Metro
Rivers Police Arrest Man Wanted By EFCC For Four Years

Men of the Rivers State Police Command have arrested a suspect, Joel Okodi, who has been on the run after being declared wanted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission years ago.
Okodi, popularly known as ‘Chief’, was a resident at No.21, Abak Road Ikot-Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State.
It was gathered that he allegedly fraudulently collected the sum of N50 million from one Chief Okosisi and was arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission after the case was reported.
While the fraud case was being investigated, he persuaded another victim, Mr Ochulor Okeokwu, to stand as surety in the case.
READ ALSO: Court Delivers Judgment On Rivers Assembly, Fubara Suit Monday
To secure the suspect’s release, Mr Okeokwu unsuspectingly tendered his house documents worth N50 million as collateral at the Port Harcourt Zonal Office of the EFCC.
However, the suspect refused to turn up for investigations at the EFCC office and was nowhere to be found, even as he was evading several telephone calls.
The Rivers State Police Public Relations Officer, Grace Iringe-Koko, who confirmed the arrest to newsmen in a statement in Port Harcourt on Sunday, said on the few occasions the suspect was reached by telephone, he violently threatened Mr. Okeokwu to stop calling him.
Iringe-Koko said Mr Okeokwu then proceeded to send a petition to the Inspector General of Police, who approved and forwarded it to the Rivers State Commissioner of Police, Olatunji Disu, who immediately mandated men of Operation Sting to ensure that the suspect was arrested.
READ ALSO: Danfo Driver Crushes Okada Passenger To Death; Rider Injured In Lagos
The statement read, “The operatives of the Rivers State Police Command then proceeded to carry out thorough Investigation and diligent finding to ascertain the location of the suspect as somewhere in Ajegunle Apapa in Lagos where he had been in hiding all these years.
“The operatives then submitted relevant policing documents, mobilised, and went to Lagos to carry out the arrest on 18/1/2024 at about 2034hrs at Ajegunle in Lagos.”
While noting that the coordinated efforts that led to the arrest are a testament that there is no hiding place for criminals, Iringe-Koko, a Superintendent of Police said, “The case is currently being handled by the EFCC”.
According to her, the State Commissioner of Police, Olatunji Disu, urged members of the public to be mindful of people they want to stand surety for, adding that the command under his watch will make the state too hot for criminal elements.
Metro
Kwara Traditional Ruler Kidnapped On His Farm

Gunmen have reportedly abducted a traditional ruler in Bayagan community in the Ifelodun Local Government Area of Kwara State, Ojibara of Bayagan Oba Kamilu Salami, on Saturday.
It was gathered that the traditional ruler was kidnapped Saturday morning on his farm, while details of the incident were still sketchy.
READ ALSO:JUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
Eyewitness disclosed that the attack happened suddenly and left the community in apprehension and confusion. Meanwhile, the incident had triggered fresh concerns over cases of insecurity across the country.
The Kwara State Police command was yet to confirm the incident as at when filing this report.
Metro
Sokoto Police Arrest Suspected Cultists, Uncover WhatsApp Recruitment Channel

The Sokoto State Police Command has arrested three suspected members of the notorious “Sai Malam” cult group, believed to be behind rising criminal activities in parts of the state.
The suspects, including the alleged gang leader Usman Shu’aibu, were apprehended on Friday during an intelligence-led operation executed by the command’s Anti-Kidnapping Unit.
According to the Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Ahmad Rufa’i, the suspects confessed to being initiated into the group through a private WhatsApp platform called Red Chamber.
The police noted that further investigation discovered the social media channel was created to recruit unsuspecting youths into criminal activities.
READ ALSO:Police Crack Down On Criminal Network In Delta Community, Recover AK-47
These, according to the statement, include ritual practices, the pursuit of supposed demonic powers, acts of homosexuality, and violent thuggery.
The police warned parents to closely monitor their children’s online activities closely, noting that criminal groups are increasingly exploiting digital platforms to lure vulnerable youths.
Commissioner of Police, Ahmed Musa, said the arrests respond directly to public concerns about the group’s operations, adding that efforts are ongoing to track other fleeing members.
He assured residents of the command’s commitment to sustaining intelligence-driven policing and safeguarding lives and property across the state.
READ ALSO:Hoodlums Stab Police Officer To Death In Ondo
In other news, two persons suspected to be hoodlums have been arrested by the operatives of the Ondo State Police Command for allegedly stabbing a police officer to death in Akure, the state capital.
The suspects, identified as Shina Jacob, 25, and Felix Olalekan, 32, allegedly attacked the police inspector during an altercation at Oke-Arata within Arakale axis.
The killing of the police officer came a few days after a personnel of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) was stabbed to death by a mentally unstable man in Oba-Ile area of Akure.
According to sources, after the inspector, who was recently transferred from the Anti-Cultism Unit to B-Division, was stabbed, the area was thrown into a state of panic as residents and traders hurriedly fled.
READ ALSO:Police Arrest 26 Over Fake Currency, Adulterated Diesel In Lagos
While confirming the incident, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Olayinka Ayanlade, disclosed that the officer was rushed to the hospital after he was stabbed but gave up the ghost while receiving treatment.
“An altercation ensued between the officer and some recalcitrant individuals, during which the officer was tragically stabbed. This unfortunate event triggered an immediate and coordinated police response.
“Acting swiftly, the Commissioner of Police deployed a team of operatives to the scene, resulting in the arrest of two suspects directly connected to the incident. They include Shina Jacob ‘m’ aged 25 years and Felix Olalekan ‘m’ aged 32 years.
“The injured officer was also rescued and rushed to the hospital; however, despite all efforts, the police inspector sadly passed away while receiving treatment. The follow-up operation conducted last night formed part of the Command’s sustained and strategic efforts to rid the state of violent criminal elements and prevent further breaches of public safety,” Ayanlade stated.”
Metro
Army, Air Force Crush ISWAP Fighters After Failed Chibok Attack

Troops of the 28 Task Force Brigade, Sector 4 Operation Hadin Kai, on Saturday stopped a major attack by ISWAP/Boko Haram fighters in Chibok, Borno State, before the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) moved in with airstrikes that killed many of the fleeing terrorists.
The report was contained in a post shared on X by security analyst Zagazola Makama.
According to the update, more than 300 terrorists launched a coordinated assault on Chibok around 3:00 a.m., attempting to break through military defensive positions.
Soldiers responded immediately, engaging the attackers in a fierce gunfight that lasted about two hours.
READ ALSO:Army Releases List Of Shortlisted Candidates For SSC Course
A security source quoted in the post said the troops acted swiftly and professionally.
“There was no casualty on our side, and no equipment was affected,” the source said.
As the terrorists began to retreat toward the Timbuktu Triangle, ground troops called for air support.
NAF combat aircraft were deployed to the route used by the fleeing fighters.
READ ALSO:NAF Redeploys 25 Senior Officers
The airstrikes, guided by intelligence from the troops on the ground, hit several clusters of terrorists trying to escape.
Multiple waves of strikes were carried out, with both manned aircraft and an unmanned aerial platform targeting groups of fighters dispersing into the forest.
According to Makama, the combined efforts of the Army and the Air Force dealt heavy blows to the attackers, preventing them from regrouping after the failed offensive.
Metro5 days agoJUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
News4 days agoHow To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
News4 days agoBREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
Metro3 days agoJUST IN: One Dead As Ngige Escapes Assassination
Headline4 days agoCoup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire
News3 days agoGuinea-Bissau Coup: FG Gives Update On Ex-President Jonathan
Metro3 days agoBREAKING: Bandits Abduct Teenage Boy, Six Girls From FCT Community
News3 days agoOkpebholo Fires EDOGIS Managing Director
News4 days agoTinubu Appoints Non-Career Ambassadors For US, UK, France
Politics5 days agoCrack In Edo APC As Group Accuses Party Chieftain Of Acting Opposition’s Script














