Connect with us

Metro

Bandits Demand N1.7m Ransom For 85 People Kidnapped Last Friday In Zamfara

Published

on

Bandits operating in Zamfara and Katsina States who abducted 85 women and children in Wanzamai community of Tsafe local government area in Zamfara State have finally agreed to collect N20,000 from each of the victims amounting to N1.7 million.

The bandits also demanded that military operatives deployed to Wanzamai village should be relocated to another axis, vowing that they would continue to kidnap if the military personnel were not removed.

A native resident of the area, Ahmed Usman told DAILY POST through a telephone interview that the bandits sent a message that they would collect only N20.000 from each of the 85 victims as ransom considering their economic challenges.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: Nigeria Experiencing Dreadful Days — Pastor Enenche

“The terrorists had earlier made a demand of N50 million for the kidnapped victims to regain their freedom. The 85 kidnapped victims are mostly women and children who went to the forest to get fire woods last Friday”

Usman explained that after a series of negotiations, the bandits reduced the ransom to N20,000 for each victim as they came to understand that, they are all from poor families.

Advertisement

“They also asked us to inform the appropriate authorities that they would continue to attack the village if the soldiers continue to remain in the area”.

According to Usman, the families of the kidnapped victims were currently trying to pay the money, lamenting that, “many of them have to sell their belongings to raise the amount”.

He said his sister’s daughter was among those that were kidnapped, pointing out that the family has launched an appeal fund to raise the amount and save the girl.

Advertisement

Usman further explained that the kidnap of the 85 people was a reprisal attack by the bandits whose people were killed in a raid by the military last Thursday.

READ ALSO: Bandits Abduct 10 Students In Kaduna

“There was an attack on the bandits’ camp by the military last Thursday where some bandits were killed”.

Advertisement

“The people of the village were told not to go to the forest last Friday because of the fear that the bandits might attack them but unfortunately some women and children did not heed the warning”.

“They went to the forest to get fire woods not knowing that the bandits were hiding there and they were all abducted”.

He noted that two of the kidnapped victims were able to escape, while one was killed by the bandits.

Advertisement

Metro

NDLEA Destroys Two Cannabis Farms, Arrests Suspects In Edo

Published

on

Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Edo State Command, have destroyed two cannabis plantations with a yield of 1,388.42kg in Ago Forest, Orhionmwon Local Government Area of the state.

Mitchell Ofoyeju, state commander of the NDLEA, who disclosed this in a statement on Monday in Benin, said four suspected drug traffickers in the past one week.

According to Mitchell, credible intelligence led to the raid of the farms measuring 0.362021 hectares and 0.229346 hectares, respectively, and totalling 0.555367 hectares which were completely destroyed.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:NDLEA Intercepts Drugs Hidden In Cream, Jackets At Lagos Airport

Mitchell revealed that three suspected female and one male drug traffickers were also arrested in a separate operation at the back of Oredo Local Government Secretariat in Benin City.

He named the suspects as Eniye Osague, a 25-years-old female; Osaretin Erabor, 43-year-old female; Vivian Chukwuma, a 38-year-old female; and Osigwe Omogie, 44-year-old male.

Advertisement

Eniye Osague, a 25-year-old female, was arrested behind the Oredo LGA Secretariat, Benin City, on 15th May 2026.

READ ALSO:Edo NDLEA Seizes Drug Worth N1.8 Billion

Exhibits found on her are 272 grams of Scottish loud. Osaretin Erabor, a 43-year-old female, was also apprehended behind the Oredo LGA Secretariat, Benin City, on the same day with 914 grams of cannabis sativa.

Advertisement

“Vivian Chukwuma, a 38-year-old female who was arrested at the Hausa Quarters, Oluku, Benin City, was found with 315 grams of cannabis loud, 22 grams of Colorado, 38 grams of methamphetamine, and 30 grams of Tramadol 100mg.

“The fourth suspect, Osigwe Omogie, was caught with 113 grammes of Cannabis sativa, 8 grammes of loud and 5 grammes of tramadol,” the statement reads.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Metro

Violence Rocks APC Reps Primary In Ekiti Ward, Exercise Declared Inconclusive

Published

on

Chaos erupted at the All Progressives Congress, APC, primary for Ward 10, Fajuyi Pavilion, Ado Local Government Area of Ekiti State on Saturday.

Electoral officials halted the process and declared it inconclusive after violence broke out among party supporters.

The primary pitted Olushola Fatoba against Tope Ogunleye, widely known as RST. Loyalists and agents of both aspirants had converged on Fajuyi Pavilion before voting was scheduled to begin.

Advertisement

According to eyewitnesses, tensions rose when suspected thugs allegedly backing Fatoba stormed the venue wielding canes and firearms. Their arrival appeared aimed at intimidating Ogunleye’s supporters and suppressing turnout.

READ ALSO:APC Clears Wike Loyalists, Disqualifies All Fubara-aligned Aspirants For State Assembly

Despite the hostile atmosphere, Ogunleye’s backers held their ground, chanting solidarity songs in support of their candidate. Voting eventually started under heavy tension.

Advertisement

Observers at the scene said Ogunleye seemed to have the larger share of support among members present, with his base visibly outnumbering the opposition.

Violence broke out after Fatoba’s camp allegedly sensed an imminent loss. Clashes between both groups forced an abrupt end to voting.

During the unrest, Ogunleye’s agent, Mr. Sunday, was assaulted. Another member, Mr. Femi Ogunleye, was reportedly beaten and his Tecno Spark 9 phone seized. A female supporter, Mrs. Oluwaseun Osamuwa, was also attacked and her Apple Smart Wrist Watch stolen. Both Mr. Femi Ogunleye and Mrs. Osamuwa sustained injuries and were rushed to hospital.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:Rumblings In APC Over Aborted Deal With Lawmakers

As of press time, no winner had emerged and the Ward 10 primary remained inconclusive.

The violence has renewed concerns over thuggery and intimidation in internal party elections. Party members and political observers say the incident raises serious questions about voters’ ability to freely choose candidates without fear.

Advertisement

Stakeholders are calling on security agencies and electoral authorities to probe the disruption, ensure justice for those attacked, and safeguard the credibility of future primaries.

Continue Reading

Metro

My Wife Destroyed My Property, Instigated Our Children To Beat Me, Man Tells Court

Published

on

The Grade A Customary Court, Court 2, sitting in Mapo, Ibadan, Oyo State, has delivered judgment in a divorce suit filed by a man, Theophilus, against his wife, Aina, whom she accused of lack of affection, frequent quarrels, and domestic violence.

According to Theophilus, Aina was stubborn and always insisted on having things her own way.

He further said that she was disobedient and refused to listen to him.

Advertisement

The plaintiff also told the court that the defendant was hostile towards their friends and neighbours, which often led to conflicts between them.

READ ALSO:My Wife Attempted Suicide, Turned Our Children Against Me ‘Cos I Suddenly Became Poor —Husband

He further claimed that Aina was violent and would attack him with any object within her reach during disagreements.

Advertisement

In addition, he accused her of destroying his property whenever they had differences.

Theophilus also explained that Aina turned their children against him.

He stated that they assaulted him and damaged his belongings.

Advertisement

He told the court that he eventually left their home because he feared for his safety and believed that the defendant intended to harm him.

READ ALSO:My Husband Is A Figurehead, I Feed Our Five Children, Pay Their Fees

The plaintiff therefore appealed to the court to dissolve their marriage and also requested an order restraining Aina from threatening him or interfering with his privacy.

Advertisement

Aina was absent from court despite being served court summons.

Theophilus, while giving his testimony before the court, stated, “I have not enjoyed peace or rest of mind since I married my wife.

“I paid her bride price to her family, but they rejected it.

Advertisement

“My wife is far from being a virtuous woman.

“She was never submissive and was always full of herself.

READ ALSO:My Wife Of 22yrs Denies Me Sex —Husband

Advertisement

She had no respect for me and disobeyed my instructions whenever she wished.

“She neither listened to me nor accepted my advice.

“My wife was also violent.

Advertisement

“During disagreements, she attacked me with any dangerous object she could lay her hands on.

“On three different occasions, Aina destroyed my property.

“Our neighbours and friends were not exempt from her hostility.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:Man Jumped To His Death To Avoid Being Caught By Lover’s Husband

She was constantly at loggerheads with them and fought with them on several occasions.

“My wife also turned our children against me.

Advertisement

“They beat me mercilessly and nearly killed me.

“They also destroyed my belongings.

“I left the house after the incident because it became obvious that my wife wanted me dead.

Advertisement

READ ALSO:My Husband Is A Figurehead, I Feed Our Five Children, Pay Their Fees

“I came to court to seek the dissolution of our marriage because my wife’s presence in my life has brought me nothing but pain and suffering.

“I sincerely appeal to the court to dissolve our marriage.

Advertisement

“I also request an order restraining her from threatening me or interfering with my privacy.”

The Court President, Mrs. O. E. Owoseni, while delivering judgment, stated that there was no valid marriage to dissolve because no marital rites were performed, and no bride price was paid.

Owoseni also issued an order restraining the defendant from threatening or interfering with the plaintiff’s private life

Advertisement

 

Continue Reading

Trending