Connect with us

Sports

BREAKING: Ballon d’Or 2022: 20-man Nominees Confirmed [Full List]

Published

on

A 20-man shortlist for this year’s Ballon d’Or award has been announced today, Friday, 12 August 2022.

This was confirmed by France Football, who are organizers of the award, via their website today.

Advertisement

Recall that Lionel Messi, who currently plays for Paris Saint-Germain, won the Ballon d’Or last year after beating the likes of Robert Lewandowski, Jorginho and Karim Benzema.

Below are the nominees for this year’s Ballon d’Or:

READ ALSO: Ballon d’Or 2022: What I’ll Do If I Don’t Win Award – Salah

Advertisement

Thibaut Courtois (BEL, Real Madrid), Rafael Leao (POR, AC Milan), Mohamed Salah (EGY, Liverpool), Joshua Kimmich (GER, Bayern Munich), Christopher Nkunku (FRA, RB Leipzig), Trent Alexander-Arnold (ANG, Liverpool), Robert Lewandowski (POL, Bayern Munich then FC Barcelona), Bernardo Silva (POR, Manchester City),Vinicius Junior (BRE, Real Madrid), Luis Diaz (COL, FC Porto then Liverpool), Karim Benzema (FRA, Real Madrid), Fabinho (BRE, Liverpool), Riyad Mahrez (ALG, Manchester City), Heung-min Son (CDS, Tottenham), Casemiro (BRE, Real Madrid), Phil Foden (ENG, Manchester City), Harry Kane (ENG, Tottenham), Sadio Mané (SEN, Liverpool then Bayern Munich), Darwin Nunez (URU, Benfica then Liverpool), Mike Maignan (FRA, AC Milan), Kevin De Bruyne (BEL, Manchester City), Sébastien Haller (CIV, Ajax then Borussia Dortmund), Luka Modric (CRO, Real Madrid), Cristiano Ronaldo (POR, Manchester United), Antonio Rüdiger (GER, Chelsea then Real Madrid), Joao Cancelo (POR, Manchester City), Erling Haaland (NOR, Borussia Dortmund then Manchester City), Kylian Mbappé (FRA, PSG), Virgil Van Dijk (HOL, Liverpool) and Dusan Vlahovic (SER, Fiorentina then Juventus).

 

Advertisement
Advertisement
Comments

Sports

Why I Hired A Witch Doctor – Paul Pogba

Published

on

By

Juventus midfielder, Paul Pogba has confessed to hiring a witch doctor.

The French International, however, said it was not to harm anyone but to help him with his injuries.

Advertisement

He explained to investigators working for France’s Central Office for the Fight against Organised Crime (OCLCO) that he was “looking to be protected against injury” and “also to help poor kids in Africa” he was in connection with through an aid organisation.

READ ALSO: Transfer: Another Player Leaves Man United After Pogba

Two judicial sources in Paris confirmed the revelations and the transcript from interviews completed last month.

Advertisement

Pogba’s confession comes after his brother, Mathias, claimed ‘The Marabout’ who calls himself ‘Ibrahim the Great’ was paid to cast evil spells on Mbappé.

Five suspects including Mathias, have been charged with trying to blackmail Pogba out of more than £ 11 million.

 

Advertisement

 

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

Champions League: ‘They’ve No Excuse,’ Patrice Evra Names Club To Win Trophy

Published

on

By

Manchester United legend, Patrice Evra, has backed Manchester City to win the Champions League this season.

Evra believes Man City have no excuse not to win the Champions League this season after adding striker Erling Haaland to Pep Guardiola’s squad this summer.

Advertisement

Haaland has scored 14 goals in 10 matches this season, three of them in the Champions League.

The Norway international joined the Premier League champions from Borussia Dortmund earlier this summer.

“He (Haaland) is a monster,” Evra told Betfair.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: Transfer: Ronaldo To Leave Man Utd, Finish Career In Champions League Club

He is using his physique, he’s a killer in front of goal, he does the right movements, he’s sharp for someone tall and strong. He’s like a cat.

“He got them back on track and that’s why he’s a number nine, and this is a real number nine. City were winning the league without a striker, but in the Champions League they struggled, now I feel like they have no excuse.

Advertisement

“When they lost that final against Chelsea, Guardiola decided to play without any striker, now this won’t happen again.”

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

Fury Casts Doubts Over Joshua Bout

Published

on

By

Tyson Fury has spoken aggressively against former heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua and current champion Oleksandr Usyk in a fresh social media video on Friday insulting both boxers.

The WBC heavyweight world champion has fired back at the Ukrainian who this week accused him of being afraid of an undisputed title fight between them.

Advertisement

Usyk said concerning Fury, “Despite his toughness and how he is generally described, he is afraid. Yes, of me.”

The Gypsy King has also now claimed that he does not believe Joshua will sign the contract to fight him next on December 3 casting doubts over the possibility of the ‘Battle of Britain’.

READ ALSO: Tyson Fury To Fight Francis Ngannou After Beating Dillian Whyte

Advertisement

Joshua agreed to all of Fury’s terms for the bout, and the sides are now going back-and-forth at contract stages with time running out to finalise a deal.

Fury ranted: “Usyk – you little s***house, you little s***bag.

“Talking s***e, I’m afraid of you? I’ll put my fist right through the side of you, you little sausage.

Advertisement

“And the other s***house, that big bodybuilder Joshua, that’s a proper s***house that it.

“Had the contract for I don’t know how long and ain’t signing it.

“You little sausage, you do not wanna fight, your manager’s a sausage.

Advertisement

“I’ve never seen anything like yous, both a pack of s***houses.

READ ALSO: Joshua Wants £40m To Step Aside For Fury, Usyk

“However, I will be fighting December 3 if this sausage does not sign the contract, which I don’t think he is because I don’t think he’s got the b****cks to, because he’s a s***bag.

Advertisement

“Both of yous, a pair of little sausage s***houses.

“Joshua is a s***house, Usyk a s***house. Yous are all s***houses.”

 

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Trending