Metro
Parents Of 14 Stolen Children, Babies Narrate Ordeal

…our children stolen in Osun state, sold to Anambra
…bread, biscuits, soft drinks used to entice our children
The parents of the 14 children stolen and rescued by the Ondo state police command, have narrated their ordeal and expressed the agonies they went through while they were missing.
Speaking with newsmen after the three suspects who stole the children were paraded by the police in Akure, the state capital, they lauded the state police command for the feat.
Recall that a couple and a 62 year old grandma, Sabira Izuorah, and the couple, lsaiaka and Abosede Lukmqn were arrested by police for stealing 14 children including four babies.
Ages of the four babies stolen is between one week and two months while the 10 children are between two and seven years old.
They reportedly sells each of the stolen child for N1 million after enticing them with biscuits and soft drinks.
Ages of the four stolen is between one week and two months old while the 10 children are between two and seven years.
It was learnt that the 62 year old grandmother, operates an illegal orphanage where the stolen children were kept until they get buyers.
In an interview, the grandmother, who claimed to have retired as a Director from the Ministry of Women and Children Affairs, Anambra State, admitted to having received the children from the couple.
READ ALSO: Gunmen Kidnap Ex-AIG Odumosu’s Wife In Ogun
But the couple said that they sell each child to her for N500,000 while the grandmother resell each for N1 million.
Speaking, the mother of one of rescued victims, Mrs Babalola Salome, an hair dresser, said the son, David was abducted June 12, 2023.
According to her, “They’ve changed the name of my son from David to Chijoke.
“I give thanks to God. He was 2 and half years when he was abducted but he’s over five years now.
“He didn’t really recognize me again. But you know, I recognized him immediately I set my eyes on him.
“It actually happened on June 12, 2023. That man they arrested (Lukman), his mother’s shop was beside mine in Osogbo, Osun State.
“On that faithful day, around 7pm, I was making my customer’s hair. So, David and his brother (Daniel) were playing at the neighbour’s shop.
“So, I heard Daniel’s voice and I suspected that somebody was giving them something. I called him, asked who was offering them something and he told me that it was my neighbour and his son, Lukman (arrested suspect).
READ ALSO: Security Forces Foil Kidnap Attempt, Kill 7 Bandits In Katsina
“Immediately, I directed him to go call his brother for me but returned without finding him. I had to go there myself and asked the woman but she denied seeing her at all. It was unimaginable.
“Afterwards, we went to the police station to report and engaged in searching but all efforts proved abortive. I appreciate God and the police for the rescue”.
Also, while recounting her ordeal, Alarape Abosede said her son, Daodu,was stolen from Osun state , on 31 of October, by the Suspect, Lookman and and Abosede.
“We have been neighbors before they moved out of the former house but one day Abosede called me that she wanted to come and greet me and i described my place to her.
“But while she was coming, she came with an attachment to do her hair,, so myself and my husband went inside to bring out our goods from the house and I took her to where she wanted to do her hair and left my child there but when I got there , I couldn’t find my child.
“But last year November, I was called by the police from Ondo State and was arrested and detained.
” They said I was the one that spoke with the suspect, Abosede last and I told them she stole my child.
READ ALSO: Police Dismantle Kidnap Syndicate In Imo, Rescue Four Victims
“ Since then, we have been moving from states to states, Delta,Agbor, Benin till they were arrested in Edo state.
“It was when they were arrested that they said they have sold my child to a woman at Anambra”
Another mother, Asiata Atilola, said her child was stolen from Ipetu Ijesha.
She disclosed that the same lady suspect came to her asking to rent a house and she directed her to the landlady where she made the payment of six month rent
“After she moved in, She became friendly with everyone and later asked for my telephone number which Igave to her and promised to come back.
“She later said she wanted to get food and I told her they don’t sell food around here so I went into the kitchen and directed her to where they are selling bread but left my children outside the kitchen.
READ ALSO: Court Sentences Two Kidnappers To Death By Hanging
“Before I came back she had gone to buy bread with one of my sons.
“When I came out, I saw my other children and asked for their brother, they said the lady that came to rent the house has gone with him.
“Immediately I put a call across to her and she said she will soon come as she was directed to another place to get the bread.That was all I saw of her since November 19, last year.
“The number she gave to me was no longer working, So it was in December 24 that we heard that the suspected lady(Bose) has been arrested.
“That’s why we came to Akure but when we came we didn’t see our child, even Bose saw me she didn’t deny that she took my child but said that she has sold the child to the woman in Anambra state.
“But when we saw the woman my son’s picture was in her phone but my son couldn’t be found”
Meanwhile, the grandmother, has however, promised to take police detectives to those who bought other children.
(VANGUARD)
Metro
NDLEA Destroys Two Cannabis Farms, Arrests Suspects In Edo

Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Edo State Command, have destroyed two cannabis plantations with a yield of 1,388.42kg in Ago Forest, Orhionmwon Local Government Area of the state.
Mitchell Ofoyeju, state commander of the NDLEA, who disclosed this in a statement on Monday in Benin, said four suspected drug traffickers in the past one week.
According to Mitchell, credible intelligence led to the raid of the farms measuring 0.362021 hectares and 0.229346 hectares, respectively, and totalling 0.555367 hectares which were completely destroyed.
READ ALSO:NDLEA Intercepts Drugs Hidden In Cream, Jackets At Lagos Airport
Mitchell revealed that three suspected female and one male drug traffickers were also arrested in a separate operation at the back of Oredo Local Government Secretariat in Benin City.
He named the suspects as Eniye Osague, a 25-years-old female; Osaretin Erabor, 43-year-old female; Vivian Chukwuma, a 38-year-old female; and Osigwe Omogie, 44-year-old male.
Eniye Osague, a 25-year-old female, was arrested behind the Oredo LGA Secretariat, Benin City, on 15th May 2026.
READ ALSO:Edo NDLEA Seizes Drug Worth N1.8 Billion
“Exhibits found on her are 272 grams of Scottish loud. Osaretin Erabor, a 43-year-old female, was also apprehended behind the Oredo LGA Secretariat, Benin City, on the same day with 914 grams of cannabis sativa.
“Vivian Chukwuma, a 38-year-old female who was arrested at the Hausa Quarters, Oluku, Benin City, was found with 315 grams of cannabis loud, 22 grams of Colorado, 38 grams of methamphetamine, and 30 grams of Tramadol 100mg.
“The fourth suspect, Osigwe Omogie, was caught with 113 grammes of Cannabis sativa, 8 grammes of loud and 5 grammes of tramadol,” the statement reads.
Metro
Violence Rocks APC Reps Primary In Ekiti Ward, Exercise Declared Inconclusive

Chaos erupted at the All Progressives Congress, APC, primary for Ward 10, Fajuyi Pavilion, Ado Local Government Area of Ekiti State on Saturday.
Electoral officials halted the process and declared it inconclusive after violence broke out among party supporters.
The primary pitted Olushola Fatoba against Tope Ogunleye, widely known as RST. Loyalists and agents of both aspirants had converged on Fajuyi Pavilion before voting was scheduled to begin.
According to eyewitnesses, tensions rose when suspected thugs allegedly backing Fatoba stormed the venue wielding canes and firearms. Their arrival appeared aimed at intimidating Ogunleye’s supporters and suppressing turnout.
READ ALSO:APC Clears Wike Loyalists, Disqualifies All Fubara-aligned Aspirants For State Assembly
Despite the hostile atmosphere, Ogunleye’s backers held their ground, chanting solidarity songs in support of their candidate. Voting eventually started under heavy tension.
Observers at the scene said Ogunleye seemed to have the larger share of support among members present, with his base visibly outnumbering the opposition.
Violence broke out after Fatoba’s camp allegedly sensed an imminent loss. Clashes between both groups forced an abrupt end to voting.
During the unrest, Ogunleye’s agent, Mr. Sunday, was assaulted. Another member, Mr. Femi Ogunleye, was reportedly beaten and his Tecno Spark 9 phone seized. A female supporter, Mrs. Oluwaseun Osamuwa, was also attacked and her Apple Smart Wrist Watch stolen. Both Mr. Femi Ogunleye and Mrs. Osamuwa sustained injuries and were rushed to hospital.
READ ALSO:Rumblings In APC Over Aborted Deal With Lawmakers
As of press time, no winner had emerged and the Ward 10 primary remained inconclusive.
The violence has renewed concerns over thuggery and intimidation in internal party elections. Party members and political observers say the incident raises serious questions about voters’ ability to freely choose candidates without fear.
Stakeholders are calling on security agencies and electoral authorities to probe the disruption, ensure justice for those attacked, and safeguard the credibility of future primaries.
Metro
My Wife Destroyed My Property, Instigated Our Children To Beat Me, Man Tells Court

The Grade A Customary Court, Court 2, sitting in Mapo, Ibadan, Oyo State, has delivered judgment in a divorce suit filed by a man, Theophilus, against his wife, Aina, whom she accused of lack of affection, frequent quarrels, and domestic violence.
According to Theophilus, Aina was stubborn and always insisted on having things her own way.
He further said that she was disobedient and refused to listen to him.
The plaintiff also told the court that the defendant was hostile towards their friends and neighbours, which often led to conflicts between them.
READ ALSO:My Wife Attempted Suicide, Turned Our Children Against Me ‘Cos I Suddenly Became Poor —Husband
He further claimed that Aina was violent and would attack him with any object within her reach during disagreements.
In addition, he accused her of destroying his property whenever they had differences.
Theophilus also explained that Aina turned their children against him.
He stated that they assaulted him and damaged his belongings.
He told the court that he eventually left their home because he feared for his safety and believed that the defendant intended to harm him.
READ ALSO:My Husband Is A Figurehead, I Feed Our Five Children, Pay Their Fees
The plaintiff therefore appealed to the court to dissolve their marriage and also requested an order restraining Aina from threatening him or interfering with his privacy.
Aina was absent from court despite being served court summons.
Theophilus, while giving his testimony before the court, stated, “I have not enjoyed peace or rest of mind since I married my wife.
“I paid her bride price to her family, but they rejected it.
“My wife is far from being a virtuous woman.
“She was never submissive and was always full of herself.
READ ALSO:My Wife Of 22yrs Denies Me Sex —Husband
“She had no respect for me and disobeyed my instructions whenever she wished.
“She neither listened to me nor accepted my advice.
“My wife was also violent.
“During disagreements, she attacked me with any dangerous object she could lay her hands on.
“On three different occasions, Aina destroyed my property.
“Our neighbours and friends were not exempt from her hostility.
READ ALSO:Man Jumped To His Death To Avoid Being Caught By Lover’s Husband
“She was constantly at loggerheads with them and fought with them on several occasions.
“My wife also turned our children against me.
“They beat me mercilessly and nearly killed me.
“They also destroyed my belongings.
“I left the house after the incident because it became obvious that my wife wanted me dead.
READ ALSO:My Husband Is A Figurehead, I Feed Our Five Children, Pay Their Fees
“I came to court to seek the dissolution of our marriage because my wife’s presence in my life has brought me nothing but pain and suffering.
“I sincerely appeal to the court to dissolve our marriage.
“I also request an order restraining her from threatening me or interfering with my privacy.”
The Court President, Mrs. O. E. Owoseni, while delivering judgment, stated that there was no valid marriage to dissolve because no marital rites were performed, and no bride price was paid.
Owoseni also issued an order restraining the defendant from threatening or interfering with the plaintiff’s private life
News4 days agoGun Battle In Oyo Forest As Police Disrupt ₦10m Ransom Collection Plot
Politics3 days agoFour Fubara Loyalists Disqualified As APC Clears 21 For Rivers Reps Primaries
News3 days agoLagos Sanctions 15 Money Lending Companies For Sharp Practices
Metro4 days agoDrama As Teenagers Stage Secret Wedding With N3,000 Bride Price
Politics3 days ago2027: Court Rebukes Plaintiff, Lawyer In Suit Against Jonathan, Awards N1m Fine
Sports4 days agoCAF Introduces New Laws After Chaotic AFCON Final In Morocco
News4 days agoPAP Sends Additional 15 Scholarship Beneficiaries For Post-Graduate Studies In UK
Metro2 days ago‘My Husband Refused To Work, Took To Excessive Drinking, Smoking After He Returned From South Africa’
News3 days agoAdeleke: Crime Cannot Dethrone Apetu And Enthrone Oluwo
News3 days agoOba Of Benin Advocates Combat Training For Police Officers













