Governor Bala Mohammad of Bauchi State on Saturday, February 29 donated the sum of N10 million naira to the Nigeria Army Officers Wives Association (NAOWA), Shadawanka Barracks, Bauchi.
Mohammad made the pledge during the ‘End of Year 2019 West Africa Social Activities’ (WASA) of 33 Artillery Brigade, Shadawanka Barracks, Bauchi.
The governor who appreciated the efforts of the Nigeria Army and other security agencies toward ensuring peace and making Bauchi a non threat state, said the donation was to encourage soldiers to fight insurgencies knowing that their women folks would continue to support their course.
“In order to add support to our women folks and children in the barrack, on behalf of myself and the government of Bauchi State, appreciate the role played by NAOWA and all the barrack Community.
“We are therefore intending with our empowerment programme, donating the sum of N10 million to NAOWA, so that the barrack community will be empowered to make sure that our soldiers are going to fight the insurgents outside with their eyes closed and knowing that their women folks would continue to support them,” Mohammad said.
The governor further pledged to give the required logistic support to the force in the state so as to enable them perform optimally in the discharge of their duties.
Earlier speaking, Commander, 33 Brigade Artillery, Brig Gen:- Michael Durowaiye, Said the event was to mark the end of 2019 training year and to usher the troops into the new training year of 2020.
He said it was also for the officers to celebrate with their families and friends in the larger society, having succeeded in achieving the goals of the previous year.
He added that the social event was also to energize the troops and give them morale to accomplish the training goals of the current year.
“The event is also aimed at appreciating the rich and diverse culture of Nigeria among the troops and our families within the Barracks.
“It is equally designed to bring families of officers and soldiers and our friends from larger society together in an informal setting to mark the end of the training year,” he said.
Also speaking, Gen. Officer Commanding, 3 Division, Jos, Maj Gen:- Nuhu Ambazo, said the approach for the year 2020 would be pragmatic and operation oriented.
READ ALSO:Breaking: Amnesty Boss, Dokubo, Fired
He also said that despite the numerous security challenges, the Nigeria Army would continue to strive and live up to its expectations.
“Our troops had been trained and admonished and are ready to remain law abiding and professional in the discharge of our constitutional role,” he assured.
Other activities that graced the occasion included: Cultural dancing performed by Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, Tiv cultural groups.
Others include; Thug of War competition between the female Nigeria Army, Bauchi and National Youth Service Corps members serving in the barrack and also between the male Nigeria Army Officers and officers of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Bauchi.
100 Civil Servants Die In Jigawa Within One Month
The Jigawa State and Local Governments Contributory Pension Scheme said 100 civil servants died within one month.
Executive Secretary of the Board scheme, Alhaji Kamilu Aliyu Musa, disclosed this while briefing newsmen on the payment of the retirement and death benefits in his office.
He said the Board has paid N1.215bn to 550 retirees for the month of July, 2022.
Kamilu explained that, the beneficiaries are categorized into four for the payment of their rights.
According to him “the first category include 411 beneficiaries who have retired from the service and were paid over N920,331 million.
“The second category of the beneficiaries are those 100 people that have died while in service and their families received the total amount of N267,329 million”
“The third category of 8 beneficiaries are under the death pension balance and will get N27, 952 million as their entitlement
“While the fourth category of beneficiaries are those who are not in service for up-to five years, the board will refund 8 percent to them amounting to N201,437 thousands as their entitlement.”
The Executive Secretary also reiterated the board’s commitments to pay each retired civil servant his entitlement within one month of his retirement.
He then commended Governor Muhammad Badaru Abubukar for his support to the Board and releasing the Pensioners entitlement in a right time.
INEC Reacts As Hoodlums Burn Razed Its Enugu Office
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has confirmed that hoodlums burnt down its office at Igboeze North Local Government Area of Enugu State.
The incident occurred on Sunday night when the arsonists stormed the office situated at the council’s headquarters in Ogurute.
Confirming the incident, the Resident Electoral Commissioner in the state, Mr. Emeka Ononamadu, in a statement on Monday, said the arsonists overpowered the security guards, forced their way into the premises, and set the building ablaze.
He said although no casualties were reported, 748 ballot boxes, 240 voting cubicles, office furniture, and equipment were destroyed in spite of the effort of the Enugu State Fire Service deployed from Nsukka.
Ononamadu added that the Commission is working to ascertain the status of voter registration machines for the ongoing Continuous Voter Registration (CVR) exercise as well as uncollected Permanent Voters Cards (PVCs) locked up in the fireproof cabinet.
”The incident has been reported to the Nigeria Police for investigation and further action.
”The attack, coming in the middle of the voter registration exercise and other preparations for the 2023 General Election, is worrisome. It will be recalled that on 23rd May 2021, our office in the neighbouring Igboeze South Local Government Area was attacked in a similar manner by unknown gunmen.
”This followed earlier attacks on the Udenu Local Government Area office on 13th May 2021 and the State Headquarters in Enugu on 16th May 2021.
”The Commission has since substantially recovered from these attacks and resumed normal activities there, including the VR and collection of
”The Commission will continue to work with the security agencies and the emergency services to protect our facilities,” the statement added.
Niger Attack: Death Toll Of Security Operatives Rises To 48
The number of security personnel killed in Niger State by suspected bandits has increased following the discovery of more bodies in the bush.
Sani Kokki, the convener of Concerned Shiroro Youths of Niger State, explained that more bodies of the security operatives were discovered in the bush by the locals.
According to Sani Kokki, “On Saturday evening, the dead body of a mobile policeman was also discovered by a passerby.”
Recall that a number of soldiers, policemen and civilians were killed after bandits attacked a mining site on Wednesday in Niger State.
He explained that the death toll of the security personnel killed by the bandits had risen to 48.
He alleged that the bandits killed 34 soldiers, eight mobile policemen and six civilians.
Six Killed In US Independence Day Parade Shooting
[JUST IN] Morocco 2022: Super Falcons Lose First Game
NDLEA Secures 984 Illicit Drug Convictions
Communal Clash Claims Seven, Injures Scores In Delta
BREAKING: COVID-19 Heath Workers Block Hospital Management Board’s Entrance, Demand Payment Of Allowances In Edo
Edo Guber: ‘Oshiomhole’s Triumphant Entry Has Left You In Trauma, Demoralised,’ APC Mocks PDP
Politics1 week ago
Lawan, Akpabio Lose Out As INEC Publishes Candidates’ List
Politics1 week ago
CSO, BAT Campaign Organisation Bicker Over Academic Qualification
Politics1 week ago
Tinubu, Peter Obi Can Only Substitute Running Mate If… INEC
News1 week ago
Edo: Family Alleges Police Compromise In 17-year-old Daughter’s Death, Wants Case Transfered
Entertainment1 week ago
Paternity Dispute: King Sunny Ade Is My Biological Father, Woman Alleges
Politics1 week ago
Running Mate: Confusion Engulfs APC, Tinubu Limits Search To Borno, Kano, Kaduna
Metro1 week ago
[JUST IN] Edo: Abductors Kill Catholic Priest, Auchi Diocese Mourns
Politics7 days ago
OBJ’s ‘Mistake’ Comment On Atiku: PDP Threatens To Expose Ex-President, Issues 48hrs Ultimatum For Clarification