News
Chief Of Air Staff Commissions 18 By 1 Accommodation Complex For NAF In Imo
Published
5 years agoon
By
Editor
Chief of Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar on Tuesday, June 2, commissioned a Non Commissioned Officers (NCO) accommodation complex for the 211 quick response group of the Nigerian Air Force (NAF).
The CAS represented by Air Officer Commanding Special Operations Command, Air Vice Marshal Charles Ohwo, commissioned the 18 by 1 complex in Ngor-okpala Local Government Area of Imo State.
Commissioning the complex, Abubakar said that the complex was an imperical demonstration of the NAF’s resolve to achieve the principal objectives and tasks of the 211 quick response group.
READ ALSO: APGA Moves To Recall Speaker, Other Imo Assembly Defectors
He also said that decent living conditions was imperative to aid officers in the discharge of their constitutional duties.
Abubakar added that the complex which is sited close to the Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport will serve to further ensure the security of passengers and staff of the airport.
He thanked President Muhammadu Buhari for his unalloyed support to the NAF as he pledged continued commitment to the protection of lives and property of Nigerians.
He also thanked Imo State governor for creating the enabling environment for the operational activities of the NAF in the state, while assuring the him of continued synergy for the overall interest of Imo citizens.
READ ALSO: Imo Assembly PDP Lawmakers Petition Speaker Over Headship Of Committee
” I have no doubt that the 211 quick response group has contributed alot in the fight against various forms of criminality bedevilling the state.
” I must thank Pres. Muhammadu Buhari for his unalloyed support in equipping the NAF and I pledge our continued commitment to the discharge of our constitutional responsibilities.
” I also thank Gov. Hope Uzodinma and the good people of Imo for the good working environment . I urge the residents to remain law abiding and assure you of improved security of lives and property “, he said.
READ ALSO: JUST IN: Many Feared Dead As Storey Building Collapses In Imo
Earlier in a welcome address, the commander, 211 quick response group, Owerri, Grp Capt. Elisha Bindul, said that the provision of the complex was part of efforts to enhance the collective operational capacity of the NAF in Imo.
He thanked the CAS for his support which he described as “quintessential” in containing incidences of insecurity.
He however assured the government and people of the state of NAF’s commitment to the welfare of its personnel saddled with the responsibility of combating criminality in Imo and the southeast at large.
” It is imperative to note that decent accommodation is necessary for improved output and we thank you sir for your quintessential support. It is indicative of the bold efforts of the NAF to expand and cater for the welfare of its personnel.
” The accommodation will motivate the personnel to put in their best for the enhancement of our operational capacity and for the attainment of the Nigerian Airforce objective.
” I assure you of our commitment to provision of support to the civil authorities in the fight against criminality in Imo and the southeast at large “ , he said.
READ ALSO: Group Takes Investment Campaign To Imo, Woos Potential Investors
The event was witnessed by the Commander, 34 Artillery Brigade of the Nigerian Army, Obinze, Owerri, Brig. Gen. Yusuf Tukura and management staff of the Sam Mbakwe Airport.
You may like
News
Shock As Adeleke Employs Roadside puff-puff Hawker As Govt House Chef
Published
13 hours agoon
August 30, 2025By
Editor
Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, on Thursday shocked a female puff-puff seller during a rally in Osogbo by buying all her snacks with ₦50,000 and offering her employment as a chef at the Government House.
This happened when Osun public servants trooped out in their thousands in what they called an appreciation solidarity rally in support of the governor for his support and care since he took over state governance.
It was observed that the governor, who sat in the bus, had sighted the woman who was among the crowd cheering him.
He immediately beckoned to the woman carrying a plastic container filled with puff-puff on her head and asked how much it would cost to buy all the snacks.
READ ALSO:Adeleke Flies To US For Davido’s Wedding
The female hawker, who was visibly surprised and star-struck at the level of her proximity to the governor, found it difficult to even tell the governor how much she sold the snacks.
Surprisingly, Adeleke handed her a bundle of ₦50,000 to the cheers of the crowd.
The lucky woman knelt down in appreciation of the governor’s generosity.
Excited onlookers quickly rushed to share the snacks in the plastic already purchased by the governor.
READ ALSO:Tinubu Hosts Gov Adeleke, Deji Adeleke, Davido In Lagos
The governor invited the vendor inside the vehicle where one of his officials questioned her academic background, and she revealed that she holds a Nigerian Certificate in Education.
Adeleke further asked about the dishes she could prepare and instructed his aides to take her contact details for employment as a chef in the Government House.
Confirming the development, the Commissioner II at the Osun State Civil Service Commission, Olaniyan Taofeek, shared the video on X (formerly Twitter), writing: “The moment Gov. Adeleke turned the life of a puff-puff seller into a Government House chef.”
READ ALSO:It’s Like He Came Back – Davido Discloses Son’s Resemblance To Late Ifeanyi Adeleke
A Special Assistant to the Governor on Digital Media, Oni Gbenga Lawrence, also corroborated the incident in a post on X, stating: “Moment Governor Ademola Adeleke turned the life of a puff-puff seller to Government Chef… not only ₦50k but he invited her into his car and employed her as chef in the Government House.”
The Guardian correspondent, who was at the scene of the welcome rally, made efforts to interview the lucky vendor, but they did not yield as she was not allowed to alight from the bus throughout the event.
(The Guardian)
News
Katsina Govt Revokes Licenses Of All Private, Community Schools
Published
14 hours agoon
August 30, 2025By
Editor
The Katsina State Government has withdrawn the operating licenses of all private and community schools in the state, with effect from August 13, 2025.
The announcement came through a circular issued by the Ministry of Basic and Secondary Education and signed by Commissioner Hajiya Zainab Musa-Musawa.
The ministry’s Public Relations Officer, Malam Sani Danjuma, released the document in Katsina on Saturday.
READ ALSO:JUST IN: Kastina Commissioner Assassinated
According to the circular, the move is part of the government’s effort to strengthen quality assurance and standardization within the education sector.
“The withdrawal of licenses is aimed at ensuring that schools operate in line with approved standards and provide quality education to students,” Danjuma said.
The circular also outlined a review of fees for license application, registration, and annual renewal.
READ ALSO:Katsina, UNDP To Return 270,000 IDPs To Ancestral Homes
“Owners of affected schools are required to obtain fresh licenses by submitting proof of payment to the ministry on or before September 30, 2025.”
The statement also added that school operators have been warned not to increase tuition or other charges without government approval.
The ministry further promised to issue additional guidelines soon, including categorization of schools and the revised fee structure.
News
JUST IN: Oldest Missionary To Nigeria, Ruth Elton, Is Dead
Published
15 hours agoon
August 30, 2025By
Editor
British-born Nigerian missionary, Ruth Elton, reputed to be the oldest missionary has passed on at the age of 91.
Ruth Elton, born 7 September 1933, was a British-born Nigerian missionary whose lifelong dedication to faith, healing, and revival left an indelible mark on communities across western and central Nigeria.
It was learnt that Elton died on Saturday at Sharon compound, Alafia Bamin Quarters in Ilesa, Osun State.
She was the only daughter of Pa Elton and her remains have been deposited at the mortuary.
READ ALSO: BREAKING: Former Customs Comptroller-General, Ahmed Aliyu Mustapha, Is Dead
Ruth Elton, daughter of Sydney Granville Elton (Pa Elton), who is referred to as one of the founding fathers of Pentecostalism in Nigeria, had approached a Kaduna court and nationalised as a Nigerian.
At old age and despite the happenings in Nigeria, she still held in high esteem her father’s prophecies that although Nigeria could be known globally for corruption, it would only for a while as new dawn would beckon when the country would be known worldwide for righteousness and prosperity.
Elton moved to Nigeria in 1937 with her parents and served as a Christian missionary across Egbe, Okene, Koton Karfe, and other parts of Kogi, Ondo, Oyo, and Osun States.
READ ALSO: Viral TV Judge Frank Caprio Is Dead
A naturalised Nigerian, having renounced her British citizenship in the 1970s, she embraced the country completely and became fluent in Ebira and Yoruba.
Elton, who remained single, believed that she had made a true mark in the country and apart from her missionary work, she saw her efforts in taming infant mortality, especially in Okene, Kogi State as a generational impact.
Relating her experience on infant mortality in the country, Elton recently noted that many newborn babies had passed on due to lack of proper care and hygiene, adding that the practice of force-feeding babies contributed to the challenges, especially in the face of poor awareness.
- Anambra Lady, Lover Arrested For Staging Own Kidnap
- 35-year-old Man Electrocuted In Ebonyi
- Police Foil Robbery On Sagamu-Benin Expressway, Recover Stolen Tricycle In Ogun
- Nigerian Man Pleads Guilty In US To $405,000 Romance Scam Against American Women
- UK Bars Over 100 Job Roles From Foreign Recruitment To Curb Migration
- Chelsea Vs Barcelona, Arsenal Vs Bayern — UEFA Releases Fixture Date, Time
- Shock As Adeleke Employs Roadside puff-puff Hawker As Govt House Chef
- PM Killed In Israeli Strike, Say Yemen’s Huthis
- Wike Gives Update On Rivers Emergency Rule Expires Date
- Police Arrest Kidnap Kingpin, Others In Benue
Trending
- News3 days ago
JUST IN: Immigration Hikes Passport Fees To N100,000, N200,000
- Politics3 days ago
Edo PDP Knocks Okpebholo Over ₦2.5b Donation To UBTH
- News3 days ago
Firm Wants Attorney-General Investigate Court Ruling On Breach Of Contract
- News4 days ago
US Court Sentences Osun Monarch To Prison Over $4.2m Fraud
- News3 days ago
Ondo Bans Graduation Ceremonies In Primary, Junior Secondary Schools
- News3 days ago
Access Holdings Names New GMD/CEO
- News3 days ago
BREAKING: Former Customs Comptroller-General, Ahmed Aliyu Mustapha, Is Dead
- News3 days ago
JUST IN: NLC Defies Edo Assembly Resolution, Inaugurates Factional Caretaker Committee
- News5 days ago
Edo Hospital Denies Complicity In Death Of Twin Babies
- Metro3 days ago
Man Stabs Colleague To Death In Lagos Over Money Dispute