Connect with us

Politics

PDP Spent Over 400bn On Presidential Election – Dino Melaye

Published

on

The Chief Spokesperson for the Atiku-Okowa presidential council, Senator Dino Melaye, has said the Peoples Democratic Party presidential campaign council spent over N400billion on their campaigns.

The spokesperson disclosed this in a video obtained by the PUNCH on Monday night.

In the one minute 45 seconds video, the Melaye said that the whole concept of redesigning the naira was a deception.

Advertisement

This is coming hours after the PDP leadership led by Senator Iyorchia Ayu, and other party chieftains stormed the headquarters of INEC to protest the declaration of the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Bola Tinubu, as the president-elect after the February 25, 2023 elections.

READ ALSO: 2023: You Cannot Promote, Sell Tinubu Without Looking Stupid – Dino Melaye

The PDP, Labour Party, and the New Nigeria Peoples Party rejected the election results describing the election as being marred by violence, rigging, lacking integrity by the non-uploading of the presidential results on the IRev portal in real time on the election day thereby calling for its cancellation among others.

Advertisement

The PDP had also lamented what it described as the irregularities recorded during the conduct of the elections.

Melaye further remarked that “to make sure that the mandate of the people given freely to Atiku Abubakar is retrieved, we spent over N400bn just for a caricature show. INEC deceived Nigerians.”

On the naira redesign, the spokesperson alleged that “because money was given to Bola Tinubu, the APC shared new notes on Election Day across the country and the PDP was starved of funds. Naira redesign was a ploy by INEC to deceive Nigerians.”

Advertisement

He also called on all PDP supporters, lovers of democracy all over the country not to allow this to stand.

 

Advertisement

Politics

Soludo Visits Tinubu, Goes Into Closed Door Session With President

Published

on

Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo, on Thursday, paid a courtesy visit to the President, Bola Tinubu, GCFR at the State House.

Report by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Soludo, Mr Chris Aburime stated that President Tinubu received the Anambra State Governor with excitement, describing him as his long standing friend of over 22 years.

Aburime said, “The President used the occasion to further congratulate Governor Soludo on his landslide victory in the just concluded Anambra gubernatorial election.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:UPDATED: INEC Declares Soludo Winner Of Anambra Guber Poll

Recall that President Tinubu had earlier issued a congratulatory message to Governor Soludo immediately the governorship election was concluded.”

Governor Soludo was declared winner with 73% of the votes cast by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Other details of the meeting were, however, not disclosed as the press Secretary told DAILY POST that both men went into a closed door meeting after the reception.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Politics

2027: I Will Resign If Tinubu Loses In Edo – Governor Okpebholo

Published

on

Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholor has vowed that President Bola Tinubu will win the 2027 presidential election in Edo State.

Okpebholor in an interview captured in a viral video vowed to resign if the outcome of the 2027 election does not favour the president in Edo State.

According to him, the entire people in Edo State are ready to vote for the president, citing projects that his (Okpebholor) administration executed since the All Progressives Congress, APC took over the state.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:Okpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director

He claimed that there is no opposition in the state, stressing that everyone is supporting the ruling party ahead of the 2027 elections.

He said, “There is no opposition here in Edo everybody is for Asiwaju in this state.

Advertisement

“Tinubu is more popular than me in Edo state. If he doesn’t win the presidential election in Edo in 2027, I will resign.”

Continue Reading

Politics

JUST IN: El-Rufai Formally Joins ADC

Published

on

Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has formally joined the African Democratic Congress, ADC.

El-Rufai, a founding member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, left the party earlier this year for the Social Democratic Party, SDP.

READ ALSO:JUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa

Advertisement

In his resignation letter from the SDP, dated November 26, 2025, the former governor stated that his focus is on contributing to the strengthening of a unified democratic platform that can offer a credible political alternative to the people of Nigeria.

“I wish to notify that I have resigned my membership of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, effective 26 November, 2025,” he said.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending