News
Again, 135 Boko Haram Members Surrendered To Troops In North East

A total of 135 more Boko Haram terrorists and their family members have surrendered in the Bama Local Government area following the weeklong sustained offensive by the troops of Operation Hadin Kai in Sambisa Forest.
Before this huge successes, VANGUARD had reported that over 800,000 repentant Boko Haram members are camped and well taken care of at their designated camp within Maiduguri metropolis since last year.
This is even as troops of 151 Task Force Battalion Banki, Operation Hadin Kai, have nutrialised unspecified numbers of Boko Haram terrorists and rescued two humanitarian workers in Sambisa Forest, (names withheld).
READ ALSO: Boko Haram Bomb Maker Steps On Self-made IED, Dies
Reliable Sources have said, which was also confirmed by an Intelligence Zagazola Makama, a Counter-Insurgency Expert and Security Analyst in the Lake Chad region on Sunday morning.
“The terrorists laid down their arms fews days after the troops of 21-Armored Brigade, Bama, Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK) and 199 Special Forces Battalion in collaboration with Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF), stormed 12 hideouts of the terrorists and killed 35 Boko Haram terrorists.” Said a military officer who pleaded not to be mentioned in print, as he was not authorized to talk to the press.
It was gathered that the terrorists and their family members, 3 males, 6 females and 13 children, from Ngurusoye, and Kelani village surrendered to troops of 202 Battalion in Bama.
In the same vein, one male, 5 females and 6 children, from Kauri, Siraja and Lene Hassana villages surrendered to troops of 151 Battalion in Banki Junction.
READ ALSO: Boko Haram Bomb Maker Steps On Self-made IED, Dies
Sources told VANGUARD that additional 113 insurgents from Balangaje, Bula -Waziri, Bula – Kurma and Sabil – Huda villages surrendered to the troops of 192 Battalion in Yamteke community.
“The subjects were handed over to the authorities for profiling.”
Maj. Gen. AE Abubakar, The General Officer Commanding(GOC) 7 Division and Commander Sect 1 Joint Task Force North East Operation Hadin Kai, while addressing the troops of 21 Armored Brigade Bama, charged them to defeat remnant terrorists and ensure return of total peace to the North East.
In another development, troops of 151 Task Force Battalion Banki, Operation Hadin Kai, have nutrialised unspecified numbers of Boko Haram terrorists and rescued two humanitarian workers in Sambisa Forest.
READ ALSO: Boko Haram Commander, Others Killed
It was gathered that the insurgents were killed after the troops in collaboration with the Civilian Joint Task Force and Hybrid forces, stormed the Hideouts of terrorists in Gargash in the axis of Bama Local Government Area of Borno State.
The sources said that in the cause of the engagement, two humanitarian workers abducted from Monguno in 2022 were rescued.
The troops also recovered three hilux vehicles with one of them mounted with Anti Aircraft guns.
News
N200b Agric Credit Dispute: Appeal Court Slams NAIC, Upholds First Bank Victory

The Court of Appeal, Abuja, has dismissed the appeal filed by the Nigerian Agricultural Insurance Corporation (NAIC) against First Bank of Nigeria in the long-running dispute over the disbursement of the Federal Government’s N200 billion Commercial Agriculture Credit Scheme.
The decision was one of seven precedent-setting judgments delivered in six hours on Friday by Justice Okon Abang, underscoring his reputation as a hardworking, firm, and uncompromisingly principled jurist whose rulings continue to shape Nigeria’s legal landscape across criminal, human rights, banking, and civil litigation.
In 2013, the NAIC dragged First Bank before the Federal High Court via originating summons, alleging that the bank failed to deduct the mandatory 2.5 per cent premium under the agriculture credit scheme. First Bank promptly filed a counter-affidavit and written address, with both sides joining issues and exchanging further processes over the years.
But when the case was ripe for hearing, NAIC sought to suddenly withdraw its suit—claiming an unnamed Bankers’ Committee representative had approached it for an out-of-court settlement.
READ ALSO:Court Dismisses SPDC’s Objections To Compensation Over Hydrocarbon Pollution In A’Ibom
First Bank objected, insisting that once pleadings had been exchanged, withdrawal without consent should lead to dismissal, not a mere striking out. To strike out, the bank argued, would allow NAIC a second bite at the cherry—an abuse of process.
The Federal High Court agreed and dismissed the suit, prompting NAIC to head to the Court of Appeal.
Delivering the unanimous judgment of the Court of Appeal, Justice Abang held that NAIC’s appeal was “grossly misconceived” and that, having seen the bank’s defence, NAIC attempted to retreat and re-strategise, “only being smart, believing that it could cunningly manipulate judicial proceedings to save a suit that appears weak and manifestly unsupported.”
He stressed that, once a defendant’s counter-affidavit has been served, any withdrawal by the claimant must naturally lead to dismissal, not striking out, to avoid overreaching the respondent.
READ ALSO:N6trn: Court Orders Tinubu To Publish NDDC Audit Report, Name Indicted Officials
Justice Abang agreed with the trial court that, “Since issues have been joined and the matter has previously been adjourned on several occasions, the proper order to make on the application of the plaintiff is to dismiss the suit.”
The Court of Appeal also questioned NAIC’s reliance on an alleged intervention by the Bankers’ Committee—a non-party that had earlier resisted being joined in the matter.
The appellate court concluded that NAIC, having sighted the bank’s counter-affidavit, simply lost confidence in its case and sought a “soft landing” to refile later.
READ ALSO:
“This cannot be allowed under our watch. The appellant cannot command the impossible,” Justice Abang held, agreeing with the decision of the Federal High Court and dismissing NAIC’s appeal in its entirety, affirming the lower court’s ruling and awarding N1 million costs in favour of First Bank.
The judgment revisits the implementation of the N200 billion Commercial Agriculture Credit Scheme (CACS) launched in 2009 and funded through a DMO-issued bond. The scheme was a flagship intervention of the CBN to boost agricultural productivity through low-interest financing capped at nine per cent.
(GUARDIAN)
News
Nigeria Records One Of Africa’s Widest Gaps In Policy Reputation Index

Nigeria has been identified as one of the African nations suffering the largest disconnect between policy delivery and citizen trust, a finding described as the “defining governance crisis” across the continent, according to the inaugural RPI African Policy Index 2025 released by Reputation Poll International (RPI).
The comprehensive Index, which evaluates governance and policy performance across all 54 African countries, places Nigeria in the middle tier of “Strugglers” with an overall score of 52.3. This category reflects nations that achieve partial policy results but fail to earn public confidence.
Drawing from hard data on policy implementation and perception surveys involving over 25,000 Africans, the report shows that Nigeria records one of the continent’s widest Trust Gaps, sometimes exceeding 25 points between objective performance and citizen confidence.
The report flags Nigeria alongside South Africa, Angola, Egypt, and Zimbabwe as countries with the most severe mismatches.
READ ALSO:Why I Returned To Nigeria On Ivorian Jet — Jonathan
In Nigeria, anti-corruption laws and other initiatives score reasonably well on paper but fail to inspire public trust due to perceived elite impunity and inconsistent enforcement.
Similar patterns exist across these nations, where oil wealth, infrastructure spending, and progressive legislation do not convince ordinary citizens that governments genuinely serve their interests. This trust deficit is highlighted as Africa’s core governance challenge.
The Index emphasises that without deliberate measures to close the gap—through transparent data, citizen audits, and visible accountability—policy ambitions alone cannot produce stable or legitimate outcomes.
By contrast, a small group of nations scoring above 70 demonstrate that world-class governance is achievable when delivery is matched by citizen belief.
READ ALSO:Nigerian Army Promotes 28 Brigadier Generals, 77 Colonels
Mauritius leads with 78.9, followed by Seychelles at 76.4, Cabo Verde at 74.8, and Botswana at 73.2. These countries excel because strong economic management, high vaccination rates, transparent institutions, and consistent progress in education and digital reforms are reinforced by equally high public trust.
Botswana and Mauritius succeed not because they are wealthy, but because they systematically include citizens in monitoring and feedback, narrowing the trust deficit to near zero.
Over half of Africa, however, remains far from this standard. The Strugglers tier (50–69.9) encompasses 30 countries, while 18 “Systemic Challengers” score below 50, from Sierra Leone at 49.2 to South Sudan at 28.4.
READ ALSO:Tinubu Constitutes Membership For US–Nigeria Security Working Group
In these countries, structural breakdowns, chronic insecurity, and collapsed legitimacy produce average Trust Gaps of 35 points, undermining even modest policy efforts amid daily experiences of violence and exclusion.
Central Africa records the lowest regional average at 41.2, while Southern Africa dominates the top tier. West, East, and North Africa deliver mixed results.
For Nigerian leadership, the Index sends a clear message: policy formulation alone is no longer sufficient. As the country grapples with debt, youth unemployment, and climate pressures, bridging the Trust Gap through better communication, transparency, and inclusive monitoring has become essential to achieve sustained development and restore public confidence.
The RPI African Policy Index 2025 stands as both a warning and a roadmap: unless the trust deficit is addressed, Africa’s governance crisis will only deepen.
(GUARDIAN)
News
‘My Father Discovered Banana Island’ – Ex-BBNaija Star Claims

Former Big Brother Naija reality star, Kiddwaya has claimed that his dad, Terry Waya, discovered the famous Banana Island in Lagos.
He made the claim in a recent of the Off The Record podcast.
The host asked: “I heard that your dad discovered Banana Island. Is that correct?”
READ ALSO:Moment Adekunle Gold Light Up BBNaija S10 Finale With ‘Party No Dey Stop’
Kiddwaya replied: “Yeah, I didn’t even know until I heard it during one of my trips.”
Kiddwaya’s dad, Terry Waya is a self-acclaimed billionaire with investments in the real estate, agriculture and hospitality industry.
His public profile was further boosted during and after his son Kiddwaya’s appearance on the Big Brother Naija reality show in 2020.
Watch video here.
Metro4 days agoJUST IN: Again, Terrorists Storm Kwara Community, Kidnap Pregnant Woman, 10 Children, Others
News3 days agoHow To Access Your Pension Before Retirement
News3 days agoBREAKING: Tinubu Declares Nationwide Security Emergency, Orders Armed Forces To Recruit More Personnel
Headline3 days agoCoup In Guinea-Bissau? Soldiers Deployed Near Presidential Palace After Gunfire
Politics4 days agoCrack In Edo APC As Group Accuses Party Chieftain Of Acting Opposition’s Script
News3 days agoTinubu Appoints Non-Career Ambassadors For US, UK, France
Metro3 days agoBREAKING: Bandits Abduct Teenage Boy, Six Girls From FCT Community
Metro2 days agoJUST IN: One Dead As Ngige Escapes Assassination
News2 days agoGuinea-Bissau Coup: FG Gives Update On Ex-President Jonathan
Metro3 days agoTrain Attack: Terrorist Leader Gave Mamu N50m From Ransom — DSS Operative













