Connect with us

Politics

2023: Lamido Reacts To PDP’s Alleged Plan To Zone pPesidential Ticket To South

Published

on

The former Governor of Jigawa State and chieftain in the main opposition People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Sule Lamido, said it is not possible for the party to zone its presidential ticket to the south in the coming 2023 election.

Lamido stated this in his interview with BBC Hausa service today.

He said it would not be possible because of the personal interest of some few individuals.

Advertisement

This followed the decision of the PDP Zonal Committee, chaired by Governor of Enugu State, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, to position the office of the PDP National Chairman to North.

The decision prompted many speculations that the decision is meant to zone the presidential ticket to the south.

Although the committee said the zoning of the office of President and Vice President is not part of its mandate.

Advertisement

While reacting to the development, Lamido said it may not be a problem if the decision is meant to revive the acceptability and popularity of the party in the northern part of the country

Lamido said but if the decision is meant to zone the 2023 presidential candidate to the southern part of the country that would not be acceptable.

What brings this issue is because the southern PDP and APC Governors agreed that president most comes from the Southern part of the country.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: Reject Proposal On Zoning To Save PDP, Leaders’ Forum Tells NEC

“There is no compulsion in politics everybody has equal rights and if you said you want your own, so everybody has his own as well.

“Therefore unity and progress of the country is the most important aspect not any part of the country.

Advertisement

“This happened 20 years back when PDP picked Obasanjo and prevented any candidate from North but it was done not by force is because it’s the solution to the country’s situation and for the future, progress and peaceful coexistence of the whole country,” Lamido stated.

(DAILY POST)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Comments

Politics

Soludo Visits Tinubu, Goes Into Closed Door Session With President

Published

on

Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo, on Thursday, paid a courtesy visit to the President, Bola Tinubu, GCFR at the State House.

Report by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Soludo, Mr Chris Aburime stated that President Tinubu received the Anambra State Governor with excitement, describing him as his long standing friend of over 22 years.

Aburime said, “The President used the occasion to further congratulate Governor Soludo on his landslide victory in the just concluded Anambra gubernatorial election.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:UPDATED: INEC Declares Soludo Winner Of Anambra Guber Poll

Recall that President Tinubu had earlier issued a congratulatory message to Governor Soludo immediately the governorship election was concluded.”

Governor Soludo was declared winner with 73% of the votes cast by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Other details of the meeting were, however, not disclosed as the press Secretary told DAILY POST that both men went into a closed door meeting after the reception.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Politics

2027: I Will Resign If Tinubu Loses In Edo – Governor Okpebholo

Published

on

Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholor has vowed that President Bola Tinubu will win the 2027 presidential election in Edo State.

Okpebholor in an interview captured in a viral video vowed to resign if the outcome of the 2027 election does not favour the president in Edo State.

According to him, the entire people in Edo State are ready to vote for the president, citing projects that his (Okpebholor) administration executed since the All Progressives Congress, APC took over the state.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:Okpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director

He claimed that there is no opposition in the state, stressing that everyone is supporting the ruling party ahead of the 2027 elections.

He said, “There is no opposition here in Edo everybody is for Asiwaju in this state.

Advertisement

“Tinubu is more popular than me in Edo state. If he doesn’t win the presidential election in Edo in 2027, I will resign.”

Continue Reading

Politics

JUST IN: El-Rufai Formally Joins ADC

Published

on

Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has formally joined the African Democratic Congress, ADC.

El-Rufai, a founding member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, left the party earlier this year for the Social Democratic Party, SDP.

READ ALSO:JUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa

Advertisement

In his resignation letter from the SDP, dated November 26, 2025, the former governor stated that his focus is on contributing to the strengthening of a unified democratic platform that can offer a credible political alternative to the people of Nigeria.

“I wish to notify that I have resigned my membership of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, effective 26 November, 2025,” he said.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending