Entertainment
VIDEO: Funeral Rites For Late Nollywood Actor Mr Ibu Begin In Enugu

The late Nollywood actor, John Okafor, popularly known as Mr. Ibu, will be laid to rest on Friday, June 28, in his hometown of Amuri, Nkanu West Local Government Area of Enugu State.
Videos circulating on social media on Friday reveal the arrival of his body as family, friends, and colleagues gather to bid him a final farewell.
A night of tribute was held in his honour on Wednesday, in Enugu State, with fellow actors Charles Anwurum and Victor Osuagwu, among those who paid their last respects.
Earlier this month, The PUNCH reported that the Actors Guild of Nigeria held a candlelight procession to pay tribute to Mr. Ibu and other deceased actors at Unity Fountain in Abuja.
READ ALSO: Mr Ibu: 5 Unforgettable Movies Of The Legendary Actor
A novelty football match was also organised by Rangers International Football Club and celebrities, among others, to honour Mr. Ibu.
The actor died on March 2, 2024, after a prolonged sickness.
In October 2023, Mr. Ibu revealed his struggle with diabetes. A month later, his leg was amputated after enduring seven surgeries.
Watch videos here
Video: Funeral rites for late Nollywood actor Mr Ibu begin in Enugu
Late Nollywood actor, John Okafor, popularly known as Mr. Ibu, will be laid to rest in his hometown of Amuri, Nkanu West Local Government Area of Enugu State on Friday, June 28.
A viral clip circulating on… pic.twitter.com/uYtxsDPgWG
— Vanguard Newspapers (@vanguardngrnews) June 28, 2024
Entertainment
Organizers Cancel Burna Boy’s US Shows After Fans Refused To Buy Tickets

The singer ‘No Sign of Weakness’ US tours including tonight’s performance scheduled for November 28, 2025, at The Armory in Minneapolis was abruptly cancelled after fans failed to buy tickets.
Ticketmaster announced the last minute cancellation on its website on Thursday.
Today’s show was cancelled with another concert scheduled for December 1, 2025, in Chicago.
READ ALSO:Burna Boy Reveals Fighting Secret Battles
While the tour failed to provide a specific reason for the cancellation, the development came amid the public criticism directed at
Burna Boy after he walked out a couple for sleeping during his performance at Colorado.
The viral video of the incident sparked controversy, which intensified after the singer, while reacting to his critics during an Instagram live session, said “he only wants supporters who buy his tickets and not fans”.
It was later reported that the woman who slept during his performance was grieving a recent personal loss.
Confirming the cancellation, Burna Boy in a post on his Instagram story on Friday morning shared a direct link from the ticketing website, showing that the two concerts were cancelled.
Entertainment
My Father Regretted Funding My Education After I Became Skit Maker – Sabinus

Nigerian comedian, Emmanuel Ejekwu, popularly known as Sabinus, has revealed that his father didn’t initially support his decision to become a comedian.
In a candid interview with VJ Adams, Sabinus explained that his dad wanted him to be a lawyer but he eventually settled for Linguistics and Communication Studies after failing to secure a law admission.
He recalled that it was while studying at the University of Port Harcourt that he discovered his comedy talent and start making skits.
The comedian said when his dad found out that he was a skit maker, he regretted funding his education and described the profession as “stupid business.”
READ ALSO:Why I Don’t Promote Nudity With My Skits – Sabinus
Sabinus said, “At first, my dad never wanted me to be what I am today, he wanted me to be a lawyer. I tried my best but I couldn’t secure a law admission. So, I had to settle for Linguistics and Communication Studies at Uniport.
“It was on the campus that I saw skit making and I decided to try it out. Money wasn’t coming.
“After I graduated, my dad never knew I was a comedian because I was hiding it. It was one more year after school that he started seeing me on comedy show posters. My sisters confirmed to him that I was into comedy. He was very furious. He fumed, ‘Which comedy? Stupid business. Look at the boy I sent to become a lawyer.’”
The comedian added that his dad eventually gave him his blessings after he started gifting him money from his proceeds from comedy.
Entertainment
My First Son Not Interested In Taking After Me – 2Face Reveals Nino’s Ambition

Legendary Nigerian musician, Innocent Idibia, popular known 2Face, has revealed that his first son, Nino, isn’t interested taking after him by becoming a musician.
Despite Nino being a talented sax player, his father revealed that his ambition is to become a medical doctor.
The African Queen crooner disclosed this while bringing Nino on stage at an event in Abuja, marking his 25 years in music industry.
“Making some noise for my son Nino, mehn,” he tells the crowd as he brings the lad on stage.
READ ALSO:2Face Idibia Reacts To Alleged Arrest In London [VIDEO]
“He said he doesn’t want to be a singer. He wants to be a doctor,” he added amid cheers from the crowd.
2Face’s first son, Nino Idibia, was born on January 15, 2006, to him and his former baby mama, Sumbo Adeoye.
Nino is a saxophonist, a model and social media influencer.
Children following their parents’ footsteps is a common phenomenon in the Nigerian music industry.
Wizkid’s first son, Boluwatife Balogun recently launched his musical career at the age of 14 with his debut EP ‘Champions’ Arrival’ under the stage name, Champz.
Metro4 days agoJUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
News3 days agoHow To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
News3 days agoBREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
Headline3 days agoCoup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire
News3 days agoTinubu Appoints Non-Career Ambassadors For US, UK, France
Politics4 days agoCrack In Edo APC As Group Accuses Party Chieftain Of Acting Opposition’s Script
Metro2 days agoBREAKING: Bandits Abduct Teenage Boy, Six Girls From FCT Community
Metro2 days agoJUST IN: One Dead As Ngige Escapes Assassination
News2 days agoGuinea-Bissau Coup: FG Gives Update On Ex-President Jonathan
Metro3 days agoTrain Attack: Terrorist Leader Gave Mamu N50m From Ransom — DSS Operative














