Entertainment
My Relationship With Basketmouth – Singer

Fast-rising singer, Lisa Viola, has revealed her relationship with actor and comedian, Bright Okpocha aka Basketmouth.
According to the Angolan-born and Australian-raised singer, she met Basketmouth in Australia many years back but was unaware of his popularity until much later.
Speaking of her first encounter with the famous comedian, Viola said, “I met Basket in Australia at his show many years ago. To be honest I didn’t know who he was as I didn’t really follow comedy like that. I remember being introduced to him and telling him about my music.
“He posted my music video on his FB page. I always remembered that. When I found out I was coming to Nigeria, I messaged him on social media. I really had no idea how much of an icon he was until I got here. He’s a beloved Nigerian superstar!
“Basketmouth has been my mentor. Since I got to Nigeria. He has given me such an insight into the industry, the culture, and also the business. When I grow up, I want to be BasketMouth! but a lady version, of course.
“Now, he is the executive producer of my soon-to-be-released EP, Mixed Feelings, which was produced by Duktor Set. The EP will be out on August 19 but I already have a song, Lagos featuring Majeed, my label mate rocking the airwaves,” the singer said.
READ ALSO: Meet Some Of The BBNaija Housemates In ‘Level Up’ Edition
The first daughter of three kids, the singer moved to Australia with her mother at 5, due to the Civil War in Angola where she lost her father.
Sadly, she lost her mother last December.
Reminiscing about her parents, she said, “I lost my mother in Dec just before Christmas. She was a feisty Angolan woman who raised us to be fiercely proud of our African heritage. She wanted me to get married and have a family more than anything. My stepfather is Swiss and so our house was basically the United Nations especially during birthday celebrations as our parents had friends from Mali, Kenya, Serbia, the UK, and Portugal you name it.
Entertainment
BBN Star Tega Dominic Breaks Silence On Alleged Affair With Frank Edoho

Former Big Brother Naija star, Tega Dominic has addressed claims by Frank Edoho’s estranged wife, Sandra, who accused her and others of affairs with the TV host, even in their home.
In a statement posted via her X handle, Tega explained that her friendship with Edoho started in mid-2025 over social media and a shared birthday wish to her mother, with their only meeting having her manager in attendance.
Her post read, “I honestly did not want to speak on this because I have spent a long time trying to stay away from unnecessary drama, but at this point, my silence is no longer helping. I have absolutely no sexual or emotional relationship with Frank Edoho.
READ ALSO:Moment Adekunle Gold Light Up BBNaija S10 Finale With ‘Party No Dey Stop’
“Frank is a great guy and a very good friend of mine. We started talking around mid-last year after he sent birthday wishes to my mum. Like many people in the industry, we already knew each other through social media and mutual familiarity. He is also my kinsman. There was never anything inappropriate between us.
“The first and only time I hung out with Frank was with my manager, Paul Ukonu, present,”she said.
“I have absolutely nothing to hide. And honestly, if I ever had anything to do with Frank romantically, I would say it with my full chest. He was separated at the time, and I am also separated. If you know me, you know I have never been the type to hide or sneak around. I say things exactly as they are.
READ ALSO:BBNaija 10: Mercy Eke Reveals Housemate Who’s 10/10
“I have worked too hard to build myself and my brand step by step to allow false accusations stain my name like this. I owe it to my family, friends, supporters, and the reputable brands I work with to protect my reputation.
“I believe it is important for evidence to be provided because I will not let this slide. My name cannot be dragged carelessly into false narratives.
“This has honestly been very upsetting for me, but moving forward, my lawyers will handle the matter appropriately.”
Entertainment
Grammy Announces Date For 2027 Awards Nominations

The Recording Academy, the organizers of the Grammy Awards, has announced the dates for the 2027 edition of its awards ceremony and nominations.
The organizers revealed the date on Tuesday during an upfront presentation in New York.
Nominations will be announced November 16, 2026, with eligible albums having been released between August 31, 2025, and August 28, 2026.
The Grammy awards ceremony will be held on February 7, 2027.
READ ALSO:2026 Grammys: Full List Of Winners
The ceremony will be aired live from Crypto.com Arena in Los Angeles on ABC and will stream on Disney+ and Hulu.
The development is a break from the Grammy’s 54 consecutive years partnership with CBS.
Also announcing the news on its Instagram page, Grammy, wrote: “IT’S TIIIIIME! The road to the 2027 Grammys officially begins now. Mark your calendars for submissions, nominations, voting, and all the key moments leading up to Music’s Biggest Night. Grammy Season.”
Entertainment
BREAKING: Nollywood Actor Alex Ekubo Is Dead

Famous Nollywood actor, Alex Ekubo, is dead.
A Nollywood source, who does not wish to be named, informed DAILY POST that Alex was rushed to the hospital on Monday.
The source said the actor had been battling kidney cancer
The actor passed away on Tuesday afternoon after spending hours on life support.
READ ALSO:Again, Tragedy Hits Nollywood As Another Actress Dies
Alex was rumoured to be suffering from serious health issues in May 2025 after months of social media disappearance.
A check confirmed that Ekubo’s last social media post was on December 30, 2024.
News4 days agoGun Battle In Oyo Forest As Police Disrupt ₦10m Ransom Collection Plot
Politics3 days agoFour Fubara Loyalists Disqualified As APC Clears 21 For Rivers Reps Primaries
Metro4 days agoDrama As Teenagers Stage Secret Wedding With N3,000 Bride Price
News3 days agoLagos Sanctions 15 Money Lending Companies For Sharp Practices
Politics3 days ago2027: Court Rebukes Plaintiff, Lawyer In Suit Against Jonathan, Awards N1m Fine
Metro3 days ago‘My Husband Refused To Work, Took To Excessive Drinking, Smoking After He Returned From South Africa’
Sports4 days agoCAF Introduces New Laws After Chaotic AFCON Final In Morocco
News4 days agoPAP Sends Additional 15 Scholarship Beneficiaries For Post-Graduate Studies In UK
News3 days agoIGP Vows To End Impunity, Upgrade Traffic Warden Unit
News4 days agoAdeleke: Crime Cannot Dethrone Apetu And Enthrone Oluwo















