Connect with us

Latest news

Godsent Foundation @10: ‘We’ve Put Smile On Faces Of Thousands Of Widows, Less Privileged’ – Founder

Published

on

The founder, Godsent Foundation, Ambassador Dion Osagie, has disclosed that his foundation had given thousands of hopeless widows succour, assisted hundreds of less privileged children with free education within 10 years of its establishment.

He disclosed that the Foundation already has over two thousand (2000) widows in its list who receives assistance ranging from food items to money.

The founder who addressed journalists yesterday from the United States of America via zoom to mark the 10th anniversary of the Foundation, noted that no fewer than 100 widows receive N5,000 to 10,000 stipend on weekly basis from the Foundation.

Advertisement

While stating that the passion to help the less privileged has been a driving force in his philanthropic gesture, he noted that the Foundation is non-political and has not received a dime from the government or any serving politician.

The United Nations Ambassador who disclosed that the Foundation spends an average of five million (N5m) monthly in feeding widows, the less privileged and paying some less privilaged, said some well-meaning Nigerians and persons around the globe have been the ones supporting him in the Foundation.

“It has been 10 years of feeding and assisting the less privilaged; It has been 10 years of providing free healthcare for our people; It has been 10 years of solving socio problems. Within the last 10 years, we have been able to provide free education for some needy.

Godsent Foundation putting smile on the faces of this widow.

“On the average, Godsent Foundation spend N5m every month. In this month so far, we have spent nothing less N5m helping our people.

“We started providing free meal for the less privilaged and widows every Saturday five years ago, and you know what that may have caused us. At Godsent Foundation, we are doing what the Government has failed to do,” he said.

Advertisement

He continues, “The state government needs to create a platform to helping the widows. There is no excuse for them to live so wretched. There is no reason young children should be hawking water, children who are supposed be in school.”

Speaking on the state of the nation particularly Edo State, Ambassador Dion Osagie said, “Edo State of today is savaged. Nothing is working. The governor of the state has totally failed his people on his electoral promises.

“One year after election, no commissioner, the state is in darkness. I watched the video of Ring Road and some locations in Benin at night and I felt bad. Everywhere is in darkness, no street light. Edo State is in the hand of a person who does not have the ability and capacity to lead the people.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest news

Drogba Returns, Scores Hat-trick Against Arsene Wenger’s Team

Published

on

By

Chelsea legend, Didier Drogba, on Wednesday night, returned to action to score a hat-trick against Arsene Wenger’s UNICEF XI team in a charity match.

Wenger returned to management to lead a UNICEF XI out against Marseille legends.

Wenger’s side moved into a 2-1 lead at the Stade Velodrome in his first.

Advertisement

However, Drogba stole the show with his trio of goals for Marseille legends.

The Ivory Coast legend found the net twice and then even dusted off his infamous celebration for his third goal.

Marseille legends triumphed 7-4 against UNICEF XI.

READ ALSO: Mikel Obi Reveals Player Who Helped Him At Chelsea

Advertisement

Formula One hotshot Pierre Gasly was also on target in the enthralling game.

Meanwhile, Robert Pires, Jens Lehmann, Mathieu Flamini and Samir Nasri, all Arsenal legends under Wenger, made appearances last night.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Crime

EFCC Bursts Internet Fraudsters Hideout, Arrests 22

Published

on

By

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibadan Zonal Command, has arrested 22 “Yahoo Boys” for alleged involvement in internet fraud.

The suspects were identified as Akintunde Ibrahim Olajide, Yusuf Taiye Afeez, Jimoh Idris Okikiola, Adeyemo Wariz Adegoke, Ademola Olalekan Saheed, Anif Abayomi Busayo, Oriade Sunday Oluwatobi, Ajadi Opeyemi Damilola.

Others include, Peter Akanji Blessing,Olaoluwa Felix Oguniran, Agbei Shola Peter, Toheeb Adeagbo Tola, Ajayi Akinyinka Umar, Ibrahim Opeyemi Ishola, Samson Shonubi Oluwafemi, Oki Kayode Oluwadunsi, Durosamo Temitope Dickson, Akinremi Ridwan Abiodun, Ahmed Ogunyele and Olawore Ridwan Olalekan.

Advertisement

They were apprehended during an operation at their hideout in Ogbomoso, Oyo State based on intelligence on their alleged criminal activities.

At the point of their arrest, five cars, several mobile phones, laptops and other incriminating documents were recovered from them.

READ ALSO: EFCC Arrests 11 ‘Yahoo Boys’ In Edo

The Commission said twenty of the 22 suspects have been indicted by investigation.

Advertisement

It added that they would be charged to court as soon as the investigation was concluded.

Continue Reading

Latest news

Six Parties Ready To Merge, Contest Against APC, PDP – Moghalu

Published

on

By

A former presidential candidate in the 2019 general election, Kingsley Moghalu has claimed that at least six political parties have indicated their interest to merge and form a mega party ahead of the 2023 general elections.

Moghalu stated this when he hosted Nze Akachukwu Nwankpo, the candidate of the African Democratic Congress (ADC) for the November 6 governorship poll in Anambra State.

The ex-Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, who recently defected to the ADC, also called on Nigerians to register in order to be eligible to vote in 2023.

Advertisement

DAILY POST quoted him him: “We hope to be a key part of a much larger third force that is building up for the presidential elections which will include a merger of about six or seven or more parties.

“So, I believe that in the 2023 elections the citizens of Nigeria should not allow it to be a contest between two sides of the same coin because there is no difference. It should be a battle between the old and the new – between the old Nigerian and the possibilities for a new Nigeria. That is what 2023 should be,” Moghalu said.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending