News
How I Got Permit For $2bn Nigeria’s Biggest Power Plant — Davido’s Father
Published
11 months agoon
By
Editor
Adedeji Adeleke, the father of the award-winning superstar, David, popularly called Davido, has revealed what he went through securing the environmental permit for his power plant worth over $2 billion.
The billionaire industrialist disclosed this while speaking as a Layperson from the West-Central Africa Division during the Seventh Day Adventist General Conference Annual Council on Tuesday, which was held in Maryland, United States of America.
While sharing his experience as a Baptist member, Adeleke recounted how he ran into bottlenecks with ‘difficult government officials’, with a particular official saying to him that the project would never ‘see the light of day’.
READ ALSO: Ogun To Pay Above N70,000 Minimum Wage For Workers
He said he went on his knees and prayed to God because he did not want to accept the government official’s statement as the final say for his company, Pacific Energy which was closely working with Chinese engineering companies for the construction and design of the power projects.
“I am a businessman in Nigeria. I’m into the electricity business. I own a power plant, I generate about 15 per cent of the electricity needs for Nigeria. I have Chinese engineering companies that work for me. I’m building the biggest power plant in Nigeria that will be completed in January 2025. It is a 1,250-megawatt power plant.
“During the course of the design and getting the permit, we ran into difficult government officials. For environmental reasons, our permit was denied, and the particular government officials that I held a meeting with told me to my face that my project would never see the light of the day. But while he was saying that, I was saying in my mind that this guy is talking as if he is God. I was saying in my mind that God should listen to him; Because he is not God, whatever he is saying is null and void.
READ ALSO: 15-yr-old Student Sues Education Ministry, JAMB, NUC Over New Admission Policy
“So I left, disappointed and I told my Chinese friends that unfortunately we have difficulty and this project is going to stall. Meanwhile, the project is worth about $2 billion. In the process, a lot of money had already gone into the design and preliminaries. Before we get to the stage where we would need a permit and then break ground. So my Chinese friend was worried because the Afrexim Bank of China was involved so that meant bankruptcy for him. I told him not to worry,” he said.
Adeleke further stressed that his Chinese friend had to travel down to Nigeria to discuss a way out because he never believed that prayer was enough to get the project done, noting that it did as the then Minister of Power granted the approval because he saw that the project was a brilliant one.
Recall that Adeleke had earlier spoken about this power project while delivering a lecture note at the 9th graduation ceremony of Adeleke University, Ede, Osun State in July 2023.
You may like
VIDEO: Moment Davido Told His Friends To Stop Smoking Out Of Respect For His Dad
Why I Was Absent At Davido’s Miami White Wedding —Cubana Chief Priest
VIDEO: Davido Reveals Cost Of His White Wedding
Adeleke Flies To US For Davido’s Wedding
Davido Thrills In Toronto, Brooklyn As US Tour Heats Up
Davido Withdraws From 50 Cent’s London Concert
News
BREAKING: Former Inspector-General Of Police, Solomon Arase, Is Dead
Published
2 hours agoon
August 31, 2025By
Editor
Former Inspector-General of Police (IGP) Solomon Arase has passed away at Cedarcrest Hospital in Abuja.
As of the time of filing this report, neither his family nor the Nigeria Police Force has issued an official statement confirming the development.Japan trip
Arase, who served as Nigeria’s 18th Inspector-General of Police, was later appointed Chairman of the Police Service Commission (PSC).Japan trip
READ ALSO: Russia Hits Ukraine With ‘Massive’ Deadly Overnight Strikes
Before becoming IGP, he headed the Criminal Intelligence and Investigation Bureau, the police force’s top intelligence unit.
Born on June 21, 1956, in Owan West Local Government Area of Edo State, Arase studied Political Science at Ahmadu Bello University, graduating in 1980, and joined the Nigeria Police Force on December 1, 1981.
News
Shock As Adeleke Employs Roadside puff-puff Hawker As Govt House Chef
Published
20 hours agoon
August 30, 2025By
Editor
Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, on Thursday shocked a female puff-puff seller during a rally in Osogbo by buying all her snacks with ₦50,000 and offering her employment as a chef at the Government House.
This happened when Osun public servants trooped out in their thousands in what they called an appreciation solidarity rally in support of the governor for his support and care since he took over state governance.
It was observed that the governor, who sat in the bus, had sighted the woman who was among the crowd cheering him.
He immediately beckoned to the woman carrying a plastic container filled with puff-puff on her head and asked how much it would cost to buy all the snacks.
READ ALSO:Adeleke Flies To US For Davido’s Wedding
The female hawker, who was visibly surprised and star-struck at the level of her proximity to the governor, found it difficult to even tell the governor how much she sold the snacks.
Surprisingly, Adeleke handed her a bundle of ₦50,000 to the cheers of the crowd.
The lucky woman knelt down in appreciation of the governor’s generosity.
Excited onlookers quickly rushed to share the snacks in the plastic already purchased by the governor.
READ ALSO:Tinubu Hosts Gov Adeleke, Deji Adeleke, Davido In Lagos
The governor invited the vendor inside the vehicle where one of his officials questioned her academic background, and she revealed that she holds a Nigerian Certificate in Education.
Adeleke further asked about the dishes she could prepare and instructed his aides to take her contact details for employment as a chef in the Government House.
Confirming the development, the Commissioner II at the Osun State Civil Service Commission, Olaniyan Taofeek, shared the video on X (formerly Twitter), writing: “The moment Gov. Adeleke turned the life of a puff-puff seller into a Government House chef.”
READ ALSO:It’s Like He Came Back – Davido Discloses Son’s Resemblance To Late Ifeanyi Adeleke
A Special Assistant to the Governor on Digital Media, Oni Gbenga Lawrence, also corroborated the incident in a post on X, stating: “Moment Governor Ademola Adeleke turned the life of a puff-puff seller to Government Chef… not only ₦50k but he invited her into his car and employed her as chef in the Government House.”
The Guardian correspondent, who was at the scene of the welcome rally, made efforts to interview the lucky vendor, but they did not yield as she was not allowed to alight from the bus throughout the event.
(The Guardian)
News
Katsina Govt Revokes Licenses Of All Private, Community Schools
Published
21 hours agoon
August 30, 2025By
Editor
The Katsina State Government has withdrawn the operating licenses of all private and community schools in the state, with effect from August 13, 2025.
The announcement came through a circular issued by the Ministry of Basic and Secondary Education and signed by Commissioner Hajiya Zainab Musa-Musawa.
The ministry’s Public Relations Officer, Malam Sani Danjuma, released the document in Katsina on Saturday.
READ ALSO:JUST IN: Kastina Commissioner Assassinated
According to the circular, the move is part of the government’s effort to strengthen quality assurance and standardization within the education sector.
“The withdrawal of licenses is aimed at ensuring that schools operate in line with approved standards and provide quality education to students,” Danjuma said.
The circular also outlined a review of fees for license application, registration, and annual renewal.
READ ALSO:Katsina, UNDP To Return 270,000 IDPs To Ancestral Homes
“Owners of affected schools are required to obtain fresh licenses by submitting proof of payment to the ministry on or before September 30, 2025.”
The statement also added that school operators have been warned not to increase tuition or other charges without government approval.
The ministry further promised to issue additional guidelines soon, including categorization of schools and the revised fee structure.
- Drama At Benin Motor Park As Pastor Chase Away Colleague, Claims Exclusive Preaching Rights
- BREAKING: Former Inspector-General Of Police, Solomon Arase, Is Dead
- Anambra Lady, Lover Arrested For Staging Own Kidnap
- 35-year-old Man Electrocuted In Ebonyi
- Police Foil Robbery On Sagamu-Benin Expressway, Recover Stolen Tricycle In Ogun
- Nigerian Man Pleads Guilty In US To $405,000 Romance Scam Against American Women
- UK Bars Over 100 Job Roles From Foreign Recruitment To Curb Migration
- Chelsea Vs Barcelona, Arsenal Vs Bayern — UEFA Releases Fixture Date, Time
- Shock As Adeleke Employs Roadside puff-puff Hawker As Govt House Chef
- PM Killed In Israeli Strike, Say Yemen’s Huthis
Trending
- News3 days ago
JUST IN: Immigration Hikes Passport Fees To N100,000, N200,000
- Politics4 days ago
Edo PDP Knocks Okpebholo Over ₦2.5b Donation To UBTH
- News3 days ago
Firm Wants Attorney-General Investigate Court Ruling On Breach Of Contract
- News4 days ago
US Court Sentences Osun Monarch To Prison Over $4.2m Fraud
- News4 days ago
Ondo Bans Graduation Ceremonies In Primary, Junior Secondary Schools
- News3 days ago
Access Holdings Names New GMD/CEO
- News3 days ago
BREAKING: Former Customs Comptroller-General, Ahmed Aliyu Mustapha, Is Dead
- News3 days ago
JUST IN: NLC Defies Edo Assembly Resolution, Inaugurates Factional Caretaker Committee
- News5 days ago
Edo Hospital Denies Complicity In Death Of Twin Babies
- Metro4 days ago
Man Stabs Colleague To Death In Lagos Over Money Dispute