Metro
How Pastor R*ped My Daughter For Three Years – Mother

An Ikeja Sexual Offences and Domestic Violence Court, Lagos State, on Monday, heard how a businesswoman’s 17-year-old daughter was allegedly d*filed by a pastor, Chris Mcdouglas.
The witness said Mcdouglas, a pastor at the Peculiar Generation Assembly Church, Lagos, allegedly had s*x with the survivor at the back of his church and in different hotels on several occasions.
The victim’s mother, who was led in evidence in chief by the Director of Public Prosecutions, Dr Babajide Martins, told the court that the defendant r*ped her daughter from 2017 to 2020 in the guise of taking her out for gospel ministration.
Mcdouglas is standing trial on nine counts bordering on defilement, r*pe and s*xual assault by penetration, preferred against him by the Lagos State Government.
READ ALSO: Gang-rape: Edo Man, Friends Bag Death Sentence, Jail
He pleaded not guilty to the charges.
According to her, when she confronted the defendant for defiling her daughter, he burst into tears and blamed it on the devil.
She said, “Pastor Mcdouglas will come to my house and ask my daughter to follow him for ministration so as to use her talent as a chorister to bless others.
“Unknown to me, according to my daughter, when he takes her out for ministration, he will branch in a hotel and have s*x with her.
“When I confronted him with some leaders in the church, he said he was deceived by the devil and told me to forgive him.”
The witness, who gave evidence before Justice Ramon Oshodi, said she recorded her conversation as well as the defendant’s alleged confession on her phone.
“The pastor, whom I trusted so much with my family and saw as my spiritual father, entered my house anytime I was not around to have s*x with my daughter.
“My daughter told me Pastor Mcdouglas would sneak into the house while I was not around, cover the curtains, cover her mouth and force himself on her.
“My daughter said when he sees that she wants to shout to attract our neighbours, pastor will bring out the fairly-used clothes that I sell and pretend to be selecting from it,” she added.
She stated that her daughter’s alleged sexual encounter with the defendant drove her (victim) into depression, which made her faint constantly.
The witness added that the defendant would come to the house and prayed for the survivor whenever she fainted and also told them to sow seed to the church for her to stay alive
She said, “I used my salary most times to sow seed on the instruction of Pastor Mcdouglas and my husband also gave him money to buy supplements for me.
“She said sometimes, the pastor will call her to his house to help wash his children’s clothes and ended up raping her in his house.
“He threatened my daughter that she would die if she told anyone about it.”
During cross-examination by the defence counsel, Mr Suleiman Salami, the witness told the court that she had known the defendant for more than 12 years and that her husband had been outside Nigeria for 10 years.
She stated that the defendant used to collect money from her family and he did not offer financial help to her family.
The woman said she was a member of the ushering department, an administrative officer and a member of the building committee of the church but left the church in 2020.
She confirmed to the court that the survivor, who was her first daughter, was depressed from 2017 to 2020.
READ ALSO: BREAKING: Court Remands Doctor Olaleye Over Alleged Rape
“My daughter is moody whenever she comes back from pastor’s house, which is inside the church.
“Pastor does not give me breathing space as he is always in my house.
“My daughter always faints anytime she comes back from ministration and pastor always gives her holy water to drink.
“This has affected my daughter as she always have suicidal thought because I once received a call from her school that she wanted to buy an insecticide,” she said.
Metro
Kwara Traditional Ruler Kidnapped On His Farm

Gunmen have reportedly abducted a traditional ruler in Bayagan community in the Ifelodun Local Government Area of Kwara State, Ojibara of Bayagan Oba Kamilu Salami, on Saturday.
It was gathered that the traditional ruler was kidnapped Saturday morning on his farm, while details of the incident were still sketchy.
READ ALSO:JUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
Eyewitness disclosed that the attack happened suddenly and left the community in apprehension and confusion. Meanwhile, the incident had triggered fresh concerns over cases of insecurity across the country.
The Kwara State Police command was yet to confirm the incident as at when filing this report.
Metro
Sokoto Police Arrest Suspected Cultists, Uncover WhatsApp Recruitment Channel

The Sokoto State Police Command has arrested three suspected members of the notorious “Sai Malam” cult group, believed to be behind rising criminal activities in parts of the state.
The suspects, including the alleged gang leader Usman Shu’aibu, were apprehended on Friday during an intelligence-led operation executed by the command’s Anti-Kidnapping Unit.
According to the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Ahmad Rufa’i, the suspects confessed to being initiated into the group through a private WhatsApp platform called Red Chamber.
The police noted that further investigation discovered the social media channel was created to recruit unsuspecting youths into criminal activities.
READ ALSO:Police Crack Down On Criminal Network In Delta Community, Recover AK-47
These, according to the statement, include ritual practices, the pursuit of supposed demonic powers, acts of homosexuality, and violent thuggery.
The police warned parents to closely monitor their children’s online activities closely, noting that criminal groups are increasingly exploiting digital platforms to lure vulnerable youths.
Commissioner of Police, Ahmed Musa, said the arrests respond directly to public concerns about the group’s operations, adding that efforts are ongoing to track other fleeing members.
He assured residents of the command’s commitment to sustaining intelligence-driven policing and safeguarding lives and property across the state.
READ ALSO:Hoodlums Stab Police Officer To Death In Ondo
In other news, two persons suspected to be hoodlums have been arrested by the operatives of the Ondo State Police Command for allegedly stabbing a police officer to death in Akure, the state capital.
The suspects, identified as Shina Jacob, 25, and Felix Olalekan, 32, allegedly attacked the police inspector during an altercation at Oke-Arata within Arakale axis.
The killing of the police officer came a few days after a personnel of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) was stabbed to death by a mentally unstable man in Oba-Ile area of Akure.
According to sources, after the inspector, who was recently transferred from the Anti-Cultism Unit to B-Division, was stabbed, the area was thrown into a state of panic as residents and traders hurriedly fled.
READ ALSO:Police Arrest 26 Over Fake Currency, Adulterated Diesel In Lagos
While confirming the incident, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Olayinka Ayanlade, disclosed that the officer was rushed to the hospital after he was stabbed but gave up the ghost while receiving treatment.
“An altercation ensued between the officer and some recalcitrant individuals, during which the officer was tragically stabbed. This unfortunate event triggered an immediate and coordinated police response.
“Acting swiftly, the Commissioner of Police deployed a team of operatives to the scene, resulting in the arrest of two suspects directly connected to the incident. They include Shina Jacob ‘m’ aged 25 years and Felix Olalekan ‘m’ aged 32 years.
“The injured officer was also rescued and rushed to the hospital; however, despite all efforts, the police inspector sadly passed away while receiving treatment. The follow-up operation conducted last night formed part of the Command’s sustained and strategic efforts to rid the state of violent criminal elements and prevent further breaches of public safety,” Ayanlade stated.”
Metro
Army, Air Force Crush ISWAP Fighters After Failed Chibok Attack

Troops of the 28 Task Force Brigade, Sector 4 Operation Hadin Kai, on Saturday stopped a major attack by ISWAP/Boko Haram fighters in Chibok, Borno State, before the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) moved in with airstrikes that killed many of the fleeing terrorists.
The report was contained in a post shared on X by security analyst Zagazola Makama.
According to the update, more than 300 terrorists launched a coordinated assault on Chibok around 3:00 a.m., attempting to break through military defensive positions.
Soldiers responded immediately, engaging the attackers in a fierce gunfight that lasted about two hours.
READ ALSO:Army Releases List Of Shortlisted Candidates For SSC Course
A security source quoted in the post said the troops acted swiftly and professionally.
“There was no casualty on our side, and no equipment was affected,” the source said.
As the terrorists began to retreat toward the Timbuktu Triangle, ground troops called for air support.
NAF combat aircraft were deployed to the route used by the fleeing fighters.
READ ALSO:NAF Redeploys 25 Senior Officers
The airstrikes, guided by intelligence from the troops on the ground, hit several clusters of terrorists trying to escape.
Multiple waves of strikes were carried out, with both manned aircraft and an unmanned aerial platform targeting groups of fighters dispersing into the forest.
According to Makama, the combined efforts of the Army and the Air Force dealt heavy blows to the attackers, preventing them from regrouping after the failed offensive.
Metro5 days agoJUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
News4 days agoHow To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
News4 days agoBREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
Headline4 days agoCoup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire
Metro3 days agoJUST IN: One Dead As Ngige Escapes Assassination
News3 days agoGuinea-Bissau Coup: FG Gives Update On Ex-President Jonathan
Metro3 days agoBREAKING: Bandits Abduct Teenage Boy, Six Girls From FCT Community
News3 days agoOkpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director
News4 days agoTinubu Appoints Non-Career Ambassadors For US, UK, France
Politics5 days agoCrack In Edo APC As Group Accuses Party Chieftain Of Acting Opposition’s Script












