Connect with us

Entertainment

Why I Sought Healing For My Mum At TB Joshua’s Church – Jim Iyke

Published

on

Nollywood actor, Jim Iyke, has revealed what led him to seek healing for his mum at the late TB Joshua’s Synagogue Church Of All Nations in 2013.

In an interview shared on YouTube on Tuesday with Teju Babyface, the award-winning actor said desperation made him seek healing for his mother at the church. However, his mum, Esomugha, died on April 1, 2014.

The actor had in January 2022 revealed he paid fellow actor, Uche Maduagwu, to beat him in a video that went viral in 2021, The PUNCH reports.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: Why I Refused Linking Up With Davido In 2019 – Nigerian Rapper

Iyke had in August 2021 beat Maduagwu up for questioning his source of wealth. The video went viral at that time.

In an interview with Chude Jideonwo, Iyke noted that the beating was orchestrated and that he paid Maduagwu after they reached an agreement.

Advertisement

He said, “I called the man, we had an understanding, I paid very well for it, rolled out the script, called Moses in, we shot it and we’re about to release the ending of it. I’m not stupid. I will never make that kind of mistake.”

Iyke added that it was his strategy to promote his movie, Bad Comments.

READ ALSO: I’ve Had Failed Marriage With 3 Kids, But Nobody Knows — Jim Iyke

Advertisement

We buried over N20m in the production of that film and people were still viewing it with a certain degree of cynicism. Immediately there was a scandal, it caught fire,” the actor revealed.

While speaking with Babyface, he said he had been “extorted” financially by several men of God over his mother’s ailment, asserting she would live.

“I will never be desperate again in my life. Desperation was what took me there, to take my mother there, hoping that a man of God would heal her. If she were to live, 20 TB Joshuas would not stop her.

Advertisement

“It was her time, nobody would have made me enter that space, he was not the only one I went to, I have been to five or six men of God, is it because I do not want to mention names? How they drove me, the money they took from me,” he said.

 

Advertisement

Entertainment

Organizers Cancel Burna Boy’s US Shows After Fans Refused To Buy Tickets

Published

on

The singer ‘No Sign of Weakness’ US tours including tonight’s performance scheduled for November 28, 2025, at The Armory in Minneapolis was abruptly cancelled after fans failed to buy tickets.

Ticketmaster announced the last minute cancellation on its website on Thursday.

Today’s show was cancelled with another concert scheduled for December 1, 2025, in Chicago.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:Burna Boy Reveals Fighting Secret Battles

While the tour failed to provide a specific reason for the cancellation, the development came amid the public criticism directed at
Burna Boy after he walked out a couple for sleeping during his performance at Colorado.

The viral video of the incident sparked controversy, which intensified after the singer, while reacting to his critics during an Instagram live session, said “he only wants supporters who buy his tickets and not fans”.

Advertisement

It was later reported that the woman who slept during his performance was grieving a recent personal loss.

Confirming the cancellation, Burna Boy in a post on his Instagram story on Friday morning shared a direct link from the ticketing website, showing that the two concerts were cancelled.

 

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Entertainment

My Father Regretted Funding My Education After I Became Skit Maker – Sabinus

Published

on

Nigerian comedian, Emmanuel Ejekwu, popularly known as Sabinus, has revealed that his father didn’t initially support his decision to become a comedian.

In a candid interview with VJ Adams, Sabinus explained that his dad wanted him to be a lawyer but he eventually settled for Linguistics and Communication Studies after failing to secure a law admission.

He recalled that it was while studying at the University of Port Harcourt that he discovered his comedy talent and start making skits.

Advertisement

The comedian said when his dad found out that he was a skit maker, he regretted funding his education and described the profession as “stupid business.”

READ ALSO:Why I Don’t Promote Nudity With My Skits – Sabinus

Sabinus said, “At first, my dad never wanted me to be what I am today, he wanted me to be a lawyer. I tried my best but I couldn’t secure a law admission. So, I had to settle for Linguistics and Communication Studies at Uniport.

Advertisement

“It was on the campus that I saw skit making and I decided to try it out. Money wasn’t coming.

“After I graduated, my dad never knew I was a comedian because I was hiding it. It was one more year after school that he started seeing me on comedy show posters. My sisters confirmed to him that I was into comedy. He was very furious. He fumed, ‘Which comedy? Stupid business. Look at the boy I sent to become a lawyer.’”

The comedian added that his dad eventually gave him his blessings after he started gifting him money from his proceeds from comedy.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Entertainment

My First Son Not Interested In Taking After Me – 2Face Reveals Nino’s Ambition

Published

on

Legendary Nigerian musician, Innocent Idibia, popular known 2Face, has revealed that his first son, Nino, isn’t interested taking after him by becoming a musician.

Despite Nino being a talented sax player, his father revealed that his ambition is to become a medical doctor.

The African Queen crooner disclosed this while bringing Nino on stage at an event in Abuja, marking his 25 years in music industry.

Advertisement

“Making some noise for my son Nino, mehn,” he tells the crowd as he brings the lad on stage.

READ ALSO:2Face Idibia Reacts To Alleged Arrest In London [VIDEO]

He said he doesn’t want to be a singer. He wants to be a doctor,” he added amid cheers from the crowd.

Advertisement

2Face’s first son, Nino Idibia, was born on January 15, 2006, to him and his former baby mama, Sumbo Adeoye.

Nino is a saxophonist, a model and social media influencer.

Children following their parents’ footsteps is a common phenomenon in the Nigerian music industry.

Advertisement

Wizkid’s first son, Boluwatife Balogun recently launched his musical career at the age of 14 with his debut EP ‘Champions’ Arrival’ under the stage name, Champz.

 

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending