News
Oke- Oroma, Amagba Impasse: AIG Sues For Peace, Sets To Investigate Alleged Murder, Incessant Invasion
Published
5 years agoon
By
Editor
The Assistant Inspector-General of Police Zone Five, AIG, Dibal Yakadi, has admonished those feuding the lingering hostilities between Oke-oroma and Amagba Villages to discontinue and maintain peace.
AIG Yakadi in a meeting held recent in his office, in Benin City, Between the warring Communities said, he had been mandated by the Inspector-General of Police, to carryout full Investigations on a reported allegations of incessant attacks unleashed on Oke-Oroma by Amagba village.
He noted that in the course of the nvestigations, who ever is found wanting would be charged to court and prosecuted.
The AIG informed the August gathering that, he was mandated to look into the lingering feud and murder, based on the petitions and clarion calls for justice from Oke-Oroma preferred against Amagba village.
His words, “I have been mandated to look into the prolonged crisis in your community and profer peace in the end. We are also ready to investigate the course of the tension and prosecute or Charge to court offenders when necessary. During the Course of our Investigations i enjoin all to make peace”.
READ ALSO: Edo 2020: ‘Obaseki boycotted Debate Due Poor Performance’, Says APC
Recall that, in 2017, 2018 and repeatedly February this year, Amagba community was accused to have forcefully invaded Oke-Oroma community with the intention of taking over their lands.
However, it was reported across multiple sources that, the daring invasion which was earlier repealed was later carried out again and this time, no fewer than six persons lost their lives, including an octogenarian.
The 85-year-old man from Esan extract, had relocated to Oke-Oroma community many decades ago and had his children and grandchildren brought up in the community.
On eye witness account, Pa Monday Okhulegbe was unable to run when the suspected hoodlums invaded the community, killing also an underage girl of 6-year-old on that tensed day.
READ ALSO: APC Kicks As Betsy Obaseki Allegedly Orders Closure Of Free Medical Outreach
The community was brought to ground zero with many of the villagers abandoning their homes.
With a tensed air hovering around the community, the displaced villagers had continued their daily protests against the inhumane treatment allegedly melted on them by Amagba community despite refuting it lateron.
Angry protesters had staged another protest against the forceful invasion of Oke-Oroma community at the palace of the Oba of Benin.
The protesters who thronged the palace in their numbers had called on the attention of the palace over their terrible ordeal which left no fewer than six dead and properties destroyed.
Aftermath of petitions by the displaced Oroma people, it was neccessiated that, for the first time the Inspector-General of Police mandated the AIG in charge of Zone five to find a lasting ways to abate subsequent occurrence.
In his first step, some key actors from both villages were invited for the meeting.
READ ALSO: Rescue Us From Incessant Attack, Land Encroachment, Oke-Oroma Community Begs Edo Govt, Others
From Amagba, were, Pa Joseph Iduoriyekemwen ( Odionwere Of Amagba) Hon Matthew A Iduoriyekemwen, Peter IRHIOMWEN Erhimwinose popularly know as Ebo Amagba/Yellow man and Ovie Nikogbasie.
From Oke-Oroma side, Gaius Emokpae the odionwere designate, led O Uwaifo, Isaac Momoh, Osaru Okulegbe, Wilfred Ebohon Emokpae, Nosakhare Oyemwemina, Osasu Osadolor, and Sylvester Obayuwana.
Others invited but conspicuously absent were, Joshua Edo Arasomwan Uwuigbe, Peter Enoghayin and Johnbull Omoma.
At the Zone Five, interviews were conducted with respondents speaking on the genesis of the crisis.
Oke-Oroma Leaders who were given the floor narrated, what they claimed, was the genesis of the war of attrition and annihilation.
They accused Amagba community to have executed with brutal efficiency, their expansionist ambition as was done in the past to other neighbouring villages like UGBOR, Evbukhu, Ogunmwenyin, Uhunvboke, (Ago Uwagboe), and Ogheghe.
READ ALSO: BREAKING: Lives Lost As Edo APC Campaign Train Involves In Auto Crash
During the meeting, it was also mentioned that, Soldiers were now in Oke-Oroma maintaining peace and Order after the crisis that sent the inhabitant scampering for their lives.
In his response, the Odionwere, Pa Joseph Iduoriyekemwen averred that, one Gaius Emokpae visited him at home in early 2018 to discuss peaceful way forward.
On his part, Matthew Iduoriyekemwen spoke extensively at length trying to absolve himself from all the various and vicarious allegations against him.
Meanwhile, a team of Police emissaries from Zone Five, alongside Okoroma and Agbama teams visited three villages yesterday to make on the spot assessments of February 19, 2020, attack.
It was gathered that, during the assessment, a vehicle belonging to one Ebohon Wilfred Emokpae an indegine of Oke-Oroma was attacked by suspected hoodlums from Obazagbon village, a stone thrown from the restive community as the three unarmed Police officers detailed for the assessment watch on helplesslesly.
According to the victim who cheated death by the wisker, “they were in Okoroma successfully but on getting to nearby Obazagbon village, my vehicle was attacked. They dragged me out and gave me the beating of my life”.
“It started even in the presence of the three unarmed police leading them. Many of Amagba and Obazagbon youths with short short guns were in the scene”.
Luckily, there was a soldier from my village following them. His intervention prevented what would have led to heavy casualties of numerous souls.
He further said, “Amagba Peter IRHIOMWEN Erhimwinose also known as Yellow man was there, Joshua Edo was there, Amagba Vice Chairman, Arosomwan Uwuigbe too. Obazagbon Vice Chairman Omozusi who was the Principal actor led the unexpected assaults on Okoroma team.
“Many of the youths carried short guns. The objective of visiting the scene of destructions of the three villages has not been completed as only one(Okoroma) was done”.
READ ALSO: Just In: Security Operatives Repel Robbers Who Attempted To Attack Obaseki’s Convey In Edo
Arguably, the recent development is an indication that Amagba and Obazagbon were never ready for peaceful resolutions as they violently prevented the police from recording the evil destructions they did in February 19, 2020.
Despite making contact with the Zone 5 Image maker, SP, Emeka Iheanacho Over the incident, however, no statements have been released yet by the Police Operatives on the recent development, since a complain was incidented by the victim, as investigation continues.
You may like
News
BREAKING: Former Inspector-General Of Police, Solomon Arase, Is Dead
Published
3 hours agoon
August 31, 2025By
Editor
Former Inspector-General of Police (IGP) Solomon Arase has passed away at Cedarcrest Hospital in Abuja.
As of the time of filing this report, neither his family nor the Nigeria Police Force has issued an official statement confirming the development.Japan trip
Arase, who served as Nigeria’s 18th Inspector-General of Police, was later appointed Chairman of the Police Service Commission (PSC).Japan trip
READ ALSO: Russia Hits Ukraine With ‘Massive’ Deadly Overnight Strikes
Before becoming IGP, he headed the Criminal Intelligence and Investigation Bureau, the police force’s top intelligence unit.
Born on June 21, 1956, in Owan West Local Government Area of Edo State, Arase studied Political Science at Ahmadu Bello University, graduating in 1980, and joined the Nigeria Police Force on December 1, 1981.
News
Shock As Adeleke Employs Roadside puff-puff Hawker As Govt House Chef
Published
21 hours agoon
August 30, 2025By
Editor
Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, on Thursday shocked a female puff-puff seller during a rally in Osogbo by buying all her snacks with ₦50,000 and offering her employment as a chef at the Government House.
This happened when Osun public servants trooped out in their thousands in what they called an appreciation solidarity rally in support of the governor for his support and care since he took over state governance.
It was observed that the governor, who sat in the bus, had sighted the woman who was among the crowd cheering him.
He immediately beckoned to the woman carrying a plastic container filled with puff-puff on her head and asked how much it would cost to buy all the snacks.
READ ALSO:Adeleke Flies To US For Davido’s Wedding
The female hawker, who was visibly surprised and star-struck at the level of her proximity to the governor, found it difficult to even tell the governor how much she sold the snacks.
Surprisingly, Adeleke handed her a bundle of ₦50,000 to the cheers of the crowd.
The lucky woman knelt down in appreciation of the governor’s generosity.
Excited onlookers quickly rushed to share the snacks in the plastic already purchased by the governor.
READ ALSO:Tinubu Hosts Gov Adeleke, Deji Adeleke, Davido In Lagos
The governor invited the vendor inside the vehicle where one of his officials questioned her academic background, and she revealed that she holds a Nigerian Certificate in Education.
Adeleke further asked about the dishes she could prepare and instructed his aides to take her contact details for employment as a chef in the Government House.
Confirming the development, the Commissioner II at the Osun State Civil Service Commission, Olaniyan Taofeek, shared the video on X (formerly Twitter), writing: “The moment Gov. Adeleke turned the life of a puff-puff seller into a Government House chef.”
READ ALSO:It’s Like He Came Back – Davido Discloses Son’s Resemblance To Late Ifeanyi Adeleke
A Special Assistant to the Governor on Digital Media, Oni Gbenga Lawrence, also corroborated the incident in a post on X, stating: “Moment Governor Ademola Adeleke turned the life of a puff-puff seller to Government Chef… not only ₦50k but he invited her into his car and employed her as chef in the Government House.”
The Guardian correspondent, who was at the scene of the welcome rally, made efforts to interview the lucky vendor, but they did not yield as she was not allowed to alight from the bus throughout the event.
(The Guardian)
News
Katsina Govt Revokes Licenses Of All Private, Community Schools
Published
22 hours agoon
August 30, 2025By
Editor
The Katsina State Government has withdrawn the operating licenses of all private and community schools in the state, with effect from August 13, 2025.
The announcement came through a circular issued by the Ministry of Basic and Secondary Education and signed by Commissioner Hajiya Zainab Musa-Musawa.
The ministry’s Public Relations Officer, Malam Sani Danjuma, released the document in Katsina on Saturday.
READ ALSO:JUST IN: Kastina Commissioner Assassinated
According to the circular, the move is part of the government’s effort to strengthen quality assurance and standardization within the education sector.
“The withdrawal of licenses is aimed at ensuring that schools operate in line with approved standards and provide quality education to students,” Danjuma said.
The circular also outlined a review of fees for license application, registration, and annual renewal.
READ ALSO:Katsina, UNDP To Return 270,000 IDPs To Ancestral Homes
“Owners of affected schools are required to obtain fresh licenses by submitting proof of payment to the ministry on or before September 30, 2025.”
The statement also added that school operators have been warned not to increase tuition or other charges without government approval.
The ministry further promised to issue additional guidelines soon, including categorization of schools and the revised fee structure.
- Drama At Benin Motor Park As Pastor Chase Away Colleague, Claims Exclusive Preaching Rights
- BREAKING: Former Inspector-General Of Police, Solomon Arase, Is Dead
- Anambra Lady, Lover Arrested For Staging Own Kidnap
- 35-year-old Man Electrocuted In Ebonyi
- Police Foil Robbery On Sagamu-Benin Expressway, Recover Stolen Tricycle In Ogun
- Nigerian Man Pleads Guilty In US To $405,000 Romance Scam Against American Women
- UK Bars Over 100 Job Roles From Foreign Recruitment To Curb Migration
- Chelsea Vs Barcelona, Arsenal Vs Bayern — UEFA Releases Fixture Date, Time
- Shock As Adeleke Employs Roadside puff-puff Hawker As Govt House Chef
- PM Killed In Israeli Strike, Say Yemen’s Huthis
Trending
- News3 days ago
JUST IN: Immigration Hikes Passport Fees To N100,000, N200,000
- Politics4 days ago
Edo PDP Knocks Okpebholo Over ₦2.5b Donation To UBTH
- News3 days ago
Firm Wants Attorney-General Investigate Court Ruling On Breach Of Contract
- News4 days ago
US Court Sentences Osun Monarch To Prison Over $4.2m Fraud
- News4 days ago
Ondo Bans Graduation Ceremonies In Primary, Junior Secondary Schools
- News3 days ago
Access Holdings Names New GMD/CEO
- News3 days ago
BREAKING: Former Customs Comptroller-General, Ahmed Aliyu Mustapha, Is Dead
- News3 days ago
JUST IN: NLC Defies Edo Assembly Resolution, Inaugurates Factional Caretaker Committee
- Metro4 days ago
Man Stabs Colleague To Death In Lagos Over Money Dispute
- Headline3 days ago
Two US Pastors Arrested In $50m Human Trafficking, Fraud Case