Metro
Kaduna Gas Explosion: DPR Set To Prosecute Unlicensed Cooking Gas Retailers
Published
6 years agoon
By
Editor
Following the gas explosion that claimed lives of no fewer than five persons in Kaduna on Saturday, the Department of Petroleum Resources, Sunday, vowed to shut down any illegal gas retailers across the 23 Local Government Areas of the state.
DPR’s Northwest Operations Controller, Alhaji Isa Tafida, while disclosing this, also added that operators of gas not licensed by the agency risk prosecution.
Addressing reporters shortly after on the spot assessment of the damage at the scene of the incident, Tafida expressed concern over the unwholesome activities of illegal retail gas vendors in the state.
The DPR boss lamented that the unfortunate incident happened few days after the agency went to sensitize the citizens of the state on the danger of patronizing illegal retail gas outlets in the state, warning the public against such activities.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:Just In: Gas Explosion Kills Scores In Kaduna
According to him, the agency in collaboration with security agencies will go out to dislodge illegal retail gas outlet operators and prosecute them.
He noted that preliminary investigation indicated that the facility in question where the explosion took place was an illegal retailing gas vendor that “engages in illegal storage of LPG (cooking) and acetylene (industrial gas).
While describing the incident as unfortunate, Tafida said the agency would no longer tolerate illegal activities of gas retailers in the State and other states under the northwest zone comprising Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Jigawa, Sokoto and Zamfara.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Updated: Prof, Four Others Killed In Kaduna Gas Explosion
The DPR boss therefore appealed to residents to report any illegal gas vendor to avert further recurrence of the unfortunate incident with the view to protecting lives and properties.
You may like
Metro
Police Arrest Kidnap Kingpin, Others In Benue
Published
57 minutes agoon
August 30, 2025By
Editor
A combined team of Policemen from Benue and Enugu States have apprehended a suspected kidnapper’s gang leader identified as Yusuf Muhamed, in Orokam, Ogbadibo Local Government Area of Benue State.
According to residents of the area, the suspect and his group had been terrorising some communities in the local government leading the chairman of the local government to impose curfew in the council.
One of the residents, Mike Agbo said that the gang leader and others were apprehended during the week.
Agbo said, “The suspect’s identity was confirmed by three kidnapped victims who revealed that Muhamed was the officer in charge of torture in the kidnappers’ camp.
READ ALSO:Police Arrest ‘One-chance’ Suspects Linked To Killing Of Benue Lady, Grace Alewa In Abuja
“His easy identification is a result of his bad left hand.
Confirming the incident to journalists on Saturday in a telephone chat, chairman of Ogbadibo LGA, Sunday Ajunwa said that the kidnapper’s gang leader was arrested by combined teams of policemen and vigilance group in the area.
The chairman said, “It is true that Yusuf has been arrested by the combined team of Police from Makurdi and Enugu as well as the vigilante in the area.
“He attempted to run but the youths pursued and caught him. Those he kidnapped made a confessional statement of how he tortured them in captivity.”
The chairman added that the suspect alongside 21 other suspects was in police custody.
READ ALSO:Police Recruitment: PSC Moves To Stop Hijack Of Exercise By Politicians
Ajunwa who also confirmed that the rampant insecurity in his council made him impose curfew from 6pm to 6am said that the security situation in the area has improved.
“The security situation in Orokam is stable though the curfew from 6pm to 6am is still enforced. But I am thinking of lifting it after meeting with security agencies and stakeholders,” the chairman said.
When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer for the State Command, DSP, Udeme Edet said she was yet to receive the report.
Edet said, “Please what do you want to confirm, I’m yet to confirm it. When I get news of it, it will be related.”
Metro
My Wife Sleeps In Leggings, Denies Me Sex —Husband
Published
7 hours agoon
August 30, 2025By
Editor
…He starves me, our children, beat me, left me almost naked in public —Wife
A minibus driver complained before a local court in Lusaka, Zambia, that his wife sleeps in leggings to prevent him from making love to her.
Richard Makura, 48, of Kanyama compound was testifying in a case in which his wife, Patricia Mulenga, 40, a business woman sued him for divorce on allegation that he was violent.
According to the Zambian Observer, the two got married in 1996 and have three children.
Patricia told the senior court magistrate, Lewis Mum, sitting with two other magistrates, Abbyshine Michelo and Esther Mulomba at Kanyama Local Court that Richard has been beating her over petty issues since her father in 2004.
READ ALSO:I No Longer Love My Husband, I Want Divorce —Wife
She explained that in 2006, he threatened to burn her clothes and was forced to seek refuge at her parents’ home.
She told the court that he once beat her until she fainted.
Patricia stated that in 2015, Richard started working for APG Milling in Mansa but still failed to provide for the family because he only sent home K50 or K100 per month.
She further said that Richard joined her in June 2016 when his contract was terminated but she never saw the benefits he was given.
READ ALSO:‘My Husband Became Hostile After Losing His Job, Brandished Cutlass At Me’
“When I asked for our children’s school fees, he beat me in public and removed the chitenge material I was wearing.
“I was left in the short skirt I was wearing and in the confusion, he beat a man who wanted to rescue from his hand,” Patricia stated.
In defense, Richard denied being violet but admitted that problem started in 2006 when he had a girlfriend.
READ ALSO:My Wife Denies Me Sex, Neglects Our Children —Husband
He explained that when he came from Mansa, his wife started sleeping in leggings to prevent him from making love to her.
The magistrate, Mumba stated that there was violence in their marriage and since Patricia wanted divorce, the court had no power to continue to live with Richard.
He granted the couple divorce, ordering Richard to compensate Patricia with K6,000 with initial payment of K1,000 followed by monthly installment of K400.
Property acquired together was ordered to be shared equally.
Metro
I Spent 13 Days In Hospital After My Husband Beat Me —Wife
Published
7 hours agoon
August 30, 2025By
Editor
…I now love her the more —Husband
A housewife, LadidiI Abass, has dragged her husband, Shehu Abass, to a Sharia Court sitting in Magajin Garki, Kaduna, Kaduna State, seeking divorce over alleged battery.
Abass who reside at Rigasa, Kaduna, said her husband usually beat her any time they had a misunderstanding.
Accordng to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), the last time he did, he was hospitalised for 13 days.
“He usually beats me in front of our children.
“The last time he beat me, I was hospitalized for 13 days,” Ladidi said.
READ ALSO:My Wife Harasses, Slaps Me All The Time —Husband
She prayed the court to dissolve their union and grant her custody of their children.
The defendant, Shehu, denied all the allegations.
“I have just started loving my wife. I love her more and more every hour, “
Shehu thus prayed the court to grant him time to resolve their differences.
The judge, Murtal Nasir, after he had heard both parties, ordered the complainant to testify on her allegation on battery.
He then adjourned the case.
- Nigerian Man Pleads Guilty In US To $405,000 Romance Scam Against American Women
- UK Bars Over 100 Job Roles From Foreign Recruitment To Curb Migration
- Chelsea Vs Barcelona, Arsenal Vs Bayern — UEFA Releases Fixture Date, Time
- Shock As Adeleke Employs Roadside puff-puff Hawker As Govt House Chef
- PM Killed In Israeli Strike, Say Yemen’s Huthis
- Wike Gives Update On Rivers Emergency Rule Expires Date
- Police Arrest Kidnap Kingpin, Others In Benue
- Katsina Govt Revokes Licenses Of All Private, Community Schools
- JUST IN: Oldest Missionary To Nigeria, Ruth Elton, Is Dead
- APC Mocks Jonathan As ADC Woos Him For 2027 Race
Trending
- News5 days ago
NAFDAC Warns Of Fake Postinor-2 In Circulation
- News2 days ago
JUST IN: Immigration Hikes Passport Fees To N100,000, N200,000
- Politics5 days ago
PDP Zones 2027 Presidential Ticket To South
- Politics5 days ago
Why APC Candidates Contested 2023 LG Election Despite Intimidation — State Chairman
- Sports5 days ago
Brazil Names Squad Without Neymar, Vinicius For World Cup Qualifiers [FULL LIST]
- Sports5 days ago
Enabulele Confident Of Team Edo’s Success At 2025 NYG
- Politics3 days ago
Edo PDP Knocks Okpebholo Over ₦2.5b Donation To UBTH
- News5 days ago
Tinubu Signs Direct Flight, Other Agreements With Brazil
- Sports5 days ago
Sports Commission Boss Commends Team Edo Athletes For Continental Triumph
- News5 days ago
OPINION: Death Of World’s Nicest Judge