Headline
Trump Orders Inquiry Into ‘Conspiracy’ To Hide Biden’s Health Decline

US President Donald Trump on Wednesday ordered an investigation into what Republicans claim was a “conspiracy” to cover up Joe Biden’s declining cognitive health during his time in the White House.
The move, which was slammed by Biden, is the latest in a long-running campaign by Trump — with the backing of Republican Party politicians and their cheerleaders in the conservative media — to discredit his predecessor.
But it also comes as a growing chorus of Democrats begin to acknowledge the former president appeared to have been slipping in recent years.
Those concerns were thrown into stark relief by a disastrous debate performance against Trump during last year’s presidential campaign, in which the then-81-year-old stumbled over his words and repeatedly lost his train of thought.
READ ALSO: Trump Says Putin ‘Playing With Fire’ In New Jab At Russian Leader
“In recent months, it has become increasingly apparent that former President Biden’s aides abused the power of Presidential signatures through the use of an autopen to conceal Biden’s cognitive decline,” a presidential memorandum issued Wednesday reads.
“This conspiracy marks one of the most dangerous and concerning scandals in American history.
“The American public was purposefully shielded from discovering who wielded the executive power, all while Biden’s signature was deployed across thousands of documents to effect radical policy shifts.”
– ‘Ridiculous and false’ –
Biden vehemently denied the allegations.
“Let me be clear: I made the decisions during my presidency. I made the decisions about the pardons, executive orders, legislation, and proclamations,” he said in a statement shared with AFP.
READ ALSO: ‘Disgusting Abomination’ – Elon Musk Blasts Federal Spending Under Trump
“Any suggestion that I didn’t is ridiculous and false,” he said, slamming the ordered probe as “nothing more than a distraction by Donald Trump and Congressional Republicans who are working to push disastrous legislation.”
Republicans have long claimed that Biden was suffering from intellectual decline even as the White House pressed ahead with major legislation and presidential decrees during his term.
They cite his infrequent public appearances, as well as his apparent unwillingness to sit for interviews as evidence of what they say was a man incapable of doing the demanding job of Commander-in-Chief of the United States.
They insist that those around him covered up his physical and cognitive decline, taking decisions on his behalf and using a device that could reproduce his signature to allow them to continue to run the country in his name.
READ ALSO: Europe Woos US Scientists Fleeing Trump’s Policies With Paris Conference
– ‘Autopen’ –
“The Counsel to the President, in consultation with the Attorney General and the head of any other relevant executive department or agency… shall investigate… whether certain individuals conspired to deceive the public about Biden’s mental state and unconstitutionally exercise the authorities and responsibilities of the President,” the document says.
The probe will also look at “the circumstances surrounding Biden’s supposed execution of numerous executive actions during his final years in office (including) the policy documents for which the autopen was used (and) who directed that the President’s signature be affixed.”
Biden’s calamitous debate performance ultimately sank his bid for reelection, with key Democratic Party figures soon calling for him to drop out of the race.
But it was only several weeks later, after unsuccessful attempts to quieten his critics, that he withdrew, anointing his vice-president Kamala Harris, who eventually lost to Trump.
READ ALSO: Canada Votes For New Government To Take On Trump
The Democratic Party is increasingly riven by squabbles about whether Biden could have been forced to step down earlier to give the party chance to find a more popular presidential candidate.
Biden’s former White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre on Wednesday criticized the in-fighting by the Democrats, calling it a “betrayal” of Biden and announcing her departure from the party as a result.
The fight has been given oxygen with the publication of a book by journalists Jake Tapper and Alex Thompson that claims the former president’s inner circle connived to keep him from public view because of his decline, which included forgetting familiar faces like Hollywood star and party stalwart George Clooney.
Trump’s claims of a cover-up were also boosted by news that Biden is suffering from an “aggressive” prostate cancer, with some voices on the right insisting — without evidence — the diagnosis must have been known some time ago to those close to the former president.
AFP
Headline
‘Pioneer Of Cable TV News’: Key Facts About CNN Founder, Ted Turner

Ted Turner, the media businessman who founded CNN died at the age of 87. He died peacefully on Wednesday, surrounded by family, according to Turner Enterprises.
Contents
Launched 24-hour news television
Built a media network
Expanded through sports
Recognition and influence
Philanthropy and global causes
Environmental efforts
Health and later years
Early career path
Leadership and legacy
Personal life
Exit from business
Family
Below are key facts about his life and impact:
Launched 24-hour news television
Turner founded CNN on June 1, 1980, introducing the first 24-hour news channel and changing how audiences follow global events.
READ ALSO:CNN To Layoff 200 Staff Amid Attempts To Modernise Business
Built a media network
He moved from billboards into broadcasting, turning an Atlanta TV station into a national superstation in 1976. His business later grew to include CNN International, TNT, Turner Classic Movies and Cartoon Network.
Expanded through sports
Turner invested in sports broadcasting and owned teams including the Atlanta Braves and the Atlanta Hawks, using television to reach wider audiences.
Recognition and influence
In 1991, he was named Time magazine’s Man of the Year for his role in shaping modern news coverage.
Philanthropy and global causes
He founded the United Nations Foundation and supported campaigns against nuclear weapons. In 1997, he pledged $1 billion to the United Nations.
READ ALSO:CNN President, Jeff Zucker Resigns After Failing To Disclose Secret Affair With Colleague
Turner supported conservation work, including reintroducing bison in the United States, and backed environmental education through the “Captain Planet” cartoon.
Health and later years
In 2018, Turner revealed he had Lewy body dementia. He also recovered from a mild case of pneumonia in early 2025.
Early career path
He took over his father’s billboard company at 24 after his father’s death and later expanded into radio and television, despite limited experience in journalism.
“I worked until 7 o’clock, and when I got home the news was over,” he once said. “So I missed television news completely. And I figured there were lots of people like me.”
Leadership and legacy
READ ALSO:CNN Reporter Protests Nigeria’s $215 Single Entry Visa Fee
“Ted was an intensely involved and committed leader, intrepid, fearless and always willing to back a hunch and trust his own judgement,” Mark Thompson, Chairman and CEO of CNN Worldwide, said in a statement. “He was and always will be the presiding spirit of CNN. Ted is the giant on whose shoulders we stand, and we will all take a moment today to recognize him and his impact on our lives and the world.”
Personal life
Turner married actress Jane Fonda in 1991, and they later divorced after 10 years, though they remained close.
“I would never love anyone like I love him,” she said. “But I just couldn’t keep moving in his world, along the surface for the rest of my life. I knew that I would get to the end of my life and regret not doing the things that I also needed to do for me.”
Exit from business
He sold his company to Time Warner in 1996 and later stepped away following its merger with AOL.
Reflecting on his life, Turner once said: “I lost Jane. I lost my job here. I lost my fortune, most of it. Got a billion or two left. You can get by on that if you economize.”
Family
He is survived by his five children, 14 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Headline
Iran’s Nationwide Internet Shutdown Hits 70 Days

NetBlocks, a monitoring group, has disclosed that an internet shutdown enforced by the Iranian regime has entered its 70th day, severing key access from swathes of the population under the shadow of war.
NetBlocks reported on Friday that the blackout has now surpassed 1,656 hours, marking more than two months since US-Israeli strikes pounded Tehran and escalated across the Middle East.
“Digital connectivity is vital in times of crisis,” NetBlocks said in a post on X. “Limiting service harms those most in need – people with disabilities, students, small businesses and the general public.”
READ ALSO:US Underestimated Iran Before War – France’s Bardella
According to CNN, Iran imposed a separate internet shutdown on the country’s 92 million people earlier this year, when it launched the most lethal crackdown on anti-government protesters since the Islamic Republic’s founding 47 years ago.
CNN further reports that the latest blackout has cut off another potential lifeline for Iranian residents faced with high unemployment and economic pressure exacerbated by the US-Israeli campaign.
(CNN)
Headline
Gas Prices In US Edge Down After Two Weeks Of Increases

The cost of a gallon of regular gas in the United States (US) has edged down a little more than a penny to $4.55.
According to AAA’s readings, this marks the first decline in the average gas price after 15 straight days of increases.
The decline is minuscule compared to the large increases in gas prices over the last two weeks.
According to CNN, gasoline costs rose an average of nearly 4 cents a day during that period and had several daily increases of between 7 and 9 cents.
READ ALSO:Gas Station Explosion Rocks Calabar, Scores Injured, Property Destroyed
Also Read: Trump insists US-Iran ceasefire intact despite recent exchange of fire
CNN also reports that based on past gas spikes, it will likely take weeks for gas prices to get down below $4 a gallon.
The report, however, states that a previous two-week stretch of gas price declines only shaved 14 cents off the average price, taking the average price to $4.02, before the recent 15-day run of increases.
READ ALSO:Tinubu Signs Executive Order To Protect Nigeria’s Oil & Gas Revenue
According to CNN, it could take months for the average price to fall below $3 per gallon, as it did before the war in Iran.
CNN further reports that only one state – Oklahoma – now has an average price of less than $4 a gallon, and its average stands at $3.98. California has the highest average price at $6.16.
(CNN)
News4 days agoGun Battle In Oyo Forest As Police Disrupt ₦10m Ransom Collection Plot
Politics3 days agoFour Fubara Loyalists Disqualified As APC Clears 21 For Rivers Reps Primaries
News3 days agoLagos Sanctions 15 Money Lending Companies For Sharp Practices
Metro4 days agoDrama As Teenagers Stage Secret Wedding With N3,000 Bride Price
Politics3 days ago2027: Court Rebukes Plaintiff, Lawyer In Suit Against Jonathan, Awards N1m Fine
Sports4 days agoCAF Introduces New Laws After Chaotic AFCON Final In Morocco
News4 days agoPAP Sends Additional 15 Scholarship Beneficiaries For Post-Graduate Studies In UK
Metro2 days ago‘My Husband Refused To Work, Took To Excessive Drinking, Smoking After He Returned From South Africa’
News3 days agoAdeleke: Crime Cannot Dethrone Apetu And Enthrone Oluwo
News3 days agoIGP Vows To End Impunity, Upgrade Traffic Warden Unit
















