Connect with us

News

NCAA Stops Fuji Star K1 De Ultimate From Flying For Six Months

Published

on

‎‎The Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority has said popular Fuji musician, Wasiu Ayinde, also known as K1 de Ultimate, will be blacklisted from flying within Nigeria for six months over alleged misconduct at the domestic terminal of the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.

‎The Director of Public Affairs and Consumer Protection at the NCAA, Michael Achimugu, disclosed this on Thursday during a press briefing.

Advertisement

‎“What I must assure the general public is that everybody involved in this will be brought to book.

‎“As we speak, the passenger is going to be blacklisted for the next six months flying in Nigeria,” he said.

‎Achimugu added that aviation rules are global and made for the safety of all, stressing that no individual would be exempt from accountability.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:[VIDEO] Kwam 1’s Airport Drama: FAAN Accuses Fuji Star Of Alcohol Violation

‎‎“So, we will do everything we can to get to the root of it. Everybody who needs to be punished or sanctioned will receive justice,” he added.

‎He further revealed that the agency was writing to the Attorney General of the Federation and the Inspector General of Police to initiate legal proceedings against the musician.

Advertisement

‎When asked whether Ayinde would be spared prosecution due to his close ties with President Bola Tinubu, Achimugu said both Tinubu and the Minister of Aviation and Aerospace Development, Festus Keyamo, were committed to upholding the rule of law.

Meanwhile, the Minister of Aviation and Aerospace Development, Festus Keyamo, has directed that K1 be placed on a no-fly list pending the outcome of an investigation into the incident.

In a post on his official X account on Thursday, Keyamo said he had reviewed reports and video footage from relevant aviation agencies and concluded that both the musician and the aircraft crew acted in ways that breached safety protocols.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:Watch Video Of Fuji Musician, Kwam1 That Has Cause Online Debate

I have received reports from all the relevant Aviation agencies regarding the altercation between the staff and crew of ValueJet and Kwam 1 at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, on Tuesday, August 7, 2025. I have also received video footage of the incident.

“From all the details so far received, my preliminary impression is that it was obviously a case of temporary loss of sanity and control on both sides, which could have led to serious fatalities,” the minister said.

Advertisement

Keyamo added that the action was “akin to a hostage situation,” warning that no one, including celebrities, would be allowed to act with impunity.

He added, “Contrary to what the agents of Kwam 1 has said, he CONSTANTLY moved his position on the tarmac to ACTUALLY BLOCK the aircraft from taxiing to take position on the runway for take-off. This is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE behaviour. The issue of whether he was carrying water or alcohol is not even in issue at this point.

“It is the physical blockage of the aircraft from taxiing that is the reprehensible conduct here which akin to a hostage situation.”

Advertisement

He also questioned why only the pilot and captain had been sanctioned, stating that “what applies to the goose must also apply to the gander.”

READ ALSO:My Daughter’s Lover Married Her Without My Consent, 74-yr-old Man Tells Court

In the circumstance, I have also directed the NCAA to place KWAM 1 on a no-fly list pending further and full investigation, just like the captain and pilot.

Advertisement

“All airlines, both domestic and international should immediately be informed of this directive and anyone who flouts this directive risk withdrawal of their operating licence,” the statement concluded.

The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria had earlier confirmed it was investigating K1 de Ultimate over an alleged violation of aviation security protocols at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.

In a statement on Wednesday, FAAN said the incident occurred during boarding procedures for a ValueJet Airlines flight (VK 201) to Lagos on Monday, August 5.

Advertisement

The musician was accused of attempting to carry an unidentified liquid substance onboard despite repeated warnings from aviation security personnel and the flight captain.

FAAN explained that the item in question, a flask, contained liquid beyond the 100ml limit permitted under international aviation security regulations.

READ ALSO:Saraki Heads Seven-member PDP Reconciliation Committee

Advertisement

Tensions reportedly escalated when the musician refused further screening and spilled the contents of the flask, later confirmed to be alcohol, on a security officer.

However, the musician denied wrongdoing, describing the reports as exaggerated and misleading.

In a statement issued by his media aide, Kunle Rasheed, K1 maintained that the flask contained plain drinking water given to him at the airport lounge and that he made respectful efforts to clarify the matter before it was unnecessarily escalated.

Advertisement

The statement dismissed claims that he blocked the aircraft or threatened safety procedures, insisting the singer remained calm throughout the encounter and never acted in a manner that endangered lives.

It also alleged that senior airport officials and airline executives reached out personally to apologise over the misunderstanding, even offering a private jet to fly him to Lagos at no cost.

We urge the media and the public to avoid sensationalism and allow the truth — not assumptions — to guide their judgment. K1 remains a law-abiding citizen and continues to cooperate fully with all relevant authorities to ensure that the matter is responsibly resolved,” the statement read.

Advertisement

News

Shock As Adeleke Employs Roadside puff-puff Hawker As Govt House Chef

Published

on

Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, on Thursday shocked a female puff-puff seller during a rally in Osogbo by buying all her snacks with ₦50,000 and offering her employment as a chef at the Government House.

This happened when Osun public servants trooped out in their thousands in what they called an appreciation solidarity rally in support of the governor for his support and care since he took over state governance.

Advertisement

It was observed that the governor, who sat in the bus, had sighted the woman who was among the crowd cheering him.

He immediately beckoned to the woman carrying a plastic container filled with puff-puff on her head and asked how much it would cost to buy all the snacks.

READ ALSO:Adeleke Flies To US For Davido’s Wedding

Advertisement

The female hawker, who was visibly surprised and star-struck at the level of her proximity to the governor, found it difficult to even tell the governor how much she sold the snacks.

Surprisingly, Adeleke handed her a bundle of ₦50,000 to the cheers of the crowd.

The lucky woman knelt down in appreciation of the governor’s generosity.

Advertisement

Excited onlookers quickly rushed to share the snacks in the plastic already purchased by the governor.

READ ALSO:Tinubu Hosts Gov Adeleke, Deji Adeleke, Davido In Lagos

The governor invited the vendor inside the vehicle where one of his officials questioned her academic background, and she revealed that she holds a Nigerian Certificate in Education.

Advertisement

Adeleke further asked about the dishes she could prepare and instructed his aides to take her contact details for employment as a chef in the Government House.

Confirming the development, the Commissioner II at the Osun State Civil Service Commission, Olaniyan Taofeek, shared the video on X (formerly Twitter), writing: “The moment Gov. Adeleke turned the life of a puff-puff seller into a Government House chef.”

READ ALSO:It’s Like He Came Back – Davido Discloses Son’s Resemblance To Late Ifeanyi Adeleke

Advertisement

A Special Assistant to the Governor on Digital Media, Oni Gbenga Lawrence, also corroborated the incident in a post on X, stating: “Moment Governor Ademola Adeleke turned the life of a puff-puff seller to Government Chef… not only ₦50k but he invited her into his car and employed her as chef in the Government House.”

The Guardian correspondent, who was at the scene of the welcome rally, made efforts to interview the lucky vendor, but they did not yield as she was not allowed to alight from the bus throughout the event.
(The Guardian)

Advertisement
Continue Reading

News

Katsina Govt Revokes Licenses Of All Private, Community Schools

Published

on

The Katsina State Government has withdrawn the operating licenses of all private and community schools in the state, with effect from August 13, 2025.

The announcement came through a circular issued by the Ministry of Basic and Secondary Education and signed by Commissioner Hajiya Zainab Musa-Musawa.

Advertisement

The ministry’s Public Relations Officer, Malam Sani Danjuma, released the document in Katsina on Saturday.

READ ALSO:JUST IN: Kastina Commissioner Assassinated

According to the circular, the move is part of the government’s effort to strengthen quality assurance and standardization within the education sector.

Advertisement

The withdrawal of licenses is aimed at ensuring that schools operate in line with approved standards and provide quality education to students,” Danjuma said.

The circular also outlined a review of fees for license application, registration, and annual renewal.

READ ALSO:Katsina, UNDP To Return 270,000 IDPs To Ancestral Homes

Advertisement

“Owners of affected schools are required to obtain fresh licenses by submitting proof of payment to the ministry on or before September 30, 2025.”

The statement also added that school operators have been warned not to increase tuition or other charges without government approval.

The ministry further promised to issue additional guidelines soon, including categorization of schools and the revised fee structure.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

News

JUST IN: Oldest Missionary To Nigeria, Ruth Elton, Is Dead

Published

on

British-born Nigerian missionary, Ruth Elton, reputed to be the oldest missionary has passed on at the age of 91.

Ruth Elton, born 7 September 1933, was a British-born Nigerian missionary whose lifelong dedication to faith, healing, and revival left an indelible mark on communities across western and central Nigeria.

Advertisement

It was learnt that Elton died on Saturday at Sharon compound, Alafia Bamin Quarters in Ilesa, Osun State.

She was the only daughter of Pa Elton and her remains have been deposited at the mortuary.

READ ALSO: BREAKING: Former Customs Comptroller-General, Ahmed Aliyu Mustapha, Is Dead

Advertisement

Ruth Elton, daughter of Sydney Granville Elton (Pa Elton), who is referred to as one of the founding fathers of Pentecostalism in Nigeria, had approached a Kaduna court and nationalised as a Nigerian.

At old age and despite the happenings in Nigeria, she still held in high esteem her father’s prophecies that although Nigeria could be known globally for corruption, it would only for a while as new dawn would beckon when the country would be known worldwide for righteousness and prosperity.

Elton moved to Nigeria in 1937 with her parents and served as a Christian missionary across Egbe, Okene, Koton Karfe, and other parts of Kogi, Ondo, Oyo, and Osun States.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: Viral TV Judge Frank Caprio Is Dead

A naturalised Nigerian, having renounced her British citizenship in the 1970s, she embraced the country completely and became fluent in Ebira and Yoruba.

Elton, who remained single, believed that she had made a true mark in the country and apart from her missionary work, she saw her efforts in taming infant mortality, especially in Okene, Kogi State as a generational impact.

Advertisement

Relating her experience on infant mortality in the country, Elton recently noted that many newborn babies had passed on due to lack of proper care and hygiene, adding that the practice of force-feeding babies contributed to the challenges, especially in the face of poor awareness.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending