Politics
Rivers Crisis: Why I Won’t Settle Rift With Fubara – Wike

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, has dismissed the likelihood of reconciling with Rivers State Governor Sim Fubara.
Wike criticised Fubara and his allies for failing to implement President Bola Tinubu’s directive issued during a peace meeting he convened.
Recall that in 2023, Fubara and Wike’s camp signed an eight-point peace agreement brokered by President Tinubu and other stakeholders at a crucial meeting in the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
However, the agreement collapsed, with Fubara claiming he was coerced into signing the deal with Wike’s camp.
During a media briefing in Abuja on Sunday, Wike remarked that Fubara and his allies should have gone back to President Bola Tinubu to clarify why they could not comply with the directives.
He said, “I’m wondering, what conflict to resolve? Mr President, in his wisdom, called all parties. He said, ‘This is the problem, and I want this problem to be resolved. Withdraw the impeachment notice. You go and do this; you go and do that. and everybody agreed with it.”
READ ALSO: Fubara Presents N1.188tn 2025 Budget To Rivers Assembly
“The Assembly withdrew the impeachment notice; you did one and two, and then you sent people to go to court. Elder, have you gone back to Mr President to tell him this assignment you gave us? We’ve done one and two, but we can’t do three and four. Mr President, can you call us back to see whether we can find a solution to three and four since one and two have been executed?
“I have never seen this in my life—for a president to call parties, and one party goes back and says it’s political, not binding and unconstitutional. Who does that?”
The conflict between Wike and Fubara began months after Fubara’s inauguration as governor, with the struggle allegedly centred on control of the state’s political resources.
‘I discovered Mercy Chinwo, never stole $345,000,’ embattled producer speaks
January 18, 2025
Politics
Soludo Visits Tinubu, Goes Into Closed Door Session With President

Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo, on Thursday, paid a courtesy visit to the President, Bola Tinubu, GCFR at the State House.
Report by the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Soludo, Mr Chris Aburime stated that President Tinubu received the Anambra State Governor with excitement, describing him as his long standing friend of over 22 years.
Aburime said, “The President used the occasion to further congratulate Governor Soludo on his landslide victory in the just concluded Anambra gubernatorial election.
READ ALSO:UPDATED: INEC Declares Soludo Winner Of Anambra Guber Poll
“Recall that President Tinubu had earlier issued a congratulatory message to Governor Soludo immediately the governorship election was concluded.”
Governor Soludo was declared winner with 73% of the votes cast by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
Other details of the meeting were, however, not disclosed as the press Secretary told DAILY POST that both men went into a closed door meeting after the reception.
Politics
2027: I Will Resign If Tinubu Loses In Edo – Governor Okpebholo

Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholor has vowed that President Bola Tinubu will win the 2027 presidential election in Edo State.
Okpebholor in an interview captured in a viral video vowed to resign if the outcome of the 2027 election does not favour the president in Edo State.
According to him, the entire people in Edo State are ready to vote for the president, citing projects that his (Okpebholor) administration executed since the All Progressives Congress, APC took over the state.
READ ALSO:Okpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director
He claimed that there is no opposition in the state, stressing that everyone is supporting the ruling party ahead of the 2027 elections.
He said, “There is no opposition here in Edo everybody is for Asiwaju in this state.
“Tinubu is more popular than me in Edo state. If he doesn’t win the presidential election in Edo in 2027, I will resign.”
Politics
JUST IN: El-Rufai Formally Joins ADC

Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has formally joined the African Democratic Congress, ADC.
El-Rufai, a founding member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, left the party earlier this year for the Social Democratic Party, SDP.
READ ALSO:JUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa
In his resignation letter from the SDP, dated November 26, 2025, the former governor stated that his focus is on contributing to the strengthening of a unified democratic platform that can offer a credible political alternative to the people of Nigeria.
“I wish to notify that I have resigned my membership of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, effective 26 November, 2025,” he said.
Metro3 days agoJUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
News5 days agoBREAKING: South-West Governors Hold Security Meeting In Ibadan
News5 days agoN6trn: Court Orders Tinubu To Publish NDDC Audit Report, Name Indicted Officials
News5 days agoArmy Releases List Of Shortlisted Candidates For SSC Course
News5 days agoJimmy Cliff, Jamaican Reggae Legend, Cultural Icon, Is Dead
Politics5 days agoJUST IN: Atiku Officially Joins ADC, Registers With Party In Adamawa
News2 days agoBREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
News3 days agoHow To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
Headline2 days agoCoup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire
Metro4 days agoBandits Claim Kebbi, Niger Abductions, Vow More Attacks On Soldiers, Politicians [VIDEO]















