Connect with us

Latest news

Adamasingba Stadium: Oyo Govt Explains Why Alaafin, Olubadan Were Prevented From Gaining Entry

Published

on

The Oyo State government on Thursday explained why the Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi III, and the Olubadan of Ibadanland, Oba Saliu Akanmu Adetunji, were prevented from gaining entry to the Lekan Salami Stadium, Adamasingba in Ibadan.

The government explained its reason via a statement signed by Taiwo Adisa, Chief Press Secretary to Governor Seyi Makinde.

Recalls that the two monarchs left the venue of the commissioning of the remodeled stadium in anger after they were stopped from gaining entry.

Advertisement

Director of Press to the Alaafin, Bode Durojaiye, confirmed that the monarch was prevented from gaining entry to the stadium.

READ ALSO: COVID-19: Govt Denies Delta Variant Killed Two In Oyo

Deputy director of media and publicity to the Olubadan, Yanju Adegboyega, confirmed the development to newsmen.

Adisa said that the two foremost royal fathers were too important to the state government to be prevented from attending the event, to which they had been duly invited.

Advertisement

He claimed that the inability of the monarchs to gain access into the main bowl was because of the huge enthusiastic crowd that swarmed the stadium.

He insisted that this obstructed the movement of the monarchs’ convoys to the designated VVIP Drop Off zone.

“What happened was that security operatives advised that the drivers of the revered monarchs make their way through another gate, since their convoys were unable to access the VVIP Drop Off Zone from the gate they entered through.

“From the VVIP Drop Off Zone, it would be easy for the monarchs to access the VVIP box without meandering through the stairs, as that would have unduly stressed them given their age,” he said.

Advertisement

He continues, “His Excellency, Governor Seyi Makinde wishes to categorically state that the Alaafin and the Olubadan were well-expected at the event and that their seats were reserved.”

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest news

Drogba Returns, Scores Hat-trick Against Arsene Wenger’s Team

Published

on

By

Chelsea legend, Didier Drogba, on Wednesday night, returned to action to score a hat-trick against Arsene Wenger’s UNICEF XI team in a charity match.

Wenger returned to management to lead a UNICEF XI out against Marseille legends.

Wenger’s side moved into a 2-1 lead at the Stade Velodrome in his first.

Advertisement

However, Drogba stole the show with his trio of goals for Marseille legends.

The Ivory Coast legend found the net twice and then even dusted off his infamous celebration for his third goal.

Marseille legends triumphed 7-4 against UNICEF XI.

READ ALSO: Mikel Obi Reveals Player Who Helped Him At Chelsea

Advertisement

Formula One hotshot Pierre Gasly was also on target in the enthralling game.

Meanwhile, Robert Pires, Jens Lehmann, Mathieu Flamini and Samir Nasri, all Arsenal legends under Wenger, made appearances last night.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Crime

EFCC Bursts Internet Fraudsters Hideout, Arrests 22

Published

on

By

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibadan Zonal Command, has arrested 22 “Yahoo Boys” for alleged involvement in internet fraud.

The suspects were identified as Akintunde Ibrahim Olajide, Yusuf Taiye Afeez, Jimoh Idris Okikiola, Adeyemo Wariz Adegoke, Ademola Olalekan Saheed, Anif Abayomi Busayo, Oriade Sunday Oluwatobi, Ajadi Opeyemi Damilola.

Others include, Peter Akanji Blessing,Olaoluwa Felix Oguniran, Agbei Shola Peter, Toheeb Adeagbo Tola, Ajayi Akinyinka Umar, Ibrahim Opeyemi Ishola, Samson Shonubi Oluwafemi, Oki Kayode Oluwadunsi, Durosamo Temitope Dickson, Akinremi Ridwan Abiodun, Ahmed Ogunyele and Olawore Ridwan Olalekan.

Advertisement

They were apprehended during an operation at their hideout in Ogbomoso, Oyo State based on intelligence on their alleged criminal activities.

At the point of their arrest, five cars, several mobile phones, laptops and other incriminating documents were recovered from them.

READ ALSO: EFCC Arrests 11 ‘Yahoo Boys’ In Edo

The Commission said twenty of the 22 suspects have been indicted by investigation.

Advertisement

It added that they would be charged to court as soon as the investigation was concluded.

Continue Reading

Latest news

Six Parties Ready To Merge, Contest Against APC, PDP – Moghalu

Published

on

By

A former presidential candidate in the 2019 general election, Kingsley Moghalu has claimed that at least six political parties have indicated their interest to merge and form a mega party ahead of the 2023 general elections.

Moghalu stated this when he hosted Nze Akachukwu Nwankpo, the candidate of the African Democratic Congress (ADC) for the November 6 governorship poll in Anambra State.

The ex-Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, who recently defected to the ADC, also called on Nigerians to register in order to be eligible to vote in 2023.

Advertisement

DAILY POST quoted him him: “We hope to be a key part of a much larger third force that is building up for the presidential elections which will include a merger of about six or seven or more parties.

“So, I believe that in the 2023 elections the citizens of Nigeria should not allow it to be a contest between two sides of the same coin because there is no difference. It should be a battle between the old and the new – between the old Nigerian and the possibilities for a new Nigeria. That is what 2023 should be,” Moghalu said.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending