Gbagada. One was burnt beyond recognition.
“The accident involved three tankers and one truck. Two of the tankers carrying petrol, another carrying gas and an articulated truck,” he said.
On the possible cause of the accident, Ogungbemide, who noted that investigation was still ongoing, said that observations revealed that one of the tankers lost control and rammed into others which resulted in the explosion.
“It was a loss of control. One of the tankers that rammed into other vehicles either had brake failure or got distracted. Investigation is still on, we can’t just be accurate now,” he said.
Ogun Police Confirm Report On Lady Allegedly Used For Ritual
The Ogun State Police Command has confirmed the report of a young mentally unstable lady who stripped herself and barked like a dog in Abeokuta, the state capital.
The State Police Spokesman, Abimbola Oyeyemi, said this in a statement on Friday.
He said the command was aware of the report of the yet-to-be-identified lady who might have been diabolically used for money ritual by a suspected internet fraudster, known as ‘yahoo boy.’
Oyeyemi said, “the young lady in question was alleged to have been spiritually and diabolically used by a suspected yahoo boy, as a result of which she started barking like a dog.”
The PPRO added that the victim, who was taken to the police without any clothes on her, became “very difficult to control because she was acting violently, hence she was kept in the cell.”
Oyeyemi said the police had immediately contacted her parents, saying she was taken to the hospital with the help of the police.
He said that “the alleged Yahoo boy was immediately arrested for interrogation,” adding that the case which brought a large crowd to the station, was later transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department on the directive of the Commissioner of Police, CP Lanre Bankole.
However, Oyeyemi said the command was surprised and embarrassed to see the video of the victim circulating on social media.
He said, “the height of the embarrassment was the fact that the said video was recorded while the victim, who was then naked and uncontrollable, was in police cell.
“In view of this, the Commissioner of Police, CP Lanre Bankole has ordered a full scale investigation to unravel the source of the video and how it became a subject of social media discussion.
“It is barbaric, uncivilised and despicable circulating such video on social media as such will in no small measure denigrate the human dignity of the victim which might be another source of psychological trauma for her.
“The Command has therefore vowed to deal with whoever found to be the source of the video and those behind its circulation on social media in the most decisive manner notwithstanding the status of the person.”
How Pregnant Woman, 9-months Baby, Grandmother Mysteriously Die In Osun Hospital
A pregnant woman, Basirat Anifowose, 28; mother-in-law, Rasidat Mufutau 60; and a nine-month-old baby, Abdulramon Afolabi were mysteriously found dead in a hospital at Ofatedo, Osogbo, Osun State.
DAILY POST learnt that the four persons slept in the same hospital room and three of them did not wake.
The incident happened on Tuesday in Osogbo.
The mother of the 9-month-old baby, Fatima Afolabi, 30, who also slept in the same room with the deceased only woke up on Tuesday.
Anifowose, a six-month-old pregnant woman, was a mother of three.
It was gathered that the mother-in-law was sick and admitted into the hospital owned and operated by a pastor, Olaniyi Taiwo, 42, of a Cherubim and Seraphim church.
The 60-old-woman was diagnosed and was been treated with diabetes and cough last Thursday while her nursing daughter, Fatima and her pregnant daughter-in-law were taken care of in the hospital.
Taiwo who is a founder of Ona Iwa Mimo, Cherubim and Seraphim behind Olofa Grammar School, Ofatedo, Osogbo also operates the hospital in the same compound.
According to Fatima while speaking with DAILY POST, the pastor gave them a local black soap to bathe on Monday evening.
“He gave us a local black soap to bath my son, my mother who is sick, the brother’s wife but ordered me not to use the soap.
“I slept on a chair, I noticed my son is not breathing when I woke and quickly call the doctor to check him and he confirmed to me that he is dead, that was when we noticed others, my mother and my brother’s wife were dead too,” Fatima told this medium.
Also, speaking, Olalekan Anifowose, the husband of a deceased pregnant woman said he had paid N65,000 out of N90,000 requested by the doctor for his mother’s treatment.
Anifowose said he left his wife to sleep in the hospital with her mother while he was taking care of her children.
Confirming the incident for the Police, SP Yemisi Opalola said the suspects, Taiwo and his wife, Kemi, 28, have been arrested.
She said the suspects have made some confessions which have helped police in making some other arrests too.
“Investigation is ongoing, the suspects have made some confession which is aiding police investigation and making another arrest,” she said.
Hundreds Of Students Escape Death In Enugu School Fire
Hundreds of students of the Peaceland College of Education, Enugu escaped death by whiskers on Thursday, when fire gutted some parts of the school’s female hostel.
The institution is located opposite the Matured Students Programme of the Enugu State University of Science and Technology, near the popular Nkpokiti junction, at Independence Layout, Enugu.
Many students were said to have sustained injuries when students were scampering to different directions as confusion engulfed the premises.
However, there are conflicting accounts as to what triggered the fire.
While some said it was caused by power surge some said a student left an electrical appliance on and went to class.
Though no life was lost in the inferno, it was gathered from some staff of the college that the fire destroyed the roofs, ceilings, windows, beddings among others, at the top floor worth over N30 million.
The fire, it was gathered also destroyed some certificates and other credentials of the students.
Some lecturers who spoke to correspondent on condition of anonymity, said save for timely intervention of men of the Enugu State Fire Service the fire would have razed down the entire hostel and other classroom blocks.
One of the lecturers’ said that the fire started on the top floor of one of the major hostel blocks destroyed ND certificates and other credentials of the students.
A student who gave her name as Chinwe Odo said, “We were in our different classes when we suddenly heard the sound of explosion and when we went out to find out, we saw fire coming out from one of the rooms in the hostel.
“Some of us, especially HND students came to school with our OND Certificates because we were told that there would be verification by people from Abuja. Those certificates were razed by the fire”.
However, a senior staff of the college, who preferred anonymity, told journalists that the destruction in the school was huge.
“Though, no student was in the room where the fire started, but we suspect that somebody might have plugged a device and forgot to put it off.
“As a result, we lost a lot. The roofing, the ceilings, a lot of things up there. In fact we cannot put a figure to the destruction. But we really lost property worth over N30 million to that fire.
“But we thank the men of the Enugu State Fire Service. Without them, the entire buildings here would have gone into the flames”, the staff said.
At the time of filing this report, the school authority had yet to issue a statement on the incident.
Tinubu Ignored Me After Stepping Down For Osinbajo – Aspirant
Davido To Feature On Chris Brown’s ‘Breezy’ Deluxe Album
Akwa Ibom Chief Judge Threatens To Jail Rights Lawyer Over Bias Accusation
Communal Clash Claims Seven, Injures Scores In Delta
BREAKING: COVID-19 Heath Workers Block Hospital Management Board’s Entrance, Demand Payment Of Allowances In Edo
Edo Guber: ‘Oshiomhole’s Triumphant Entry Has Left You In Trauma, Demoralised,’ APC Mocks PDP
Politics1 week ago
Lawan, Akpabio Lose Out As INEC Publishes Candidates’ List
Politics1 week ago
CSO, BAT Campaign Organisation Bicker Over Academic Qualification
Politics1 week ago
Tinubu, Peter Obi Can Only Substitute Running Mate If… INEC
News7 days ago
Edo: Family Alleges Police Compromise In 17-year-old Daughter’s Death, Wants Case Transfered
News1 week ago
Aisha Yesufu Reacts As UK Arrests Ike Ekweremadu, Wife Over Alleged Organ Harvesting
News1 week ago
Our Leaders Told Us Jonathan Isn’t Muslim, He Brought Boko Haram, Northerner Confesses
Entertainment7 days ago
Paternity Dispute: King Sunny Ade Is My Biological Father, Woman Alleges
Headline1 week ago
BREAKING: Ike Ekweremadu, Wife Arrested For Alleged Organ Harvesting In London