We’re Yet To Hear From HoS Abductors’ – Family

0

The abductors of the Edo State Head of Service (HoS), Mr Anthony Okungbowa, are yet to establish any contact with the family.

Okungbowa was on Saturday evening kidnapped by suspected gunmen along Oza Road, in Orhionmwon Local Government Area of the state.

His official driver was killed in the process of abducting him.

Okungbowa was said to have been on his way back to Benin after attending a local event in Oza when the incident happened.

READ ALSO: [UPDATED] Gunmen Abduct Edo State Head of Service

A family source who pleaded anonymity, said as at 1:30pm on Sunday, no word had been heard from his abductors.

He also disclosed that the whereabout of his Police oddly who was with him at the event is yet unknown.

“We are just keeping our fingers cross and pray to God for all to be well,” he said.

Police Public Relations Officer in the state, SP Chidi Nwabuzor, however, could not provide any update on the matter as he said he has been away outside the state on official assignment.

“There is nothing I can tell you right now about events in the State because i have been away in Enugu on official assignment and just returned back to Benin now,” he stated.

READ ALSO: BREAKING: Gunmen Kidnap Edo State Head of Service

Similarly, attempt made to get the State Commissioner of Police, Mr Johnson Kokumo to speak on the matter proved abortive.

The CP neither pick calls put through to his mobile telephone nor did he respond to messages sent to his line.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here