Metro
Autopsy Of Lady Found Dead In Hotel Out

An autopsy carried out on the corpse of a lady found dead in an Abuja hotel, Esther Isaac, revealed that she died of “severe asphyxia.”
Healthgrade notes that asphyxiation occurs when the oxygen supply to the body is restricted which can be due to suffocation, strangulation, drowning, or choking.
The 21-year-old lady was on February 25, 2022, found dead in the room she lodged in at the Agete Hotel in the Gwarinpa area of the FCT.
Her brother, Emmanuel had insisted that Esther was murdered and accused the hotel management of covering up by saying that their CCTV was faulty the day Esther lodged in the facility.
But the management of the hotel distanced itself from any complicity in Esther’s death.
In a statement by Babajide Iletogun, the management said Esther came into the hotel with a male who gave his name as Chukwuemeka Michael but absconded.
He added that the police were immediately alerted.
The statement reads in part, “On Friday, February 25, 2022, two guests, a male and a female, came into our hotel between 10 am and 11 am. They asked for rooms and the rooms were shown to them by the porter.
‘After examining the rooms, they picked room 901. The male guest filled the registration form with the name Chukwuemeka Michael and paid N9, 000 being the charge for the room.”
He, however, said the CCTV in the hotel had been faulty since January 2022, adding that efforts by the technicians to restore it before the incident didn’t yield result.
READ ALSO: Families Of Remaining 51 Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack Victims Vow To Occupy Govt Facilities
However, a copy of the autopsy obtained by our correspondent on Friday stated that Esther was assaulted.
The autopsy was done at the National Hospital Hospital, Abuja by Dr. P.G Jibrin, a pathologist on June 29, 2022. The report with the certificate number 7986 read, “Cause of death: Severe asphyxia. Antecedent causes of death: Strangulation due to physical assault.’’
Meanwhile, The PUNCH gathered a candle light procession would be held in honour of the victim on Friday. Also, her remains would be laid to rest at Goldie cemetery at Ekong Nyong, Calabar on Saturday.
Metro
Protest In Enugu Community As gunmen Kidnap Five Villagers, Injure One

Some women in Ezimo community, Udenu Local Government Area of Enugu State, on Saturday, staged a protest over the alleged kidnap of five residents and the shooting of another during an attack on the community.
The protesters, who marched through major parts of the community, said the incident had heightened fear and insecurity in the area.
One victim of the attack is currently receiving treatment in the hospital.
READ ALSO:Enugu Gov Mbah Set to Dump PDP
A social media influencer, ‘Sen.’ Chijinkem Ugwuanyi, made this known via Facebook on Saturday.
Ugwuanyi revealed that resident who confirmed the incident said recent cases of abductions and shootings had left the community unsafe, prompting the women to demand urgent government intervention.
In a video shared on Ugwuanyi’s Facebook page, the protesters called on the Enugu State Government and security agencies to step in and restore peace, warning that residents could no longer live under constant fear of attacks.
Metro
Bodies Of Two Kidnapped Cameroonian Women Found In Anambra River

The Anambra State Police Command on Saturday, confirmed the recovery of two female bodies believed to be among three Cameroonian women allegedly kidnapped in the state.
The bodies were discovered in the Omambala River, Anambra West Local Government Area.
The Police Public Relations Officer, SP Ikenga Tochukwu, stated that the discovery followed intensive search operations conducted on Friday evening, 28th November 2025, by operatives from the Rapid Response Squad, Awkuzu, in collaboration with professional river divers and local volunteers.
“The recovered bodies have been positively identified by the family as Mrs Bognou Alice and her niece, Miss Sandra,” SP Tochukwu said, adding,“Both bodies have been deposited in a mortuary for further forensic examination and investigative procedures.”
READ ALSO:Anambra Poll: Situation Room Makes Post-election Statement, Seeks Strict Laws On Vote Buying
The police had earlier arrested two suspects, Nonso Augustine Akpeh, 37, and Kingsley Akpeh, 44, who are cooperating with investigators.
A third suspect, Uchenna Nicholas Mmadu, remains at large, with security operatives intensifying efforts to apprehend him.
Commissioner of Police, CP Ikioye Orutugu, Ikenga said had extended condolences to the bereaved families and assured the public of the Command’s commitment to justice and security.
READ ALSO:Police Rescue Stolen Boy, Arrest Six Over Child Trafficking In Anambra
The CP further directed all units to strengthen operational activities aimed at recovering the remaining kidnapped victim.
The tragic discovery has sent shockCwaves across the state, highlighting growing concerns over the security of foreign nationals and residents alike.
Authorities have urged the public to remain vigilant and report any information that could assist in the ongoing investigation.
Metro
My Wife Sold My Property After Giving Her Money For Business — Husband

…I sold his property to feed our children after he abandoned us — Wife
An Upper Area Court in Kubwa, Abuja, has dissolved a 16-year-old marriage between Hajarat Isa and her husband, Muhammed Hassan, for lack of love.
The judge, Mohammed Wakili, dissolved the marriage according to Islamic Law, following Hajarat’s prayer for divorce on the said ground.
Wakili ordered that the divorce certificate be issued to the plaintiff adding that she would not observe “Iddah” because the couple did not consummate since 2022.
Iddah is a waiting period to be observed for three months before contracting another marriage.
READ ALSO:‘My Husband’s Neglect Of Me Led Me Into An Affair With Another Man’
Earlier, the petitioner, a mother of four, had told the court she got married to the respondent under Islamic law in 2008.
According to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN),she said that she was no longer interested in the marriage and prayed that the court grants her request for divorce on grounds of lack of love.
The respondent, however, said that he divorced his wife and remarried her in 2022 which was in his absence because he travelled to his hometown while the marriage was contracted.
”I will grant her divorce, but I want her to return all my belongings in her possession.
READ ALSO:Woman Begs Court Not To Grant Husband’s Prayer For Divorce
“She sold my television, a play station I bought for the children and my clothes and shoes.
“We have not consummated the marriage since 2022 and I gave her a shop and capital to start a business before I travelled.
When I got back she sold my gym equipments,” he said.
The plaintiff said that in 2022, the respondent travelled to his home town for one year and seven months and only sends money once in a while.
READ ALSO:‘My Husband Deserted Me, His Family Insisted I Moved Out Of His House Because I Don’t Have A Child’
“I was the only one taking care of our four children and two more he had with his ex-wife.
“I sold the said items to take care of our children.
“I am a private teacher and was paid only N15,000 when he left.
“I later fell sick and that was when he returned.
READ ALSO:My Husband Has No Source Of Livelihood, Woman Tells Court
“My younger brother had to come to help me with the children while my older sister took care of me,” she said.
She added that she did not sell his gym equipments but had explained to him that they got stolen and the reason she sold other items was for upkeep.
The respondent, however, told the court that he believed the plaintiff may have sold the items for upkeep while he was away and forgave her for it.
Metro4 days agoJUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
News3 days agoHow To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
News3 days agoBREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
Headline3 days agoCoup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire
Metro5 days agoBandits Claim Kebbi, Niger Abductions, Vow More Attacks On Soldiers, Politicians [VIDEO]
News3 days agoTinubu Appoints Non-Career Ambassadors For US, UK, France
Politics4 days agoCrack In Edo APC As Group Accuses Party Chieftain Of Acting Opposition’s Script
News2 days agoGuinea-Bissau Coup: FG Gives Update On Ex-President Jonathan
Metro2 days agoBREAKING: Bandits Abduct Teenage Boy, Six Girls From FCT Community
News2 days agoOkpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director














