Connect with us

News

Finally, Ondo Deputy Gov Moves Out Of Govt House

Published

on

The political battle line between Ondo State Deputy Governor, Hon Agboola Ajayi, and his principal, Rotimi Akeredolu may have been formally drawn as latter officially moved out of his official residence at the Government House.

A viral video from which Info Daily reported a story earlier had saw Ajayi accusing Ondo Commissioner of Police of being used to stop his movement from the government house.

Advertisement

Meanwhile, it was gathered security was beefed up with close scrutiny of what was being taken out during the exercise.

It was learnt Ajayi and his aides wanted to move out quietly by removing their belongings on Saturday night in preparation for his planned resignation from the All Progressives Congress(APC).

READ ALSO:Amotekun Intercepts Suspected Bandits At Osun/Oyo Boundary

Advertisement

But aides to Governor Akeredolu raised the alarm they were looting government properties as well as attempting to sneak out some secret documents.

An aide to the Governor, who pleaded anonymity, said the movement of the Deputy Governor’s official vehicles was suspicious at that time.

“He came around 9pm and wanted to go out with three vehicles but the CSO stopped him. He left around 12 midnight,  his wife took three vehicles with the state government license plate and some loads were inside.

Advertisement

“She was stopped and had to call her husband who later came. It was the CSO that called the CP because he saw that there was no reason parking load without inventory being taken”, he said.

READ ALSO: Violation Of Social Distancing: Civil Rights Group Pickets Edo Gov, Wants Him Sanctioned 

Intervention by security personnel at the government house could not save the situation which prompted the policemen to call the Commissioner of Police, Bolaji Salami.

Advertisement

His media aide, Babatope Okeowo, who denied allegations of looting government property,said his boss was prevented from leaving the government house with one of the vehicles attached to his office.

Babatope said his boss was held back for over four hours and barred by policemen from leaving the government house for his personal residence within Akure because of allegations that he has perfected plans to dump the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) for the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).

Recall the Deputy Govwrnor had been at loggerheads with Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu and several interventions by prominent individuals to bring peace between them failed.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: Drama As CP Blocks Ondo Deputy Gov From Moving His Belongings Out Of Govt House

The quarrel made Ajayi to boycott government functions since March even though their differences started last year after Akeredolu returned after undergoing surgery overseas.

It gathered that Akeredolu lost faith in his deputy when he learnt he was putting political structures in place to unseat him.

Advertisement

(PHOTO: File)

Advertisement

Advertisement
Comments

News

FG Extends Kaduna-Abuja Train Resumption

Published

on

By

The Ministry of Transportation, on Sunday, in Kaduna, extended the resumption date for the Kaduna-Abuja train Service

Recall that the train service was suspended in March 2022, after bandits attacked its passengers, killed 25, wounded several others and Kidnapped over 50 passengers.

Advertisement

However, early this month, the federal government had promised that the Kaduna-Abuja train service would resume before the end of November.

But the Minister of Transportation, Mu’azu Sambo, while on inspection tour to examine its readiness for operation before the commencement of operations, said certain things needed to be in place before resumption.

READ ALSO: Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack: Group Blasts FG For Failure To Protect Citizens

Advertisement

He said the FG has introduced a new system of purchasing tickets, which he said is the beginning of security checks that would assist the government to know who boards the train at every point in time.

Although he declined speaking on the actual resumption date, but assured the public that it wouldn’t be far from now.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

News

Dangote Plans Fresh 300,000 Jobs For Nigerians

Published

on

By

Africa’s foremost industrialist, Aliko Dangote, is optimistic that the new multibillion naira investment in the sugar sub-sector would help provide no fewer than 300,000 jobs in Nigeria.

A statement from the Corporate Communication Department of the company quoted the Group’s President Aliko Dangote as saying that the company was providing fresh funds and thus expanding its operations in the sugar sub-sector.

Advertisement

Mr Dangote, who was speaking at the Flagg off Ceremony of the 2022/2023 Crushing Season and Outgrower Scheme Awards in Numan, Adamawa State, said the opportunities would include both direct and indirect jobs.

READ ALSO: Controversy Trails Unveiling Of New Currency Redesign

Dangote, who is Africa’s top philanthropist, expressed optimism that the massive investment will create over 300,000 jobs for Nigerians.

Advertisement

He said, “We are making a massive investment in Adamawa State through expansion of DSR Numan’s sugar refining capacity from 3000tcd to 6000tcd, 9800tcd, and to 15,000tcd. DSR will be able to create about three hundred thousand jobs, direct and indirect, with positive multiplier effects on the economy nationwide.”

The Dangote Group is the biggest employer of labour in Nigeria outside the government.

Dangote was appointed Chairman, National Job Creation Committee in 2010 to assist the Federal Government in providing more employment opportunities for Nigerians.

Advertisement

The Dangote President had also announced that his company was doubling its spending on CSR schemes in host communities in Adamawa State, the location of its 32,000 hectares integrated sugar complex.

Speaking in Numan, Minister of Industry, Trade, and Investment, Otunba Adeniyi Adebayo, described the Dangote Sugar Refinery as the biggest contributor to the development of the sugar development effort of the Federal Government.

READ ALSO: Police React To Viral Video Of Alleged Terrorists In Lagos

Advertisement

The Minister also commended Mr Dangote for the massive support through his Corporate Social Responsibility scheme.

In the same vein, the Dangote Refinery and Petrochemicals is expected to create some 250,000 job opportunities when completed next year.

Already, Dangote Cement Plc is one of Africa’s biggest job providers in the manufacturing sector.

Advertisement

 

Advertisement

Continue Reading

News

Igbos Inaugurate Biafra House In US, Give Reasons

Published

on

By

Igbos residing in the United States, US, have inaugurated the Biafra House in Oxon Hill in Maryland, Washington DC.

It was gathered that the Biafra House was inaugurated to serve people who believe in Biafra and friends of the nation.

Advertisement

This was authoritatively disclosed to DAILY POST by a source.

The source, who pleaded anonymity, said: “The Biafra House is officially opened for business to the public, including Government Administrative Matters, Diplomatic Protocol, International Relations, and Security, amongst others.”

The Biafra House was formed to help Igbos in the US and Diaspora interact with the international community.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: Controversy Trails Unveiling Of New Currency Redesign

According to the source: “The Biafra House will be interacting and providing services to local, as well as governments and the International community through partnerships, pending when the United Nations and other world bodies may compel the government of Nigeria to effect a plebiscite for Biafran people.

“Biafra House is where Biafrans in the United States and the World can seek Diplomatic and Consular services, as it’s open for five business days a week and within the New York time zone.”

Advertisement

“Again, The Biafra House will be interacting and providing services to local, as well as governments and the International community through partnerships, pending when the United Nations and other world bodies may compel the Fulani government of Nigeria to effect a plebiscite for Biafran people.”

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Trending