Connect with us

News

Chief Of Air Staff Commissions 18 By 1 Accommodation Complex For NAF In Imo

Published

on

Chief of Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar on Tuesday, June 2, commissioned a Non Commissioned Officers (NCO) accommodation complex for the 211 quick response group of the Nigerian Air Force (NAF).

The CAS represented by Air Officer Commanding Special Operations Command, Air Vice Marshal Charles Ohwo, commissioned the 18 by 1 complex in Ngor-okpala Local Government Area of Imo State.

Advertisement

Commissioning the complex, Abubakar said that the complex was an imperical demonstration of the NAF’s resolve to achieve the principal objectives and tasks of the 211 quick response group.

READ ALSO: APGA Moves To Recall Speaker, Other Imo Assembly Defectors

He also said that decent living conditions was imperative to aid officers in the discharge of their constitutional duties.

Advertisement

Abubakar added that the complex which is sited close to the Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport will serve to further ensure the security of passengers and staff of the airport.

He thanked President Muhammadu Buhari for his unalloyed support to the NAF as he pledged continued commitment to the protection of lives and property of Nigerians.

He also thanked Imo State governor for creating the enabling environment for the operational activities of the NAF in the state, while assuring the him of continued synergy for the overall interest of Imo citizens.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: Imo Assembly PDP Lawmakers Petition Speaker Over Headship Of Committee

” I have no doubt that the 211 quick response group has contributed alot in the fight against various forms of criminality bedevilling the state.

” I must thank Pres. Muhammadu Buhari for his unalloyed support in equipping the NAF and I pledge our continued commitment to the discharge of our constitutional responsibilities.

Advertisement

” I also thank Gov. Hope Uzodinma and the good people of Imo for the good working environment . I urge the residents to remain law abiding and assure you of improved security of lives and property “, he said.

READ ALSO: JUST IN: Many Feared Dead As Storey Building Collapses In Imo

Earlier in a welcome address, the commander, 211 quick response group, Owerri, Grp Capt. Elisha Bindul, said that the provision of the complex was part of efforts to enhance the collective operational capacity of the NAF in Imo.

Advertisement

He thanked the CAS for his support which he described as “quintessential” in containing incidences of insecurity.

He however assured the government and people of the state of NAF’s commitment to the welfare of its personnel saddled with the responsibility of combating criminality in Imo and the southeast at large.

” It is imperative to note that decent accommodation is necessary for improved output and we thank you sir for your quintessential support. It is indicative of the bold efforts of the NAF to expand and cater for the welfare of its personnel.

Advertisement

” The accommodation will motivate the personnel to put in their best for the enhancement of our operational capacity and for the attainment of the Nigerian Airforce objective.

” I assure you of our commitment to provision of support to the civil authorities in the fight against criminality in Imo and the southeast at large “ , he said.

READ ALSO: Group Takes Investment Campaign To Imo, Woos Potential Investors

Advertisement

The event was witnessed by the Commander, 34 Artillery Brigade of the Nigerian Army, Obinze, Owerri, Brig. Gen. Yusuf Tukura and management staff of the Sam Mbakwe Airport.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Comments

News

2nd House Prize Winner Emerges In Festival Of Joy Promo Draw In Port Harcourt

Published

on

By

Foremost mobile network operator, Globacom, on Thursday held a draw to select the winner of a second three-bedroom house prize in Port Harcourt in furtherance of its Festival of Joy loyalty reward promo.

In a press statement issued by the company after the Port Harcourt draw, Globacom encouraged subscribers who desire to win prizes in the promo to dial *611# and keep recharging (voice and data during the promo period) to qualify for the draw.

Advertisement

The winning number was drawn by an elderly Glo subscriber, Mr. Ogbomade Sampson Joe, who was present at the Gloworld to transact business. It was witnessed by several Glo subscribers, the media as well as Mr. Koko Finny, the representative of the National Lottery Regulatory Commission (NLRC) in Port Harcourt.

READ ALSO: Glo Festival Of Joy Train Arrives Lagos With Brand New Car, Other Prizes

The lucky Glo subscriber who emerged winner in the draw will receive the house prize at a presentation ceremony billed for Friday, December 9, 2022.

Advertisement

Three lucky Glo subscribers had previously become landlords in Ibadan, Abuja and Port Harcourt courtesy of Glo Festival of Joy promo which has on offer, 20 houses, 24 brand new cars, 100 generators, 200 sewing machines and 1,000 rechargeable fans.

 

Advertisement

Continue Reading

News

Abducted Ondo Monarch Regains Freedom

Published

on

By

The monarch of Oso Ajowa Akoko in in Akoko North-West Local Government Area of Ondo State, Oba Clement Jimoh, who was kidnapped, has regained freedom.

The traditional ruler, who was abducted in his palace, was set free by the bandits after he had spent seven days in their den.

Advertisement

According to a family source, the monarch was freed on Wednesday evening and he had been taken to the hospital where he was receiving treatment.

READ ALSO: Gunmen Kidnap Ondo Monarch, Police Launch Probe

Kabiyesi regained freedom yesterday (Wednesday) evening but he has been taken to the hospital for treatment,” the source stated.

Advertisement

Details later…

Advertisement

Continue Reading

News

Withdrawal Limits: Senate Raises Concerns, To Debate New CBN

Published

on

By

A file photo of the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, during plenary at the upper chamber of the National Assembly in Abuja.

A file photo of the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, during plenary at the upper chamber of the National Assembly in Abuja.

Advertisement

The Senate has raised concerns about the latest Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) policy on cash withdrawals.

Senate Minority Leader Phillip Aduda in a point of order during plenary on Wednesday called the attention of his colleagues to the new policy and demanded for caution as it will affect many Nigerians, especially small business owners.

In his response, Senate President Ahmad Lawan cautions the CBN not to approach the policy by jumping into it at once as many Nigerians will be affected.

Advertisement

He further noted that there is a need to engage the CBN in discussions to get more details of the policy and he directs the committee on banking to discuss this matter during the screening of the CBN Deputy Governors expected to hold before next week.

The Senate has set next Tuesday to debate the new CBN policy.

Under the new withdrawal policy, the CBN restricted the maximum cash withdrawal over the counter (OTC) by individuals and corporate organisations per week to N100,000 and N500,000 respectively.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: CBN’s New Policy Will Lead To More Job Losses, Disorganize Businesses – University Don

The CBN stated, however, that withdrawals above the thresholds would attract processing fees of 5 per cent and 10 per cent respectively for individuals and corporate entities going forward.

In addition, third-party cheques above N50,000 shall not be eligible for OTC payment while extant limits of N10 million on clearing cheques still remain.

Advertisement

The new withdrawal regime further pegged the maximum cash withdrawal per week via Automated teller Machine (ATM) at N100,000 subject to a maximum of N20,000 cash withdrawal per day.

 

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Trending