Metro
Bamise: Outrage As New Victim Says Arrested Lagos BRT Driver Raped Her Inside Bus

Many Nigerians have expressed anger after a grisly revelation that Nice (Andrew) Omininikoron, the driver of the Bus Rapid Transit vehicle arrested in connection with the brutal murder of a passenger, Oluwabamise Ayanwola, had in the past allegedly raped another lady.
Nigerians registered their displeasure on various social media platforms and called for an urgent prosecution of the driver, in the interest of justice.
They also urged other female passengers to speak up on their encounters with the BRT drivers in Lagos State.
There have been calls for justice for Bamise, whose corpse was recovered at Ebute Ero, after she was last seen on the BRT bus driven by Omininikoron.
Narrating her ordeal to The PUNCH on Thursday, the lady accused the 47-year-old of raping her in the BRT bus.
The female victim accused Omininikoron of raping her on November 25, 2021, sharing a similar narrative with Bamise’s saga.
The former salesgirl at a shop in Ajah said after she closed from work around 8 pm, she boarded the BRT bus driven by the suspect.
READ ALSO: Bamise: How I Escaped Similar Experience With Uber Driver – Reality TV Star
The driver was to convey her from the Alesh Bus Stop in Ajah, to Jakande, along the Lekki-Epe Expressway, when things took another dimension.
The victim said she could not call for help because Omininikoron parked the bus at a desolate location, adding that he refused to let her go after allegedly raping her.
She also claimed that Nice threatened to stab her.
A statement of account provided by the victim confirmed Omininikoron sent N3,000 to her on November 25, 2021.
A video clip of her torn clothes was also seen by our correspondent.
THE REACTIONS:
Anabel Phill: Thank you for sharing your bitter experience with the BRT driver Omininikoron. You have given voice to his last victim who unfortunately did not survive his attack and many other victims out there who can’t speak out. I pray justice is served.
Abiodun Komolafe: This man should be made a scapegoat to serve as deterrence to others. I’m very sure he is not the only one. People are just too wicked. Imagine the BRT is not safe again.
Adeleke Adentan: The driver’s cup is just full. This was not the first time he and his gang had been doing this and finally, they presumably are working for some big people. Just check out his confidence, someone that is supposed to have been beaten to stupor. I am very angry in my soul whenever I hear this driver talking. He knows the other men, no doubt.
Desire Onyido: It is obvious he has been doing this for a long time. People will just go missing and family will cry and suffer in silence. If Bamise hadn’t left any clue, she would have been declared missing and just like that…!
Maarufat Busari: Another lady also had a closer experience with him at the Oshodi BRT bus stop, she only didn’t become a victim because she was waiting for her husband to pick her up, and didn’t board his bus, as he was luring her to, because it was late at night.
Itunu Adedokun: Your sins have found you out, every day for the thief, one day for the owner. You can’t escape judgement, I hope your punishment serves as a deterrence to others.
Ajibola Williams: I really can’t blame you for not coming out on time, the shame and the injustice in our society are beyond measure. May God grant you comfort, I wish you had that courage all this while to expose this evil man, maybe the victim wouldn’t have died of the same tragedy.
Nina Elumelu: His time is up in the spirit and in the physical; even if he is bailed or freed, he remains a haunted man till his last days. As for the benefactors and paymasters of this driver’s bountiful crimes, it is a loss all the way for you people.
Your evil ambitions shall be cut super-short. Are there no women and very old elders in Bamise’s community? You people don’t know what to do to stir heaven and earth for justice and vengeance? How long before we can all say is enough?
Johnson Tunde: So he has been doing this for a longer time, it was Bamise’s spirit that caught up with him. He should be taken to a psychiatrist to check on him to know the punishment he deserves.
READ ALSO:
Vincent Solomon: He is not alone in this, investigations should be made to find out those friends close to him. They are all in the same business. May God deliver the righteous from Bamise Ayanwole’s Death: Why BRT Bus Has No Inbuilt Camera – Sanwo-Olu men and expose all their evil devices.
Elizabeth Jonah: Every day for the thief but one day for the owner. You continued to enjoy sins covered up with a terrible lie; ruined lives, but the prayers of the faithful will not go unheard, so sad.
MrBenCool @MrBenCool: This is the same driver the Lagos State Government has been doing everything possible to protect.
Reacting to the fresh allegations, the Lagos State Police Command tweeted, “Anyone who has a complaint against the suspect is advised to report at the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), Panti, for necessary Action,, please”.
PUNCH
Metro
Kwara Traditional Ruler Kidnapped On His Farm

Gunmen have reportedly abducted a traditional ruler in Bayagan community in the Ifelodun Local Government Area of Kwara State, Ojibara of Bayagan Oba Kamilu Salami, on Saturday.
It was gathered that the traditional ruler was kidnapped Saturday morning on his farm, while details of the incident were still sketchy.
READ ALSO:JUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
Eyewitness disclosed that the attack happened suddenly and left the community in apprehension and confusion. Meanwhile, the incident had triggered fresh concerns over cases of insecurity across the country.
The Kwara State Police command was yet to confirm the incident as at when filing this report.
Metro
Sokoto Police Arrest Suspected Cultists, Uncover WhatsApp Recruitment Channel

The Sokoto State Police Command has arrested three suspected members of the notorious “Sai Malam” cult group, believed to be behind rising criminal activities in parts of the state.
The suspects, including the alleged gang leader Usman Shu’aibu, were apprehended on Friday during an intelligence-led operation executed by the command’s Anti-Kidnapping Unit.
According to the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Ahmad Rufa’i, the suspects confessed to being initiated into the group through a private WhatsApp platform called Red Chamber.
The police noted that further investigation discovered the social media channel was created to recruit unsuspecting youths into criminal activities.
READ ALSO:Police Crack Down On Criminal Network In Delta Community, Recover AK-47
These, according to the statement, include ritual practices, the pursuit of supposed demonic powers, acts of homosexuality, and violent thuggery.
The police warned parents to closely monitor their children’s online activities closely, noting that criminal groups are increasingly exploiting digital platforms to lure vulnerable youths.
Commissioner of Police, Ahmed Musa, said the arrests respond directly to public concerns about the group’s operations, adding that efforts are ongoing to track other fleeing members.
He assured residents of the command’s commitment to sustaining intelligence-driven policing and safeguarding lives and property across the state.
READ ALSO:Hoodlums Stab Police Officer To Death In Ondo
In other news, two persons suspected to be hoodlums have been arrested by the operatives of the Ondo State Police Command for allegedly stabbing a police officer to death in Akure, the state capital.
The suspects, identified as Shina Jacob, 25, and Felix Olalekan, 32, allegedly attacked the police inspector during an altercation at Oke-Arata within Arakale axis.
The killing of the police officer came a few days after a personnel of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) was stabbed to death by a mentally unstable man in Oba-Ile area of Akure.
According to sources, after the inspector, who was recently transferred from the Anti-Cultism Unit to B-Division, was stabbed, the area was thrown into a state of panic as residents and traders hurriedly fled.
READ ALSO:Police Arrest 26 Over Fake Currency, Adulterated Diesel In Lagos
While confirming the incident, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Olayinka Ayanlade, disclosed that the officer was rushed to the hospital after he was stabbed but gave up the ghost while receiving treatment.
“An altercation ensued between the officer and some recalcitrant individuals, during which the officer was tragically stabbed. This unfortunate event triggered an immediate and coordinated police response.
“Acting swiftly, the Commissioner of Police deployed a team of operatives to the scene, resulting in the arrest of two suspects directly connected to the incident. They include Shina Jacob ‘m’ aged 25 years and Felix Olalekan ‘m’ aged 32 years.
“The injured officer was also rescued and rushed to the hospital; however, despite all efforts, the police inspector sadly passed away while receiving treatment. The follow-up operation conducted last night formed part of the Command’s sustained and strategic efforts to rid the state of violent criminal elements and prevent further breaches of public safety,” Ayanlade stated.”
Metro
Army, Air Force Crush ISWAP Fighters After Failed Chibok Attack

Troops of the 28 Task Force Brigade, Sector 4 Operation Hadin Kai, on Saturday stopped a major attack by ISWAP/Boko Haram fighters in Chibok, Borno State, before the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) moved in with airstrikes that killed many of the fleeing terrorists.
The report was contained in a post shared on X by security analyst Zagazola Makama.
According to the update, more than 300 terrorists launched a coordinated assault on Chibok around 3:00 a.m., attempting to break through military defensive positions.
Soldiers responded immediately, engaging the attackers in a fierce gunfight that lasted about two hours.
READ ALSO:Army Releases List Of Shortlisted Candidates For SSC Course
A security source quoted in the post said the troops acted swiftly and professionally.
“There was no casualty on our side, and no equipment was affected,” the source said.
As the terrorists began to retreat toward the Timbuktu Triangle, ground troops called for air support.
NAF combat aircraft were deployed to the route used by the fleeing fighters.
READ ALSO:NAF Redeploys 25 Senior Officers
The airstrikes, guided by intelligence from the troops on the ground, hit several clusters of terrorists trying to escape.
Multiple waves of strikes were carried out, with both manned aircraft and an unmanned aerial platform targeting groups of fighters dispersing into the forest.
According to Makama, the combined efforts of the Army and the Air Force dealt heavy blows to the attackers, preventing them from regrouping after the failed offensive.
Metro5 days agoJUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
News4 days agoHow To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
News4 days agoBREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
Headline4 days agoCoup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire
News3 days agoGuinea-Bissau Coup: FG Gives Update On Ex-President Jonathan
Metro3 days agoBREAKING: Bandits Abduct Teenage Boy, Six Girls From FCT Community
Metro3 days agoJUST IN: One Dead As Ngige Escapes Assassination
News3 days agoOkpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director
News4 days agoTinubu Appoints Non-Career Ambassadors For US, UK, France
Politics5 days agoCrack In Edo APC As Group Accuses Party Chieftain Of Acting Opposition’s Script









