Politics
How Obama Plotted My 2015 Election Defeat – Jonathan

Former President Goodluck Jonathan, has alleged that ex-US President, Barack Obama, plotted his defeat in 2015.
Jonathan made this allegation in his new book, ‘My Transition Hours’ due to launch on Tuesday.
He said Obama displayed an unusual level of bias during the 2015 elections, describing him as overbearing and ‘condescending’ in his message to Nigerians ahead of the 2015 general election.
According to Jonathan, “On March 23, 2015, President Obama himself took the unusual step of releasing a video message directly to Nigerians all but telling them how to vote.”
READ ALSO:FLASHBACK: How Tinubu Blamed Jonathan For Killing Of Christians In 2014
Giving the details in the book, Jonathan said, “In that video, Obama urged Nigerians to open the ‘next chapter’ by their votes.
“Those who understood subliminal language deciphered that he was prodding the electorate to vote for the opposition to form a new government.”
According to Premium Times, which obtained a copy of the book hours before its unveiling in Abuja on Tuesday, Jonathan had kept the book secret in order to avoid excerpts of it being published ahead of its formal launch.
Recall that Jonathan lost the 2015 elections to the late President Muhammadu Buhari, marking the first time an incumbent president would lose reelection.
READ ALSO:2027: PDP Northern Group Endorses Jonathan For Presidency
He assumed office in 2010 following the death of President Umaru Yar’Adua, getting his own mandate of four years at the 2011 presidential election.
“The message was so condescending, it was as if Nigerians did not know what to do and needed an Obama to direct them,” Jonathan said of the video message.
He lampooned Obama, who was American president from 2009 until 2017, for saying all Nigerians must be able to cast their votes without intimidation or fear, but was reluctant to allow the Nigerian security forces drive Boko Haram insurgents away from the Nigerian territories they had been occupying in order to free Nigerian citizens there ahead of elections.
READ ALSO:Jonathan Dragged To Court Over Bid To Participate In 2027 Election
Jonathan also took a harsh aim at former US Secretary of State, John Kerry, saying the diplomat was nonchalant in his attitude towards his government, despite all efforts to make him understand that the decision to postpone election was in the overall interest of Nigeria.
“How can the U.S. Secretary of State know what is more important for Nigeria than Nigeria’s own government? How could they have expected us to conduct elections when Boko Haram controlled part of the North East and were killing and maiming Nigerians?
“Not even the assurance of the sanctity of May 29, 2015 handover date could calm them down. In Nigeria, the Constitution is very clear: No President can extend his tenure by one day,” Jonathan said.
Politics
APC Senatorial Primaries: National Organising Secretary Clears Oden Ewa For Cross River Central, Others

Ahead of the ongoing scheduled All Progressives Congress (APC) Senatorial Primaries holding across the country today, Oden Ewa and seven others have been cleared by the National Organising Secretary (NOS) of the party at the just concluded screening exercise, to contest the primaries.
This was made public by NOS after the screening exercise in the State.
Ewa, the immediate past Commissioner for Special Duties and Intergovernmental Affairs, was cleared alongside the incumbent Senator representing Cross River Central Senatorial District, Senator Eteng Jonah Williams, who is planning for third term.
READ ALSO:PDP Loses Five Reps, APC Two In Fresh Defections
The contest in Central Senatorial District is said to be a hot chase between Ewa and the incumbent, however, Ewa is believed to have an edge as he is seen as a fresh start with new ideas for the district.
He is popular among the party leaders and commands huge following within the party followers and the Senatorial district for his various contributions to the development of the district over the years.
His aspiration also enjoys the support of the teeming youths in the area with many youth groups in the district lining behind him. He is said to fit into the aspirational needs of the youths and others within the district who are calling for new and fresh representation.
Others cleared by NOS for the primaries include; Asuquo Ekpenyoung (South); Adans Cecilia Omoniya, Senator Jarigbe Agom, Dr Johna Onyi Agba, and Mary Ogoba Ekpere Eta (North).
Politics
APC Members In Ikole LG Condemn Attacks On Members During Reps Primary

….Seek safer venues for remaining primaries
Members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) from Òkè-Àkò Ekiti, Irele-Ekiti and Ijowa-Ekiti in Ikole Local Government Area of Ekiti State have strongly condemned the violence, intimidation and attacks that characterised the House of Representatives Primary Election held in Ward 11, Ipao-Ekiti.
The APC members lamented that the exercise, which ought to have reflected the democratic ideals of the party, was unfortunately marred by violent attacks carried out by political thugs against party faithful perceived to be supporting a different aspirant from the one backed by the attackers.
Among those attacked were Hon. Samuel Adetiba and Mr. Ore Bamidele, the latter, who was beaten into a coma and is presently in critical condition at a private hospital in the locality where he is receiving medical attention.
Beyond the physical attacks on members, cmpaign banners belonging to the aspirant opposed by the attackers were also vandalised and destroyed during the incident.
READ ALSO:Violence Rocks APC Reps Primary In Ekiti Ward, Exercise Declared Inconclusive
The APC members expressed disappointment that the incident was orchestrated by one of the chairmanship candidates for the Among Local Community Development Authority (LCDA), in the presence of the APC leader in the Ekamefa area, Hon. Samuel Abejide, who did nothing to stop the attacks of the party faithful.
In addition to the physical assaults, properties belonging to APC members in Ipao-Ekiti were reportedly damaged, while elderly men and women from Òkè-Àkò Ekiti, Irele-Ekiti and Ijowa-Ekiti were allegedly molested, threatened and forcefully removed from voting queues simply for supporting aspirants of their choices.
Olaiya Ajibulu, who spoke on behalf of the affected party members expressed deep concern over what they described as a growing atmosphere of fear and political intolerance capable of undermining unity within the party and threatening the safety of members participating in future exercises.
Consequently, Ajibulu said that the affected APC members from the three communities appealed passionately to the leadership of the party in Ekiti State, as well as His Excellency, Governor Biodun Abayomi Oyebanji, to urgently intervene in the matter.
READ ALSO:APC Members Protest Alleged Exclusion From Oyo Reps Primaries
They also requested that subsequent APC primary elections involving the three communities be moved away from Ipao-Ekiti to a neutral and safer venue where the lives and rights of party members could be adequately protected.
“Alternatively, we appeal that Òkè-Àkò Ekiti, Irele-Ekiti and Ijowa-Ekiti should be allowed to conduct their remaining primary elections at a separate venue where members can freely exercise their democratic rights without intimidation, harassment, or fear of violence.” Ajibulu reiterated.
The affected members also sympathised with all victims of the attacks and prayed for the speedy recovery of those currently receiving medical attention, particularly Mr. Ore Bamidele.
They reaffirmed their commitment to the ideals of democracy, peaceful coexistence and party unity, while urging all stakeholders to ensure that future political exercises are conducted in an atmosphere of peace, fairness and mutual respect.
News
Logistics Challenges Mars APC Reps Primaries In Abia

The House of Representatives primary elections of the All Progressive Congress, APC, in Abia State has been rocked by logistics challenges and reports of intense lobbying.
The exercise, scheduled to commence on Saturday morning, is yet to start in any part of the state as at 3:00 pm.
A visit by DAILY POST to several wards where the primary elections were supposed to hold in Umuahia showed that no party official was on duty.
READ ALSO:APC Members Protest Alleged Exclusion From Oyo Reps Primaries
At Amuzukwu Secondary School, Umuwaya Amuzukwu, Methodist Primary School at Crowther Street, Umuahia North Local Government Headquarters, no official of the APC or the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, staff was seen.
Two female police officers who were deployed to provide security in Umuwaya Amuzukwu were left in confusion as they could not meet any APC official at the centre.
Source disclosed that some of the aspirants in various constituencies in Abia State refused the offer to step down before the primares, insisting that they be allowed to test their popularity in the exercise.
READ ALSO:APC Mocks ADC Over Parallel Congresses In Ebonyi
Meanwhile, two leaders of the City Boys Movement in Abia State, Chinedu Orji and Lucky Igbokwe, who are aspiring for the Ikwuano/Umuahia Federal Constituency, have issued statements maintaining that they are firmly in the race.
Explaining the delay in the commencement of the APC primary election, Publicity Secretary of Abia State APC, Uche Aguoru, attributed the situation to logistics challenges.
Aguoru invited all House of Representatives aspirants and other party stakeholders to an “emergency mandatory meeting” to be held at APC new office by Saturday evening.
Politics5 days agoFubara Clears Air On ‘Defection’ To NDC [VIDEO]
News4 days agoGun Battle In Oyo Forest As Police Disrupt ₦10m Ransom Collection Plot
Politics3 days agoFour Fubara Loyalists Disqualified As APC Clears 21 For Rivers Reps Primaries
Metro4 days agoDrama As Teenagers Stage Secret Wedding With N3,000 Bride Price
Politics3 days ago2027: Court Rebukes Plaintiff, Lawyer In Suit Against Jonathan, Awards N1m Fine
News3 days agoLagos Sanctions 15 Money Lending Companies For Sharp Practices
Politics5 days ago2027: Daniel-Abiodun Feud Deepens Over Senatorial Ticket For Ogun East
News4 days agoPAP Sends Additional 15 Scholarship Beneficiaries For Post-Graduate Studies In UK
Sports4 days agoCAF Introduces New Laws After Chaotic AFCON Final In Morocco
Entertainment5 days agoGrammy Announces Date For 2027 Awards Nominations














