Oke- Oroma, Amagba Impasse: AIG Sues For Peace, Sets To Investigate Alleged Murder, Incessant Invasion

0
Another building damaged

 

The Assistant Inspector-General of Police Zone Five, AIG, Dibal Yakadi, has admonished those feuding the lingering hostilities between Oke-oroma and Amagba Villages to discontinue and maintain peace.

AIG Yakadi in a meeting held recent in his office, in Benin City, Between the warring Communities said, he had been mandated by the Inspector-General of Police, to carryout full Investigations on a reported allegations of incessant attacks unleashed on Oke-Oroma by Amagba village.

He noted that in the course of the nvestigations, who ever is found wanting would be charged to court and prosecuted.

The AIG informed the August gathering that, he was mandated to look into the lingering feud and murder, based on the petitions and clarion calls for justice from Oke-Oroma preferred against Amagba village.

His words, “I have been mandated to look into the prolonged crisis in your community and profer peace in the end. We are also ready to investigate the course of the tension and prosecute or Charge to court offenders when necessary. During the Course of our Investigations i enjoin all to make peace”.

READ ALSO: Edo 2020: ‘Obaseki boycotted Debate Due Poor Performance’, Says APC

Recall that, in 2017, 2018 and repeatedly February this year, Amagba community was accused to have forcefully invaded Oke-Oroma community with the intention of taking over their lands.

However, it was reported across multiple sources that, the daring invasion which was earlier repealed was later carried out again and this time, no fewer than six persons lost their lives, including an octogenarian.

The 85-year-old man from Esan extract, had relocated to Oke-Oroma community many decades ago and had his children and grandchildren brought up in the community.

On eye witness account, Pa Monday Okhulegbe was unable to run when the suspected hoodlums invaded the community, killing also an underage girl of 6-year-old on that tensed day.

READ ALSO: APC Kicks As Betsy Obaseki Allegedly Orders Closure Of Free Medical Outreach

The community was brought to ground zero with many of the villagers abandoning their homes.

With a tensed air hovering around the community, the displaced villagers had continued their daily protests against the inhumane treatment allegedly melted on them by Amagba community despite refuting it lateron.

Angry protesters had staged another protest against the forceful invasion of Oke-Oroma community at the palace of the Oba of Benin.

The protesters who thronged the palace in their numbers had called on the attention of the palace over their terrible ordeal which left no fewer than six dead and properties destroyed.

Aftermath of petitions by the displaced Oroma people, it was neccessiated that, for the first time the Inspector-General of Police mandated the AIG in charge of Zone five to find a lasting ways to abate subsequent occurrence.

In his first step, some key actors from both villages were invited for the meeting.

READ ALSO: Rescue Us From Incessant Attack, Land Encroachment, Oke-Oroma Community Begs Edo Govt, Others

From Amagba, were, Pa Joseph Iduoriyekemwen ( Odionwere Of Amagba) Hon Matthew A Iduoriyekemwen, Peter IRHIOMWEN Erhimwinose popularly know as Ebo Amagba/Yellow man and Ovie Nikogbasie.

From Oke-Oroma side, Gaius Emokpae the odionwere designate, led O Uwaifo, Isaac Momoh, Osaru Okulegbe, Wilfred Ebohon Emokpae, Nosakhare Oyemwemina, Osasu Osadolor, and Sylvester Obayuwana.

Others invited but conspicuously absent were, Joshua Edo Arasomwan Uwuigbe, Peter Enoghayin and Johnbull Omoma.

At the Zone Five, interviews were conducted with respondents speaking on the genesis of the crisis.

Oke-Oroma Leaders who were given the floor narrated, what they claimed, was the genesis of the war of attrition and annihilation.

They accused Amagba community to have executed with brutal efficiency, their expansionist ambition as was done in the past to other neighbouring villages like UGBOR, Evbukhu, Ogunmwenyin, Uhunvboke, (Ago Uwagboe), and Ogheghe.

READ ALSO: BREAKING: Lives Lost As Edo APC Campaign Train Involves In Auto Crash

During the meeting, it was also mentioned that, Soldiers were now in Oke-Oroma maintaining peace and Order after the crisis that sent the inhabitant scampering for their lives.

In his response, the Odionwere, Pa Joseph Iduoriyekemwen averred that, one Gaius Emokpae visited him at home in early 2018 to discuss peaceful way forward.

On his part, Matthew Iduoriyekemwen spoke extensively at length trying to absolve himself from all the various and vicarious allegations against him.

Meanwhile, a team of Police emissaries from Zone Five, alongside Okoroma and Agbama teams visited three villages yesterday to make on the spot assessments of February 19, 2020, attack.

It was gathered that, during the assessment, a vehicle belonging to one Ebohon Wilfred Emokpae an indegine of Oke-Oroma was attacked by suspected hoodlums from Obazagbon village, a stone thrown from the restive community as the three unarmed Police officers detailed for the assessment watch on helplesslesly.

According to the victim who cheated death by the wisker, “they were in Okoroma successfully but on getting to nearby Obazagbon village, my vehicle was attacked. They dragged me out and gave me the beating of my life”.

“It started even in the presence of the three unarmed police leading them. Many of Amagba and Obazagbon youths with short short guns were in the scene”.

Luckily, there was a soldier from my village following them. His intervention prevented what would have led to heavy casualties of numerous souls.

He further said, “Amagba Peter IRHIOMWEN Erhimwinose also known as Yellow man was there, Joshua Edo was there, Amagba Vice Chairman, Arosomwan Uwuigbe too. Obazagbon Vice Chairman Omozusi who was the Principal actor led the unexpected assaults on Okoroma team.

“Many of the youths carried short guns. The objective of visiting the scene of destructions of the three villages has not been completed as only one(Okoroma) was done”.

READ ALSO: Just In: Security Operatives Repel Robbers Who Attempted To Attack Obaseki’s Convey In Edo

Arguably, the recent development is an indication that Amagba and Obazagbon were never ready for peaceful resolutions as they violently prevented the police from recording the evil destructions they did in February 19, 2020.

Despite making contact with the Zone 5 Image maker, SP, Emeka Iheanacho Over the incident, however, no statements have been released yet by the Police Operatives on the recent development, since a complain was incidented by the victim, as investigation continues.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here