Connect with us

Metro

Security Guard Kills Employer’s Wife, Leaves Husband In Coma

Published

on

A security guard at the Lugbe Area of the Federal Capital Territory on Saturday, June 13, killed his boss’s wife with an axe and a knife and left his boss in coma at the National hospital, Abuja.

Mr. Joseph Nicholas, Treasurer, Landlords/Tenants Association, Phase 2, AMAC Housing Estate, disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), in Abuja on Tuesday.

Advertisement

Nicholas said that the unfortunate incident happened on Saturday night.

He described the victim, Mr Ralph Wilcox, a retired Director at the Federal Ministry of Information, and his wife as extremely peaceful people who lived alone with their security guard.

He said that the assailant (security guard) inflicted serious bodily and life threatening injuries on his victims, thereby causing the death of Mrs Wilcox.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: Obaseki’s Certificate: AAU VC Refutes Social Media Report, Says ‘I Never Called It Fake’

He said that her remains had been deposited at the Gwagwalada specialist hospital morgue.

The security guard, who confessed to the crime, said that he killed Mrs. Wilcox while the husband was away.

Advertisement

He, thereafter, awaited the return of the husband from his outing to “complete his job” by trying to kill him.

“Upon arrival of Wilcox’s from his outing around 8.00 pm, the gateman attacked him with sharp axe which he previously used to hack Mrs. Wilcox to death.

“Wilcox fell down and pretended as if he was dead, the gateman went to their apartment and ransacked whatever he could lay his hands on.

Advertisement

”While he was inside their apartment, Wilcox was able to escape from his compound to the main street, were he was calling for help, blood was gushing over his body and he was losing strength.

READ ALSO: Just In: Edo Guber: Obaseki, Deputy, Entire APC Structure To Join PDP-Chairman

”One incoming car saw Wilcox lain in his pool of his blood on Port Harcourt street and immediately zoomed back thinking it was an armed robbery attack.

Advertisement

”He went to the main gate to draw the attention of vigilantes, who followed him to where the man was lain in his pool of blood.

”In an attempt to find out what happened to him, the same assailant drove Wilcox’s SUV car out of their compound straight to where the man was and carried him to the National Hospital,” he said.

Nicholas further explained that it was a member of the association working at the National hospital that contacted the association that Wilcox’s security guard brought him to the hospital.

Advertisement

”When we (Association exco) got the information of his location, we immediately went to the hospital with a policeman.

”As we alighted from our cars the assiailant was almost making his way out of the hospital before we promptly stopped him.

READ ALSO: Tragedy As Baby Falls from Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies

Advertisement

”Questions upon questions were hurled at him and from there he became the primary suspect.

”We left national hospital with the number one suspect back to the crime scene around 4:36am on Sunday June 14.

”The standby policemen further threw questions at him and from there he confessed to the crime.

Advertisement

”Mr Wilcox is recuperating from his injuries at the hospital and we have been making several visits to him and his family members have been contacted.

“Higher authorities have taken over the case,” he said.

A Police Officer who also confirmed the incident but did not want his name mentioned said that the security guard must have been planning the crime for a long time because he felt no remorse about it.

Advertisement

He said that the security guard took the police to where he threw the weapons (axe and knife) he used to commit the crime.

He also added that the police did not apply force on the security guard for him to confess to the crime, as he did so willingly on his own.

READ ALSO: ‘I Was Misquoted, 51 Medical Personnel Not Medical Officers Test Positive For COVID-19 In Bauchi’, Says Mohammed

Advertisement

NAN called DSP Anjuguri Manzah, the FCT Police Command’s Public Relations Officer (PPRO), and he confirmed the incident saying that the police were carrying out further investigations.

(NAN/NATION)

(Photo:File)

Advertisement

Advertisement
Comments

Metro

Truck Crushes Man Rushing For Jumu’ah Prayers In Rivers

Published

on

A trailer loaded with goods has crushed a Muslim faithful rushing for Friday prayers to death in Port Harcourt.

According to Vanguard, the tragic incident happened on the ever-busy Nkpolu junction axis of the East-West road, Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of Rivers State, around 2:05 pm.

Advertisement

It was gathered that the victim was crossing the busy road when a black SUV on speed knocked him down and that the truck, which was on high speed, crushed him to death.

READ ALSO:US Struck Iran With B-2 Bombers, Submarine-launched Missiles – Top US General

A source, who witnessed the incident, narrated that the young man was behind some of his Muslim brothers, who were also going for the Friday prayers, when the incident happened.

Advertisement

The source, who gave his name simply as Tunde, said the other worshipers had crossed, but that the victim, who did not observe the traffic very well before entering the road, was knocked down by the vehicle.

READ ALSO:Rivers Staff, Pensioners Audit Sparks Outrage

The source said that when the SUV brought him down, a trailer that was on the speed lane ran over him, dismembering the body beyond recognition.

Advertisement

However, the Muslim faithful who were with him took over the highway in protest until police operatives arrived at the scene.

Meanwhile, the police restored normalcy while the protesting Muslims took the remains for burial.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Metro

Three Killed As Suspected Bandits Ambush Motorists In Kwara

Published

on

Gunmen suspected to be Fulani bandits have allegedly launched a deadly attack on motorists along the Rore and Aranorin communities in Irepodun Local Government Area of Kwara State, leaving at least three people dead.

The incident, which occurred on Thursday, threw residents and travellers into a state of panic as news of the killings spread across the area.

Advertisement

In a video obtained by SaharaReporters, the victims were seen lying lifeless on the roadside, their bodies partially covered with clothing and leaves by sympathisers who arrived at the scene after the attackers had fled.

Eyewitnesses told SaharaReporters that the armed men, believed to be operating from hideouts in nearby forests, opened fire on the unsuspecting motorists in what appeared to be a coordinated ambush.

READ ALSO:INEC Fixes Voter Registration Resumption Dates For Anambra Election, Nationwide

Advertisement

It remains unclear whether the attackers also abducted any victims during the assault, as details were still emerging as of Friday morning.

The attack is the latest in a growing wave of violence that has gripped Kwara State’s Ifelodun and Irepodun local government areas in recent months.

Communities such as Babanla, Shegbe, Ologomo, Alabe, and Oreke in Ifelodun Local Government have faced repeated attacks, forcing hundreds of residents to flee their ancestral homes.

Advertisement

Many victims have been kidnapped for ransom, while others have been killed in similar raids.

READ ALSO:27 Feared Dead In Kwara Boat Mishap

Residents expressed fears that the violence could escalate further unless urgent security measures are taken.

Advertisement

Some community leaders have called on both the state and federal governments to deploy more security personnel to the affected areas, noting that many villages have been left vulnerable as attacks continue unabated.

As of the time of filing this report, the Kwara State Police Command had yet to release an official statement on the incident.

However, sources indicate that security operatives have been mobilised to the area to prevent further violence and reassure residents.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:Why Portable Was Remanded In Kwara Prison Revealed

On August 24, 2025, SaharaReporters reported that hours after Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq visited Babanla community in Ifelodun Local Government Area to reassure residents of improved security, suspected bandits abducted two people in the area.

The governor visited the area to reassure residents and restore a sense of security amid ongoing fears of banditry and kidnappings.

Advertisement

However, the criminals struck soon after his departure, highlighting the persistent threat and heightening tension in the community.

The incident reportedly threw residents into fresh panic despite earlier promises of tighter security measures.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Metro

Suspected Amasiri Warriors Invade Ebonyi Community, Behead Farmer Amid Land Dispute

Published

on

Tragedy struck on Tuesday, August 26, at Okporojo Idima, Oso Edda in the Edda Local Government Area of Ebonyi State, as armed warriors from neighbouring Amasiri community reportedly invaded the farmland of one Mr. Dike Nnachi, beheaded him, and took his head away as a trophy.

The attack marks a continuation of violent hostilities in the area, coming barely four months after the April invasion in which at least four people, including a pregnant woman and her 12-year-old son, were brutally killed.

Advertisement

That incident also left property worth millions of naira destroyed.

Residents told reporters that the latest killing has deepened fears across Oso Edda, as locals now question the effectiveness of the state government’s ongoing peace efforts.

READ ALSO:Two Die As Mining Pit Collapses In Ebonyi

Advertisement

The Governor of Ebonyi State, Francis Nwifuru, had, through the Ministry of Border Peace and Conflict Resolution, initiated dialogue between warring communities to stem the tide of violence.

However, Tuesday’s bloodshed is seen as a direct challenge to those peace moves.

Community leaders have called for urgent intervention, warning that unless decisive action is taken, the violence could escalate further, leaving more lives and property in jeopardy.

Advertisement

In April, renewed violence broke out over a longstanding land dispute between Ndukwe community in Amasiri, Afikpo Local Government Area, and Okporojo in Edda Local Government Area of the state.

READ ALSO:Radio Station Suspends GM For Criticising Ebonyi Gov

The hostilities left houses and properties worth millions of naira destroyed, as attackers, reportedly from Amasiri, launched assaults on Okporojo.

Advertisement

The worsening security situation forced many residents of Edda to abandon the Amasiri road, opting instead to travel through Afikpo town due to fear of further attacks.

Although previous administrations attempted to resolve the crisis, including the release of a white paper based on a government committee’s recommendations, implementation has reportedly stalled, allowing the conflict to fester and violence to recur.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending