Connect with us

Metro

‘My Landlord Beat Me To Pulp For Refusing His Love Advances’ – Mother Of Three

Published

on

I Neither Beat Her Nor Asked Her Out – Lordlord

A woman, Mrs Comfort Giwa, said she got the beating of her life when her landlord, Mr Adisa Lukman, openly brutalised her for allegedly turning down his love advances.

The incident, according to Comfort,  happened on February 9, 2020, while she was talking to a friend outside their residence at 3, Idiatu Kilani Street in the Fagba area of New Oko Oba, Agege, Lagos.

She said she was mercilessly beaten by the landlord during which she sustained varying degrees of injury on several parts of her body, including a wound on her arm.

Nation reports that she claimed that the man had made passes at her, which she rejected on several occasions, after which he threatened to deal with her.

‘’I started having issues with our landlord(Adisa), shortly after we moved into his house three years ago when he made several passes at me. He said he liked me and that he would like to date me but I rebuffed him knowing full well that I am a married woman living with my husband in his house.

READ ALSO: Fayose Describes APC As ‘Coronavirus Infected’, Says He Has No Plan To Join

‘’He was persistent in asking me out and at a point, I reported him to my husband. He then threatened that he would deal with me for spawning him. He has his own wife, yet, he had been disturbing, asking me to date him.

‘’Last night, I was seated beside one of my friends outside our residence when a woman  living near our house told me that my landlord said my daughter was fond of harassing her own daughter. I told the woman that my daughter was innocent of the allegations and that God would expose whoever is behind the false allegations.

“Suddenly, my landlord rushed to where I was engaging the woman and attacked me for no just cause. He beat me to pulp. He held me down, while he called on one of his friends, who joined him to further brutalise me. The beating was so much that I sustained injuries on my body. There’s a deep cut on one my arms, as I speak. I was rushed to a hospital and placed on admission, while my husband reported the incident to the police at Oko-Oba Division.

‘’However, nothing came out of the police intervention because our landlord sought the help of some community leaders, who used their ‘connection’ with the police to deny me justice.’’

READ ALSO: Gowon seeks Gov.’s Support To Conduct Prayer rally In Bauchi

Comfort’s husband, David Giwa, said he was planning to move out of the building before his landlord brutalised his wife for refusing his love advances.

‘’My wife had told me that our landlord was fond of peeping through the bathroom door to look at her naked body whenever she is having her bath. After he was cautioned, I figured out that his attitude was a signal to leave his house and I started saving money to get another accommodation in order to save my wife and children from the incessant harassment by my landlord.

‘’I was then shocked when my landlord and his associates descended on my wife and brutalised her, to the extent that she sustained injuries. She was placed on admission in a hospital for some days and she is still nursing wounds from the attack, as we speak.

‘’After I visited my wife in hospital, I made a report on the incident at Oko-Oba Police Division, but nothing came out of it because my landlord and some community leaders used their ‘connection’ to circumvent justice.’’

Adisa, however, denied the woman’s allegation that he(landlord) asked her out. He also denied inflicting injuries on her. He said the police had investigated the matter and exonerated him of alny wrongdoing.

The embattled landlord told The Nation on telephone that Comfort injured herself when she made a fruitless attempt to hit him with one of her hands.

READ ALSO: Put An End To Gas Flaring, University Don Tells Petroleum Engineers

‘’Police have investigated the matter and found out that it was not true. Comfort’s daughter and another girl whose mother lives in the neighborhood  ganged up to harass my daughter on her way to school. I warned her and the other woman to reprimand their daughters and she suddenly held my dress and attacked me.

‘’ I did not beat her. The wounds on her hand were as a result of the attack she launched on me. She wanted to hit me with her hands but I dodged  and she landed one of the hands on a plank used to erect a shop extension at the scene.’’

He added, ‘’ I gave his husband a quit notice months ago and he tore the notice in my presence; even the community leaders.

(NATION)

PHOTO: File

Advertisement
Comments

Metro

27 Year Old Kills Father, Removes His Eye In Abia

Published

on

By

A 27-year-old man, identified as Chinalu Ogbonna, has allegedly killed his father, Maduka Ogbonna, and removed his left eye.

Vanguard gathered that the incident happened at midnight on Monday at a compound opposite Junior Secondary School, Amuzukwu in Umuahia North council.

READ ALSO: Cooking Gas Price Rises By 38% To N16,250

Though the cause of the incident is still sketchy, Vanguard learnt that the suspect who was arrested by the youths of the area confessed to have wanted to use his father for ritual.

Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Abia State Command, ASP Maureen Chinaka,was yet to respond to a text message and calls placed on her mobile number.

Continue Reading

Metro

Troops Rescue 10 Kidnap Victims In Kogi

Published

on

By

Troops of the Nigerian Army on Monday, rescued 10 passengers onboard a Peace Mass Transit Bus, who were kidnapped while traveling from Calabar to Abuja.

The passengers were rescued in Kogi.

This is contained in a statement by the Director, Army Public relations, Maj.-Gen. Onyema Nwachukwu, on Tuesday in Abuja.

Nwachukwu said the rescue operation took place at Ogugu Community, along Enugu-Kogi Road in Olamaboro Local Government Area of the state.

He said the troops swiftly mobilised to the scene of the kidnap incident in response to a distress call where the kidnappers had demobilised the bus, abducted the passengers and moved them into the nearby Ette forest.

READ ALSO: JUST IN: One Missing, 15 Rescued In Boat Accident 

According to him, the gallant troops diligently tracked and engaged the armed gang in a fire fight, compelling them to relinquish their hostages.

“The swift and decisive action of the troops led to the successful rescue of the passengers,” he said.

Nwachukwu also said that army troops, in another operation, raided IPOB/ESN Enclaves in Egbuoma/Osiam in Oguta Local Government Area of Imo on Monday.

He said the operation resulted in the neutralisation of one terrorist and recovery of one Mercedes Benz 350 4matic from their camp.

The Army spokesman said the troops in Nasarawa on Monday, quelled an attack on Katakpa village in Toto Local Government Area of the state, following a distress call.

READ ALSO: Rescued Ekiti Kidnapped Schoolchildren, Teachers Discharged From Hospital

He said that an armed group identified as the Bassa militia group had invaded the village and annihilated the Sarkin Katakpa.

According to him, the troops acting on a distress call, embarked on a fighting patrol to the community and successfully repelled the attackers.

“During the incident, troops recovered two AK 47 Rifles, two AK 47 Magazines, two G3 Rifles, two G3 Rifle Magazines, 41 Cartridges of 39mm ball special ammunition and 45 rounds of 7.62mm ammunition.

“Troops have dominated the general area and continued further exploits to nab the assailants.

“The Nigerian army remains committed to ensuring safety and security of citizens and will continue to conduct operations to sanitise troubled areas and maintain peace and stability in the country,” he added.

Continue Reading

Metro

Six Dead, 20 Injured In Anambra Building Collapse

Published

on

By

The Anambra State Emergency Management Agency has confirmed the death of six people in the building collapse incident that occurred in the commercial city of Onitsha on Monday.

According to the agency, about 20 other people were rescued from the rubbles of the collapsed building. Most of them sustained various levels of injuries and are currently receiving treatment at a nearby hospital around the market.

“About six bodies recovered from the rubbles have been deposited at the morgue, while those who sustained varying degrees of injuries were taken to the nearby hospital for medical attention, rescue efforts are still ongoing,” SEMA officials said in a statement released on Tuesday.

READ ALSO: JUST IN: Tinubu Sets Up Tripartite Economic Advisory C’ttee

The Anambra State Governor, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo has visited the Ochanje building site in the commercial city of Onitsha to inspect the extent of damages and cause of the incident.

While at the scene, the governor promised that he would ensure that the victims of the collapsed building receive justice.

The collapsed three-storey building still under construction, which was meant to serve as a market on completion, collapsed at about 8 pm on Monday, while some of the workers and traders were still in the building.

Soludo who was visibly angry at the scene said he was not aware that the construction of the building was going on at the market.

READ ALSO: PHOTOS: Three-storey Building Collapses In Lagos During Downpour

He said, “When investigations are completed, the developer, the Chairman of the market and every other person involved in the disaster will be prosecuted and jailed.

“The remaining building under construction by the same developer, near the collapsed one will be demolished immediately after rescue operations on the site have been completed.”

Soludo also stated that any construction in any market in Anambra State without his express approval will be demolished while vowing that every other existing building must pass through an integrity test.

Also, the Commissioner for Special Duties, Beverly Ikpeazu-Nkemdiche also mourned the victims of the collapse and assured the families that the state government would make sure that no one who was culpable in the disaster went unpunished.

READ ALSO: Flood: Many Feared Dead As Church Building Collapses During Service In Anambra

The governor was joined on the visit by top government officials, where he ordered that more excavators be brought to the site of the collapse to help in the rescue operations.

As of the time of filing this report, rescue operations were still ongoing to search for more trapped victims in the rubble.

Earlier today, some yet-to-be-ascertained number of persons have been trapped as a building under construction caved in near the Ochanja market in Onitsha, Anambra State.

It was gathered that the building, meant to serve as a market on completion, collapsed at about 8 pm on Monday with some of the workers still inside the building.

The situation created panic around the area as passers-by and residents were making efforts to rescue the trapped victims from the rubble.

Continue Reading

Trending