Connect with us

News

NYSC Member Inaugurates Block Of Classrooms Worth N3.5m In Bauchi

Published

on

A member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in Bauchi state, Miss Rahila Garba, has constructed and inaugurated a block of two classrooms in Gudun Hausawa Primary School, a suburb of Bauchi metropolis worth N3.5 million.

Speaking during the inauguration of the project on Tuesday, the corps member, who was serving in the Office of the Bauchi State Head of Civil Service, said that the project was part of her community Development Service, adding that it was solely financed by Habibu Engineering Nigeria Limited.

Advertisement

According to her, the idea to embark on such a project was borne out of her eagerness to visit some schools and find out how conducive the pupils are while in class and to make an impact on their lives.

She said the Gudun Hausawa Primary School caught her attention when she visited the school and realised that the already existing structure was dilapidated while the pupils were sitting under the tree.

READ ALSO: NYSC Deploys 1,689 Prospective Corps Members To Bauchi

Advertisement

“It was this horrible experience that gave birth to the idea for the construction of additional classrooms, though at first, it was not an easy one to bring this idea to life considering my financial status.

“But because I was determined and so passionate to see that this project is put to life, I decided to make some consultations of what it will cost for the construction of the entire project and I began to shuttle here and there seeking for approval and doing some paperworks.

“Finally, I got the approval of the Habibu Engineering Nigeria Limited for sponsorship. I am proudly saying that this project today is completed and it will be officially commissioned to commence class activities here.

Advertisement

“I believe education is the key to every development in our homes, communities and the nation at large irrespective of our cultures, religion and tribes,” she said.

READ ALSO: You Are Job Creators, Not Jobseekers, Gov. Mohammed To NYSC Members

She however, called on the state government and well to do individuals to help in providing the school with chairs and other furniture.

Advertisement

Also speaking, Mr Salmanu Baba, the Public Relations Officer, Habibu Engineering Nigeria Limited, said the project, which was estimated at about N3.5 million was completed within 39 days.

“When she approached the organisation, she was asked about her financial capacity and she said she only had promises from other people.

“We decided to involve the community by tasking them to only provide us with the sand that would be used because we need to see their own commitment to the project too,” he said.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: NYSC Excites Bauchi Community With Medical Outreach

The Bauchi state Coordinator of NYSC, Mrs Rifkatu Yakubu, said corps members had been encouraged by the scheme to integrate with their host communities so as to find out their challenges and proffer solutions where necessary.

She said this was what corps member Garba did by finding out the first need of the community and decided to take up the challenge.

Advertisement

The state Coordinator also called on other corps members serving across the country to always embark on both personal and group community development projects that would impact positively on the lives of their host communities.

In her response, the Caretaker Chairperson of Bauchi local government, Mrs Zainab Baba-Takko, lauded Garba for embarking on the project and promised that the state government would commence renovation of other parts as well as provide the chairs as requested by her.

Advertisement

News

INEC CVR: CSO Expresses Worry Over Poor Deployment Of Machines, Manpower To LGs In Edo

Published

on

By Joseph Ebi Kanjo

Edo Civil Society Organisations (EDOCSO) has expressed worry over the poor deployment of capturing machines and manpower to Igueben Local Government Area of the state by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in the ongoing Ongoing Continuous Voters Registration (CVR).

Advertisement

The Coordinator, EDOCSO, Igueben Study Centre, Leftist Enabulele Larry, and Secretary, Leftist Mark Akande expressed the CSO sentiment when the duo visited the INEC headquarters in Igueben where the CBR in the local government is taking place.

In a statement made available to INFO DAILY on Friday, the leadership of EDOCSO, Igueben Study Centre condemned the “use of only two capturing devices in a local government with over 69, 396 in population.”

READ ALSO:Things To Know As INEC Begins Physical Voter Registration Monday

Advertisement

The duo noted in the statement that their findings at the INEC headquarters revealed two capturing machines were deployed to each local government across the 18 local government areas of the state.

The civil society members said INEC excuse of deploying two capturing machines to each local government was not germane enough because many do not have a computer or android phone to do the online registration INEC gave as an excuse.

The question here is, what is the percentage of our people mostly the aged individuals, that have access to Android mobile and other internet gadgets in Edo state?

Advertisement

READ ALSO: ADC: Why INEC Has Not Recognised David Mark, Others

“How many people can afford internet data to enable them have access internet services in Edo state under the current excruciating economic pains by the people?

“How many of the Edo people can even manipulate the Android mobile phone to the extent of navigating the internet hurdles to undertake the job is INEC? If INEC is not ready for the job, they should tell Nigerians.

Advertisement

“If citizens are now advised to individually undertake the statutory job of INEC, of what purpose does the commission serve to the people? etc,” they said.

As at when filing this report, INFO DAILY was yet to get a reply from the message sent to the INEC in Edo for reaction.

 

Advertisement

Continue Reading

News

Edo Sports Commission Boss Celebrates Okpehbolo On Birthday

Published

on

The Executive Chairman of the Edo State Sports Commission, Hon. Amadin Desmond Enabulele, has felicated with Governor Monday Okpebholo, on the occasion of his birthday.

In a statement issued on Friday by his Media Officer, Edoko Wilson Edoko, Enabulele Okpebholo as a visionary leader whose dedication to the growth and development of the state has continued to inspire confidence and admiration across all sectors, especially sports.

Advertisement

Enabulele, who highlighted the governor’s unwavering commitment to youth empowerment through sports development, noted that under his leadership, Edo State has witnessed significant strides in grassroots sporting initiatives and infrastructure.

READ ALSO: Enabulele Confident Of Team Edo’s Success At 2025 NYG

His Excellency, Senator Monday Okpebholo, is not just a political leader but a beacon of hope for the younger generation.

Advertisement

“His passion for excellence and inclusive governance is evident in the way he has continued to support policies that uplift our youths and promote sporting excellence,” the statement read.

The Executive Chairman prayed for long life, good health, and continued wisdom for the governor as he steers the affairs of the state towards greater prosperity.

“On behalf of the entire Edo State Sports Commission, I extend our warmest birthday wishes to His Excellency at 55. May this new chapter of his life be filled with more accomplishments and divine grace,” he added.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

News

Oba Of Benin Suspends Palace Chiefs

Published

on

The Oba of Benin, Ewuare II, has suspended two of his chiefs for falling for dereliction of duties.

This was contained in a statement signed by the Secretary to the Benin Traditional Council (BTC), Frank Irabor and made available to journalists in Benin City.

Advertisement

He said their suspension was as a result of their long absence from the palace, resulting in their failure to carry out their palace responsibilities.

The suspended persons are: Chief John Igiehon, the Izuwako of Benin and chief Aimiukpomonyako Oghogho (Ebengho), the Oyenmwensoba of Benin.

READ ALSO: Oba Of Benin Suspends 67 Dukes

Advertisement

“The under-mentioned two (2) chiefs have been suspended from the Palace of the Oba of Benin.

“This is as a result of their long absence from the Palace, resulting in their failure to carry out their Palace responsibilities.

“The public is advised to be wary of unscrupulous chiefs that are no longer functioning in the Palace. His Royal Majesty has approved their _ Suspension and directed the public be duly informed. 

Advertisement

“The names of the chiefs are: – ; 1. CHIEF JOHN IGIEHON, THE IZUWAKO OF BENIN and, _ 2 CHIEF AIMIUKPOMONYAKO OGHOGHO (EBENGHO), THE OYENMWENSOBA OF BENIN”, the statement said.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending