Connect with us

News

Edo APC Crisis: Party Members Dare Obaseki, Hold Rally

Published

on

The order by Edo State governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, which forbade political rally in the state was on Saturday, February 1 defiled by faction loyal to the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole as they held a political rally st Ipoji, Esan West Local Government Area of the state to welcome defectors.

The Governor had earlier given order banning any form of polical rally in the state but this seems no hold water as the camp loyal to the National Chairman held a rally successful and peaceful.

Advertisement

Though the earlier scheduled venue for the rally was changed, it still held in a new venue where fierce looking boys who served as security subjected everyone coming into the venue to thorough screening and searching including journalists who went to cover the rally.

READ ALSO: Robbers Break Into Priest’s Apartment, Cart Away Church’s Funds In Edo

In his speech, factional chairman of the party, Col. David Imuse (Rtd) said the rally was held to welcome new members into the party with a view to increasing the party’s numbers in the state.

Advertisement

APC members during the rally at Ipoji yesterday.

We gather today to increase our figures; to increase the population of the APC; to receive a lot of people into our folds”, he added.

According to him, Aselm Ojezua, factional chairman of the party was running the party like his family affairs and carried out some things that were not in line with the party constitution hence he was suspended.

READ ALSO: Photo News: RCCG Members Take A Prayer Walk Against Insecurity, Killings

The only way we can save the party from total collapse was to remove the chairman. I am saying this so that Esan people can hear.

Advertisement

“That is why we met, fulfill the constitutional requirement, passed vote of no confidence on him and he seize to function in that capacity. We sent our resolution to the national body of the party, they reviewed our procedure, said it was in order, rectified it but did not only removed him, he is suspended from the party. So, as of today, Aselm Ojezua is not a member of the APC”, he added.

Chieftains (factional) of the party on the podium addressing members yesterday

Speaking on the violence some of the party members have gone of recently, Imuse urged members to be law abiding and not to go violence way.

He said, “I want to advise everybody that in spite of the violence being perpetrated we should remain calm. We should not be violent; we should not retialate against any form of violence. But I also want to advise those who are members of APC from govt house that the violence perpetrated will not serve the interest of the perpetrators.

“I also want to advise governor Godwin Obeseki to refrain from making statement, utterances, body conduct or body language and actions that will belittle the mightiness of the office of the governor. It is an office that is very well refrend and hold in high esteem and we intend to continue doing so.”

Advertisement

He promised to take the party to a enviable heights where elections would be contested and won.

READ ALSO:BEDC Gives 2019 Scorecard, Promises To Improve On Power Distribution

“Under our leadership, we are going to give the party a new sense of direction. We are going to refocus the party so that we grow from strength to strength and we begin to win election at all times”, he added.

Advertisement

Also speaking, Pastor Ize-Iyamu said the manner at which politics is being played in the party was uncalled for.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Comments

News

Withdrawal Limits: Senate Raises Concerns, To Debate New CBN

Published

on

By

A file photo of the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, during plenary at the upper chamber of the National Assembly in Abuja.

A file photo of the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, during plenary at the upper chamber of the National Assembly in Abuja.

Advertisement

The Senate has raised concerns about the latest Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) policy on cash withdrawals.

Senate Minority Leader Phillip Aduda in a point of order during plenary on Wednesday called the attention of his colleagues to the new policy and demanded for caution as it will affect many Nigerians, especially small business owners.

In his response, Senate President Ahmad Lawan cautions the CBN not to approach the policy by jumping into it at once as many Nigerians will be affected.

Advertisement

He further noted that there is a need to engage the CBN in discussions to get more details of the policy and he directs the committee on banking to discuss this matter during the screening of the CBN Deputy Governors expected to hold before next week.

The Senate has set next Tuesday to debate the new CBN policy.

Under the new withdrawal policy, the CBN restricted the maximum cash withdrawal over the counter (OTC) by individuals and corporate organisations per week to N100,000 and N500,000 respectively.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: CBN’s New Policy Will Lead To More Job Losses, Disorganize Businesses – University Don

The CBN stated, however, that withdrawals above the thresholds would attract processing fees of 5 per cent and 10 per cent respectively for individuals and corporate entities going forward.

In addition, third-party cheques above N50,000 shall not be eligible for OTC payment while extant limits of N10 million on clearing cheques still remain.

Advertisement

The new withdrawal regime further pegged the maximum cash withdrawal per week via Automated teller Machine (ATM) at N100,000 subject to a maximum of N20,000 cash withdrawal per day.

 

Advertisement

Continue Reading

News

IGP Launches Portal To Report Stolen Vehicles

Published

on

By

As precautionary measures to tackle vehicle theft, the Inspector General of Police, Usman Alkali Baba, has launched a platform for Nigerians to report cases of stolen vehicles.

Force Public Relations Officer, Olumuyiwa Adejobi, who disclosed this in a statement on Wednesday, said the digitalized platform – Central Motor Registry (CMR) – successfully completed and commissioned by the IGP is situated at the Force Headquarters in Abuja.

Advertisement

He said the platform launch followed the “IGP’s quest to ensure a digital environment for policing the country for robust and more proactive measures in crime prevention, investigation, and prosecution.”

“The newly digitalized Central Motor Registry Command Centre will make it possible for members of the public to report vehicles stolen from as far back as 1st January, 2018, and yet-to-be-recovered to input the vehicle details on the online platform to serve as a reliable data point for the possible recovery of the vehicle,” he stated.

“The platform will also process motor vehicle information to support police operations and efforts toward enhancing national security.”

Advertisement

READ ALSO: APC, PDP, LP Chieftains In Heated Debate Over Nigeria’s Economic Woes

With the CMR having two Command Centres in Abuja and Lagos, Adejobi said 37 Information Centres are located across the Country and in the Federal Capital Territory, with 200 e-Enforcement Operational Patrol Vehicles with automatic number plate recognition on each vehicle as part of the first batch.

He also asked Nigerians and other residents in the country to take advantage of the platform at https://reportcmr.npf.gov.ng to upload their vehicle information on the website with effect from today 7th December, 2022, as a security step for preventing it from being stolen and re-registered.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

News

NCC Gives Update On Status Of 3.5GHz Spectrum Auction

Published

on

By

The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) hereby announces that by the close of business on Monday, December 5, 2022, only two companies expressed interest in the auction of the 3.5GHz Spectrum band namely;

i. Airtel Networks Limited (Airtel) and
ii. Standard Network & Connections Limited (Standard Network).

Advertisement

However, only Airtel paid the Intention to Bid Deposit (IBD) as stipulated in the Information Memorandum (IM) whereas, Standard Network sent an email appeal for the deadline to be extended by twelve (12) working days which was not acceptable in view of the auction timetable.

READ ALSO: NCC Warns Of Phishing Attack Exploit

Having met all the provision in the IM, Airtel has, therefore, emerged as the sole Bidder.

Advertisement

Consequently, there shall be no further bidding and the Commission will proceed to the Assignment Stage in line with the published Information Memorandum guiding the licensing process.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Trending