Connect with us

Politics

JUST IN: El-Rufai Dumps APC For ADC

Published

on

Mohammed Bello El-Rufai, the son of former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has dumped the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the African Democratic Congress (ADC).

El-Rufai announced his resignation from the ruling APC on Thursday in a post which he shared on his official X account.

“In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful. A few hours ago, the Rt. Hon. Speaker of the 10th House of Representatives, Hon. Tajudeen Abbas GCON, announced my letter of resignation from the All Progressives Congress (APC) and my formal move to the African Democratic Congress (ADC) at plenary,” he said.

Advertisement

“I am now a member of the ADC, and I will be seeking re‑election to continue representing the good people of Kaduna North Federal Constituency on this platform.

READ ALSO:Corruption Charges: El-Rufai Arraigned Amid Tight Security, Journalists Barred

“I am joined in this new chapter by our respected elder, Hon. Engr. Suleiman Richifa, representing Soba, and my dear brother, Hon. Umar Ajilo, representing Makarfi/Kudan, who both defected from their previous parties to the African Democratic Congress. Together, we are building a home for progressive, people‑focused service.”

Advertisement

This decision to leave the APC for the ADC, according to him was not taken lightly but he was guided by courage and conviction.

“As a proud son of Mallam Nasir Elrufai, I am guided by courage, conviction, and the unshakable belief that our people deserve the very best. To the people of Kaduna North: our work continues, and it will not stop. We will never compromise on delivering quality representation. There is still so much to do,” he said.

READ ALSO:APC Mocks ADC Over Parallel Congresses In Ebonyi

Advertisement

“By the grace of God, I will soon announce the ad hoc committee for the Primary Health Care initiative I unveiled last week. We will be equipping Primary Health Care Centres with medical supplies, starting with 1,000 syringes per PHC and other essential items.

“Phase I begins with two centres: Unguwar Sarki Ward and Badarawa/Malali Ward. May Allah SWT continue to guide us as we serve the people. And may He bless Nigeria with the best leaders.”

ElRufai is a Member of the House of Representatives from the Kaduna North Federal Constituency and Chairman, Committee on Banking Regulations.

Advertisement

Politics

APC Clears Wike Loyalists, Disqualifies All Fubara-aligned Aspirants For State Assembly

Published

on

Rivers State chapter of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has released the list of cleared and disqualified aspirants ahead of the party’s primaries for the 2027 general elections.

According to the list, 33 aspirants were cleared to participate in the primaries, while 65 others were not cleared.

Notably, all 32 aspirants believed to be aligned with the camp of Governor Siminalayi Fubara were disqualified from the exercise.

Advertisement

In contrast, incumbent members of the Rivers State House of Assembly loyal to the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Nyesom Wike, were cleared.

READ ALSO:FCT Teachers To Begin Indefinite Strike On Monday

In a statement issued by the State Publicity Secretary of the party, Chibike Ikenga, members who purchased the House of Assembly Expression of Interest and Nomination forms were advised to verify their status on the notice board at the party’s state secretariat located at No. 268B Aba Road, Port Harcourt.

Advertisement

Ikenga further stated that appeals arising from the screening outcome should be submitted through the party secretariat.

He added that the appeal process is scheduled to hold on Tuesday, May 12, by 10 a.m. at the party secretariat.

READ ALSO:FCT Council Election: UN Observer Blames INEC For Low Voter Turnout

Advertisement

Meanwhile, in a report released by the screening committee, it listed several reasons for the disqualification of affected aspirants.

Among the reasons are: “Nominations by persons who are not financially up to date members of the Party, contrary to Article 9.3 of the Party Constitution, inducement and attempted bribery of Committee members, submission of unsworn affidavits, failure to present voters cards, failure to present Party membership slips or cards, conflicting dates of birth, failure to confirm payment of membership dues by nominators, irregular party membership numbers of nominators, inconsistencies in names appearing in submitted documents, insufficient nominators with required numbers which fall short of three nominations per ward, invalid affidavits that failed to disclose material particulars relating to NECO certificates.”

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Politics

BREAKING: NDC Zones Presidency

Published

on

The Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC) has zoned its presidential ticket to Southern Nigeria for a single 4-year term.

The motion was moved at the National Convention of the NDC by the member representing Ogbaru Constituency of Anambra State in the 10th National Assembly, Afam Victor Ogene and was adopted by the delegates.

READ ALSO:BREAKING: 17 ADC Reps Follow Join NDC

Advertisement

It was also resolved that after the four years single term, the Presidential ticket will be automatically zoned to the north.

This decision has cleared the way for the former governor of Anambra State, Mr Peter Obi and other southern aspirants to processd and purchase the presidential form of the party.

Details later…

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Politics

Crisis Hits APC Govs Forum As 18 Rejects Uzodinma’s Removal

Published

on

A serious crisis is currently brewing in the Progressive Governors’ Forum following the sudden removal of the Imo State Governor, Hope Uzodinma, as its chairman.

Reports had it earlier that a cross-section of All Progressives Congress, APC, governors removed Uzodinma and installed the Enugu State Governor, Peter Mbah, as its chairman.

Although the Director-General of the forum, Folorunso Aluko, in a statement on Friday, said the reports of Uzodinma’s removal were fake and misleading, sources privy to the matter confirmed to DAILY POST that some governors met on Thursday night and removed Uzodinma.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:BREAKING: APC Governors Forum Splits As Uzodimma, Abiodun Lead Rival Factions

The meeting, according to reports, was led by the Ogun State Governor, Dapo Abiodun, and was held at the Ogun Government Lodge.

However, in a swift move to counter the decision of the Abiodun-led group, 18 other governors met behind closed doors at the Imo Lodge on Friday and passed a vote of confidence in Uzodinma.

Advertisement

Some of those present at the meeting included the governors of Ondo, Kaduna, Taraba, Sokoto, Ebonyi, Borno, Lagos, Kogi, Kano, Yobe, Kebbi, Benue and Jigawa states, while Nasarawa State was represented by its deputy governor.

READ ALSO:Kaduna APC Aspirant Rejects Consensus Plot, Warns Against Imposition Of Candidate

Speaking on the unfolding events, Governor Uba Sani of Kaduna State said: “All of us woke up to that very unfortunate story, which was virtually in all the media in Nigeria. But the truth of the matter is that the APC Progressive Governors’ Forum is very united.

Advertisement

“We are stronger now than at any other time. And, of course, we are all supporting the president for what he has been doing.

“We also want to assure everyone that the APC is united, the governors are united, the forum is united, and there is no problem at all.”

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending