Connect with us

News

Eid-el-fitri: UNIBEN Chief Imam Warns Muslims Against Returns To Sinful Acts

Published

on

Prof. Buniyamin Ayinde, Chief Imam of the University of Benin Central Mosque has cautioned Muslims against returns to acts that could destroy the good deeds of the last 29 days of Ramadan.

Ayinde gave the warning on Friday in Benin during a sermon to end the days of Islamic Ramadan fasting.

Advertisement

The Chief Imam had earlier led a Muslim congregation on a two rakat supererogatory prayer to mark Eid-el-fitri celebration.

The cleric reminded the gathering that fasting is a sacrifice; hence the period is always used to offer supplications to Almighty Allah.

READ ALSO: Gunmen Kill 5 Policemen In Imo

Advertisement

According to him, whoever chooses to move close to Allah, He will in return make such persons close to Him too.

“Being a Muslim entails sincerity, trustworthiness and integrity.

“Therefore, we need to exhibit these characters everywhere we are, either at workplace, at home or in the public.

Advertisement

“Let’s follow the commandments of Allah and the teachings of Prophet Muhammad in whatever we do.

“We should not destroy the goodwill we have with Allah during the last one month.

READ ALSO: Chief Of Staff Of Mali’s Transition President, 3 Others Killed In Ambush

Advertisement

“We should not return to sinful acts that will destroy the good deeds of the last 30 days,” said the Imam.

Even when mistakenly sinned, the Islamic leader said Muslims needed to be remorseful and seek forgiveness in Allah.

“Let’s be remorseful in sin. We should not be shameless about forbidden things.

Advertisement

“Let’s run away from shameful act,” he added.

Ayinde, who is also a deputy vice-chancellor at the UNIBEN advised the Muslim brotherhood to attach less importance to the world and the luxury therein.

READ ALSO: UK Govt Cuts Ties With Imam After Muslim Film Protests

Advertisement

He said certainly, everybody would leave the world one day and whatever acquired in it would be left behind.

“Do not let us attach too much importance to this world. Let’s be reminded that we will leave one day. Let’s live in this world as a stranger.

“We have worked, we have sacrificed, and we have fast as commended by Allah, let’s not transgress in order not to destroy what we have laboured for,” he concluded.

Advertisement

 

Advertisement

News

BREAKING: Former Inspector-General Of Police, Solomon Arase, Is Dead

Published

on

Former Inspector-General of Police (IGP) Solomon Arase has passed away at Cedarcrest Hospital in Abuja.

As of the time of filing this report, neither his family nor the Nigeria Police Force has issued an official statement confirming the development.Japan trip

Advertisement

Arase, who served as Nigeria’s 18th Inspector-General of Police, was later appointed Chairman of the Police Service Commission (PSC).Japan trip

READ ALSO: Russia Hits Ukraine With ‘Massive’ Deadly Overnight Strikes

Before becoming IGP, he headed the Criminal Intelligence and Investigation Bureau, the police force’s top intelligence unit.

Advertisement

Born on June 21, 1956, in Owan West Local Government Area of Edo State, Arase studied Political Science at Ahmadu Bello University, graduating in 1980, and joined the Nigeria Police Force on December 1, 1981.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

News

Shock As Adeleke Employs Roadside puff-puff Hawker As Govt House Chef

Published

on

Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, on Thursday shocked a female puff-puff seller during a rally in Osogbo by buying all her snacks with ₦50,000 and offering her employment as a chef at the Government House.

This happened when Osun public servants trooped out in their thousands in what they called an appreciation solidarity rally in support of the governor for his support and care since he took over state governance.

Advertisement

It was observed that the governor, who sat in the bus, had sighted the woman who was among the crowd cheering him.

He immediately beckoned to the woman carrying a plastic container filled with puff-puff on her head and asked how much it would cost to buy all the snacks.

READ ALSO:Adeleke Flies To US For Davido’s Wedding

Advertisement

The female hawker, who was visibly surprised and star-struck at the level of her proximity to the governor, found it difficult to even tell the governor how much she sold the snacks.

Surprisingly, Adeleke handed her a bundle of ₦50,000 to the cheers of the crowd.

The lucky woman knelt down in appreciation of the governor’s generosity.

Advertisement

Excited onlookers quickly rushed to share the snacks in the plastic already purchased by the governor.

READ ALSO:Tinubu Hosts Gov Adeleke, Deji Adeleke, Davido In Lagos

The governor invited the vendor inside the vehicle where one of his officials questioned her academic background, and she revealed that she holds a Nigerian Certificate in Education.

Advertisement

Adeleke further asked about the dishes she could prepare and instructed his aides to take her contact details for employment as a chef in the Government House.

Confirming the development, the Commissioner II at the Osun State Civil Service Commission, Olaniyan Taofeek, shared the video on X (formerly Twitter), writing: “The moment Gov. Adeleke turned the life of a puff-puff seller into a Government House chef.”

READ ALSO:It’s Like He Came Back – Davido Discloses Son’s Resemblance To Late Ifeanyi Adeleke

Advertisement

A Special Assistant to the Governor on Digital Media, Oni Gbenga Lawrence, also corroborated the incident in a post on X, stating: “Moment Governor Ademola Adeleke turned the life of a puff-puff seller to Government Chef… not only ₦50k but he invited her into his car and employed her as chef in the Government House.”

The Guardian correspondent, who was at the scene of the welcome rally, made efforts to interview the lucky vendor, but they did not yield as she was not allowed to alight from the bus throughout the event.
(The Guardian)

Advertisement
Continue Reading

News

Katsina Govt Revokes Licenses Of All Private, Community Schools

Published

on

The Katsina State Government has withdrawn the operating licenses of all private and community schools in the state, with effect from August 13, 2025.

The announcement came through a circular issued by the Ministry of Basic and Secondary Education and signed by Commissioner Hajiya Zainab Musa-Musawa.

Advertisement

The ministry’s Public Relations Officer, Malam Sani Danjuma, released the document in Katsina on Saturday.

READ ALSO:JUST IN: Kastina Commissioner Assassinated

According to the circular, the move is part of the government’s effort to strengthen quality assurance and standardization within the education sector.

Advertisement

The withdrawal of licenses is aimed at ensuring that schools operate in line with approved standards and provide quality education to students,” Danjuma said.

The circular also outlined a review of fees for license application, registration, and annual renewal.

READ ALSO:Katsina, UNDP To Return 270,000 IDPs To Ancestral Homes

Advertisement

“Owners of affected schools are required to obtain fresh licenses by submitting proof of payment to the ministry on or before September 30, 2025.”

The statement also added that school operators have been warned not to increase tuition or other charges without government approval.

The ministry further promised to issue additional guidelines soon, including categorization of schools and the revised fee structure.

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Trending